Are season tickets a good investment?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
how's the secondary market looking for the season subscribers who are looking to unload games they won't attend? i know we are only one home game into the season so far. there is a "weak" stretching coming up (raptors, bobats x2, sixers). are resellers managing to get face value or more for your seats?

I sold a couple of tix for the upcoming Nets game @ $110 a per ticket ($10 more than face value.) I have a few listed on TicketMaster thru the season sub. account. But I haven't checked the site in a few days, and the email linked to the account isn't my email, so I dunno if any more sold at the moment.

are there any season subscribers that care to comment on the Linsanity effect on their tickets?

personally i've seen a surge in prices that puts me on pace to turning a profit after taking huge losses earlier in the season.

thanks jeremy!!

are there any season subscribers that care to comment on the Linsanity effect on their tickets?

personally i've seen a surge in prices that puts me on pace to turning a profit after taking huge losses earlier in the season.

thanks jeremy!!
I'm in 313 Row K - $63 face. Since the arrival of Lin on average I am able to get triple that on StubHub.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm in 313 Row K - $63 face. Since the arrival of Lin on average I am able to get triple that on StubHub.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Section 102 - $100 face, I'm paid up thru like the first round and a half of the playoffs so far, and I still have my Pacers, Pistons, Bulls, Celtics, Heat, and Clippers tix.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
I just put down a deposit to be on the Knicks Season Ticket K List Waiting List. Any chance I will be able to get them for next season? Or what is the best way to maximize my chance?

I requested level 300's but they only said its for Upper Bowl. Should I request for something lower maybe 100-200 level for a better chance?

And when will we be contacted if there are available seats?

Thanks for the info guys! Appreciate it.

I just put down a deposit to be on the Knicks Season Ticket K List Waiting List. Any chance I will be able to get them for next season? Or what is the best way to maximize my chance?

I requested level 300's but they only said its for Upper Bowl. Should I request for something lower maybe 100-200 level for a better chance?

And when will we be contacted if there are available seats?

Thanks for the info guys! Appreciate it.
300s and 400s are upper bowl. It's gonna be a crapshoot for you. Yes if you move down lower maybe your chances will be better but you will have to spend a small fortune for the tickets.:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
No, your chances aren't better by requesting tickets in the lower bowl. Last year I requested to upgrade my seats from section 102, and I was told that all of the lower bowl packages were either renewed or sold already.

I can't imagine someone on the waiting list get priority over current season ticket holders.

Your best chance is probably being on the list in the upper bowl, and then maybe upgrading at some point in the future.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Thanks for the info. I hope I get them for next season. I've been waiting a long time to be finally able to afford them lol. Didn't know there was a waiting list. I would've signed up awhile ago.

Anyone know what the increase in the 300 sections will be for next season?
I saw in the Post the Knicks are raising prices for next year in the upper bowl.:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
4.9% Mostly upper bowl. I'm assuming the max is 4.9% for anywhere else.

Anybody not going to renew because of the raise? lol. even with a 95% renewal rate that means only 200 new subscriptions will be available. They have that VIP List if you pay 450 dollars for the Liberty Season Tickets. Which I think is ****ed up.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/york-knicks-york-rangers-release-210000843.html

Highly doubt I will make it for next season. So sad.

Last edited:
I can attest to the backdoor method of getting onto the VIP list (via the NY Liberty season tix).

The Knicks called me right before Labor Day to offer me a pair of seats in either 300s or 400s. They told me the 300s would be the newly renovated section this year so I opted for those seats. I think the price difference was $63 vs $25.

If you really want to get on the waiting list, and you have the extra cash to spend, go for the NY Liberty option. Donate the tickets to charity and it's a tax writeoff.

They emailed me on Sunday 3/4 to tell me that playoff tix info would be sent to me the week of 3/12 and 2012-13 renewal info would be sent the week of 3/19

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
I tried to get season tickets this year but had to settle for mini plan A in section 225......any chance I get my shot at season tickets next year?

nice section, what row? what's the face on those?

It's going to be really hard to get full seasons because the Knicks can literally get 3 times the price by selling many of these games individually with dynamic prices. So they don't want to release any more for full season and the people that have them now aren't giving them up and actually trying to max out because they are swimming in cash

nice section, what row? what's the face on those?

It's going to be really hard to get full seasons because the Knicks can literally get 3 times the price by selling many of these games individually with dynamic prices. So they don't want to release any more for full season and the people that have them now aren't giving them up and actually trying to max out because they are swimming in cash

Yeah there were a bunch of seats closer on the corners but I like to be in the center sections. Face value is $90 a ticket and we had a choice of the last row (24) or the barstools right behind it. We picked the barstools (thought it might be nicer to have a table to chill on and a little more arm and leg room). They had a few half seasons available also, but only in the lower corner sections like 221 and 208, but since they were the lower section they were $108 a game.

Hopefully next year I can upgrade to at least half-season in the center section. If anybody ever needs tickets to any of the games in mini-plan A feel free to message me because I doubt I will be able to make all of them.

I invested in a 10 game plan on the Chase Bridges section 313 which is dead center mid court. $150 per ticket x 2 - bar stools row 3. I checked SH before I bought and it looks like they will pay off. The view from the bridges are being hyped as the only of it's type in sports. I have ST in 226 that I half flip and half use. These (313) I am strictly flipping for profit as I personally won't spend $150 on a ticket. We'll see what happens... Definitely a roll of the dice.