Are season tickets a good investment?

uber

Benchwarmer
Since i don't want to create a thread for it's i'm gonna abuse this thread to ask a question.

I'm in New York from 1st to 7th November and i got tickets for the game against the Timberwolves. Can anybody recommend a place where i could go and grab a couple of beers before the game not far away from MSG?

Since i don't want to create a thread for it's i'm gonna abuse this thread to ask a question.

I'm in New York from 1st to 7th November and i got tickets for the game against the Timberwolves. Can anybody recommend a place where i could go and grab a couple of beers before the game not far away from MSG?
Irish Times - 31st Street near 8th. Not much to look at from the outside but good food and good bartenders - They know how to make a Manhattan straight up correctly. Down on the corner is Brother Jimmys 31st & 8th but it is always SRO before a Knick game.

uber

Benchwarmer
Irish Times - 31st Street near 8th. Not much to look at from the outside but good food and good bartenders - They know how to make a Manhattan straight up correctly. Down on the corner is Brother Jimmys 31st & 8th but it is always SRO before a Knick game.

Thanks man! :)

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
I invested in a 10 game plan on the Chase Bridges section 313 which is dead center mid court. $150 per ticket x 2 - bar stools row 3. I checked SH before I bought and it looks like they will pay off. The view from the bridges are being hyped as the only of it's type in sports. I have ST in 226 that I half flip and half use. These (313) I am strictly flipping for profit as I personally won't spend $150 on a ticket. We'll see what happens... Definitely a roll of the dice.

Did you account for the 26-ish% rake stubhub takes? If your face is $150, the buyer has to pay $197 for you to just break even. That's a little rough

$197 in listing = $150.30 to you

Did you account for the 26-ish% rake stubhub takes? If your face is $150, the buyer has to pay $197 for you to just break even. That's a little rough

$197 in listing = $150.30 to you
I sell them on NBA.com/TicketsNow run by Ticketmaster off the Knicks website. Commission is 10%. Checked the resales before I bought and it looked pretty good. The bridges are getting alot of good press.

tiger0330

Legend

Clyde Fraziers Wine and Dine on 37th and 10th, MSG is on 33th and 7th. The bar jumps on game night but you're going to be at the game, you may want to go there on another day and take in a second Knicks game watching on one of the 40 TVs in the place. I've had dinner there and stayed for like 4 hours watching from my table.

Last edited:

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Clyde Fraziers Wine and Dine on 37th and 10th, MSG is on 34th and 7th. The bar jumps on game night but you're going to be at the game, you may want to go there on another day and take in a second Knicks game watching on one of the 40 TVs in the place. I've had dinner there and stayed for like 4 hours watching from my table.
Clyde's also has a court you can shoot at

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Anyone ever have a problem using seats labeled as "disabled - aisle transfer seat" ? Do the ushers check at the garden

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Knicks season ticket renewal letters just went out, no increase in prices once again. I think this is the third year in a row

Rangers STHs are getting hammered again though, +13% to +20% in the upper bowl

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks season ticket renewal letters just went out, no increase in prices once again. I think this is the third year in a row

Rangers STHs are getting hammered again though, +13% to +20% in the upper bowl

The huge $$$ investment in Phil Jackson, ISO-Melo, and Fisher has turned-out to be a BAD investment when compared to Knicks WINS for TWO seasons. The renewal-letters that went out should have a decrease in prices after the past two season performance

Starks00

Rookie
The huge $$$ investment in Phil Jackson, ISO-Melo, and Fisher has turned-out to be a BAD investment when compared to Knicks WINS for TWO seasons. The renewal-letters that went out should have a decrease in prices after the past two season performance

Anyone renewing? I was a first year season ticket holder last year. 100 sections center court and I can say that last year I paid a lot of money to attend 7 games. Resale value was poor even in the middle of the season when it looked hopeful (I know it's hard, but think back to 22-22).

Just wondering how the long term vets of the season ticket holding game have fared?

My hope was to at least recoup enough to attend 8-10 games and break even with the cost of the season tickets by re-selling the rest of the games. Keep in mind I only attend the crappy games. Re-sale the GS and Cavs games.

Any help would considering the deadline tomorrow? Do it again?

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Anyone renewing? I was a first year season ticket holder last year. 100 sections center court and I can say that last year I paid a lot of money to attend 7 games. Resale value was poor even in the middle of the season when it looked hopeful (I know it's hard, but think back to 22-22).

Just wondering how the long term vets of the season ticket holding game have fared?

My hope was to at least recoup enough to attend 8-10 games and break even with the cost of the season tickets by re-selling the rest of the games. Keep in mind I only attend the crappy games. Re-sale the GS and Cavs games.

Any help would considering the deadline tomorrow? Do it again?
Hope you renewed, STHs are going to make bank this year!!!

The Warriors game is going to break all sorts of records for get in price (last year was over $300). The Cavs games will obviously be hot again, but the Bulls will be a huge draw too. But seriously, I think it's going to be impossible to see any game for under $100 this year with the exception of preseason

Schedule comes out early August

Any word on if the Knicks are changing anything with their SH partnership?
Going with your own in house reseller seems to be in vogue, i.e. Yankees, Red Sox, Devils.
Haven't heard a thing yet from them and am wondering if we are in for a surprise...

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Any word on if the Knicks are changing anything with their SH partnership?
Going with your own in house reseller seems to be in vogue, i.e. Yankees, Red Sox, Devils.
Haven't heard a thing yet from them and am wondering if we are in for a surprise...
what stubhub partnership?

You can still sell Knick tickets through SH, right?
I haven't heard anything from them yet for this year and given how some of the other local teams seem to be leaning away from SH, I was curious if the Knicks were considering the same.
Let me know if you hear anything.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
You can still sell Knick tickets through SH, right?
I haven't heard anything from them yet for this year and given how some of the other local teams seem to be leaning away from SH, I was curious if the Knicks were considering the same.
Let me know if you hear anything.
Well, the Knicks or any team for that matter has no say on if tickets can be resold there. There's nothing stopping people from posting. The Knicks have a partnership with ticketmaster-ticketexchange(ticketsnow) which means they integrate the sell flow in your team account and barcodes are re-issued to buyers. On stubhub you just email tickets or UPS over hard stock