Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are season tickets a good investment?

Default Are season tickets a good investment?

I'm considering splitting season tickets with a group of people. Hoping to get 2 or 4 seats for every game for about $100 ticket. I figure we can hopefully sell off enough games at a premium and playoff tickets to at least break even and get to enjoy a lot of games for free.

Anyone done this? Thoughts?

Yeah, Definitely a great idea. I'm doing it this season and I already almost broke even. Plus now with Melo in town, I should be rackin it $$$. haha

Originally Posted by titletown2010
    I'm considering splitting season tickets with a group of people. Hoping to get 2 or 4 seats for every game for about $100 ticket. I figure we can hopefully sell off enough games at a premium and playoff tickets to at least break even and get to enjoy a lot of games for free.

Anyone done this? Thoughts?
    This is my six season with season tickets. This is the first year that im about to break even while enjoying free games. It took some time but my dedication is paying off now. With that said it is worth it especially with perks like playoff rights and Knick events.

Is 75 dollars a seat enough to get decent tickets that have good resale value?

Any sort of other fees you have to pay - like seat license, etc? Do you get a discount from buying in bulk?

Veteran

Well, the 400 seat section are now $150. per.
    Thanks to Melo.
    That's a big raise from being $6. dollar seats when I was in H.S. in the mid 1970's. For those who could afford season tickets this season got a great deal in a short term stock investment.
    sell one games ticket and the next game is FREE.

Yea I just sold a bunch of tix in the 133 area: Cavs twice, Nets, and Bucks (in march...I'll be there tonight) all went for $95+. And I saw seats in my section going for $400 for the Lakers game.

And those seats were $87 per (two seats) in the package. Came out to a little over 7 grand, and i think the box office price is $120 so there is a definite discount when you buy in bulk (season tix obviously) so you might be alright at $75 per (if that's the price in the season tix package.)

I haven't been selling my tix this season tho, I only missed 2 game so far. Next year I might try to make a little $. But if you sell your tix thru Ticket Exchange, they can automatically apply whatever amount you made to your balance, or I guess to your package next season if you renew.

How much are season tickets?

How much is the Cheapest Season ticket?

is anyone else looking to get season tickets next year? i just put down a deposit to get on the waiting list. what are the odds that seats will still be available? how long do you think this waiting list is?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

yea how much do season tickets go for dont care if their 400 level; i'd consider purchasing with friends would be great and could make myself some $$

i spoke to a rep at MSG. He told me that season ticket prices are definitely going up next season. The upper bowl seats would be in the $5-10k range.

To get on the waiting list, I would have to put down a deposit of $250/seat. But to get onto the "VIP" waiting list, I would have to subscribe to the Knicks + 1 other team, the cheapest being the NY Liberty at $900 (tax writeoff if i donate the tickets to charity). This VIP list would supposedly put me right behind current NYK subcribers but ahead of those on the "new subscriber" waiting list.

The question is -- how long is the waiting list and what are my chances of landing tickets next season. And in the grand scheme of things...is it worth it?

could we get some insight from current knicks season subscribers? like how much are you paying now -- ballpark..and how much do you expect the increase to be next year?

Originally Posted by CasperTheNYKFan
    could we get some insight from current knicks season subscribers? like how much are you paying now -- ballpark..and how much do you expect the increase to be next year?
    Just got my invoice for playoffs and next season. Im in the 200s and they are definitely hitting our pockets hard.

Playoffs are up 100% from $74 to $150 per ticket
    Next Season there up about 35% from $74 to $100 per ticket

Again this is for the 200 section. I'm not sure if this is across the board but expect it to be.

I have until 3/24 for playoffs and 5/13 for the renewal.

Based on the fact that you're asking this question I'm going to render a guess that thousands of other fans are thinking the same thing. That being said, prices for tickets are only going to rise, especially since we may have a perennial playoff contender on our hands.

If I were you I'd buy now.

thanks for the feedback. i'm thinking of dropping some cash on the 'throwaway' NY liberty tickets so that i can cut the line for new knicks subscribers. i'll let everyone know how it progresses.

as long as i can make my money back at the end of the season, then its all worth it.