Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are season tickets a good investment?

Since i don't want to create a thread for it's i'm gonna abuse this thread to ask a question.

I'm in New York from 1st to 7th November and i got tickets for the game against the Timberwolves. Can anybody recommend a place where i could go and grab a couple of beers before the game not far away from MSG?

Originally Posted by uber
    Since i don't want to create a thread for it's i'm gonna abuse this thread to ask a question.

I'm in New York from 1st to 7th November and i got tickets for the game against the Timberwolves. Can anybody recommend a place where i could go and grab a couple of beers before the game not far away from MSG?
    Irish Times - 31st Street near 8th. Not much to look at from the outside but good food and good bartenders - They know how to make a Manhattan straight up correctly. Down on the corner is Brother Jimmys 31st & 8th but it is always SRO before a Knick game.

Originally Posted by Flushing Roots
    Irish Times - 31st Street near 8th. Not much to look at from the outside but good food and good bartenders - They know how to make a Manhattan straight up correctly. Down on the corner is Brother Jimmys 31st & 8th but it is always SRO before a Knick game.

Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Flushing Roots
    I invested in a 10 game plan on the Chase Bridges section 313 which is dead center mid court. $150 per ticket x 2 - bar stools row 3. I checked SH before I bought and it looks like they will pay off. The view from the bridges are being hyped as the only of it's type in sports. I have ST in 226 that I half flip and half use. These (313) I am strictly flipping for profit as I personally won't spend $150 on a ticket. We'll see what happens... Definitely a roll of the dice.
    Did you account for the 26-ish% rake stubhub takes? If your face is $150, the buyer has to pay $197 for you to just break even. That's a little rough

$197 in listing = $150.30 to you

Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Did you account for the 26-ish% rake stubhub takes? If your face is $150, the buyer has to pay $197 for you to just break even. That's a little rough

$197 in listing = $150.30 to you
    I sell them on NBA.com/TicketsNow run by Ticketmaster off the Knicks website. Commission is 10%. Checked the resales before I bought and it looked pretty good. The bridges are getting alot of good press.

Veteran

Originally Posted by uber

Clyde Fraziers Wine and Dine on 37th and 10th, MSG is on 33th and 7th. The bar jumps on game night but you're going to be at the game, you may want to go there on another day and take in a second Knicks game watching on one of the 40 TVs in the place. I've had dinner there and stayed for like 4 hours watching from my table.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Oct 29, 2013 at 18:00.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Clyde Fraziers Wine and Dine on 37th and 10th, MSG is on 34th and 7th. The bar jumps on game night but you're going to be at the game, you may want to go there on another day and take in a second Knicks game watching on one of the 40 TVs in the place. I've had dinner there and stayed for like 4 hours watching from my table.
    Clyde's also has a court you can shoot at

Anyone ever have a problem using seats labeled as "disabled - aisle transfer seat" ? Do the ushers check at the garden