Your Guess/Hope for Knicks Post-Deadline Lineup

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I guess this can be the lineup thread instead of all the little posts and threads. Heres what I hope occurs.

Knicks trade Azubuike's expiring and a 2nd to SAC-town for Sammy Dalembert

Knicks cut Anthony Carter

C- Dalembert
PF- Amare
SF- Melo
SG- Fields
PG- Billups

Bench:

Brewer
Turiaf
Shelden
Shawne
Balkman
Barron
Billy Walker
Rautins

STAT1

Starter
I can live with that. We still need a backup PG though. I'd trade Bill Walker & Roger Mason for Telfair.

STAT1

Starter
I was feeling that too but I think Minny is done dealing with us. Who else is out there? Can we nab Sessions?

Sessions is someone DW & MDA were both interested in this past summer but not sure if they wanna take on any additional salary that runs past next season. Sessions is signed through the '12/'13 season at $4.5M.

I've been reading that the Knicks had some discussions with the Blazers the past few months, maybe Patrick Mills is an option? We could probably get him for Walker straight up. Donnie's got great relationship with Larry Bird so maybe a deal for TJ Ford might be a possibility, though they're making a nice little run to get themselves into playoff contention so I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Last edited:

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Lmao see I believe Sac. would do it 2. We could definitely use those 13 rebounds!

Remember when we were going apeshit over Timmy's 20+ pt 10+ rebound game? Well Dalembert does it on the reg and my man got straight muscle and tenacity down there. If anyone snuffs out Melo you can be sure Dalembert and Balkman will be throwing elbows the rest of the game.

Work your magic Donnie. This is still your team :thumbsup:

mafra

Legend
Right now... Our 9 man rotation is this:

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Turiaf

Douglas, Shawne Williams, Bill Walker and some Shelden Williams

We may find use for Carter or Balkman, but they may be sent somewhere along with Mason... Doubt they crack rotation anyway. Rautins sits at end of bench. Azuibuke keeps battling for playing time as he recovers.

I think we get either Dalembert (pure dump), Camby (if Miss Lucky strikes), but more likely we find a way to snag Murphy when/if he gets cut. Fallback if all else fails is to bring Earl Barron back.

mafra

Legend
We need a backup PG (Sessions) and a Center... The problem is still D'Antoni. Trade didn't solve anything

Amen. Coach hates layups, dunks and free throws. He prefers the lower pct 28-foot shot. Coach says we need shooting? Hey coach, Billups is a betetr shooter than our previous PG. Gallo has been terrible from downtown, and now his minutes (and 3 attempts) go to Walker-Williams, the latter is amongts NBA leaders.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I guess this can be the lineup thread instead of all the little posts and threads. Heres what I hope occurs.

Knicks trade Azubuike's expiring and a 2nd to SAC-town for Sammy Dalembert

Apparently we CAN trade a player along with a PTE, though I'd read otherwise, but why send Azubuike? Send Balkman, Carter and Rautins.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Remember when we were going apeshit over Timmy's 20+ pt 10+ rebound game? Well Dalembert does it on the reg and my man got straight muscle and tenacity down there. If anyone snuffs out Melo you can be sure Dalembert and Balkman will be throwing elbows the rest of the game.

Work your magic Donnie. This is still your team :thumbsup:

was i the only one who was thinking the same thing? we wont miss mozgov at all. trust me. Nene is gonna sign his extension with denver, and moz will be a backup. A marcin gortat kind of guy at best. Dalembert/Gasol/ would make us a championship team. Barron/Jordan would make us contenders

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;160777 said:
Apparently we CAN trade a player along with a PTE, though I'd read otherwise, but why send Azubuike? Send Balkman, Carter and Rautins.

I just figured Azu would be of value to them because he is a low risk/high reward guy. Balkman is on a 3yr 1 mil deal, and Carter sucks. As for Rautins I dont wanna see him go.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
was i the only one who was thinking the same thing? we wont miss mozgov at all. trust me. Nene is gonna sign his extension with denver, and moz will be a backup. A marcin gortat kind of guy at best. Dalembert/Gasol/ would make us a championship team. Barron/Jordan would make us contenders

Dont get me a wrong I was happy for the kid, but at the same time I saw shades of Luc Longley or even a better reference Mike Doleac. If we can get Dalembert this year and a backup pg for as little as Azu,Carter,Balkman,and Walker then you gotta pull the trigger.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I just figured Azu would be of value to them because he is a low risk/high reward guy. Balkman is on a 3yr 1 mil deal, and Carter sucks. As for Rautins I dont wanna see him go.

IMO, Rautins should have never been drafted. As he was predicted not to be.

We HAVE to get rid of Balkman before next off-season. The Melo deal left us with literally ZERO flexibility. If we can burn Balkman, add Azubuike for roughly the same contract, the high reward goes to us and the worth of the deal measured therein.

PEJ>Rautins - in literally every conceivable way.

Well i would like to see them trade

Chauncy Billups
Kelena Azabukie
Roger Mason

for

Steve Nash
Robin Lopez

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Robin Lopez