Do you believe in being a fan till the end?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
It's an interesting thing for me. I considered myself loyal but other than the Knicks where it just feels 100% right regardless of win lose or draw, I support the other teams just for the area.

I'm an Islanders fan and happy to be so but I also pull for the Rangers so that's a diluted support, I'm happy with it though.

In Football (or what you call Football at least) I'm a Jets fan, at least I say I am but I'm really not feeling this Jets team at all. I like the rivalry with Miami (can't stand them in any sport) but not so much with New England other than Belicheat. The way we handled the Edwards situation meant I didn't really support the team for the rest of the year the way I would have and I find myself detached from the team I loved up to 2005. We're a better team now sure, but I identified with that team.

Baseball is another strange one. I'm a Mets fan but my only real true love (I love the Knicks but it's not even close) is Liverpool Football Club and for this reason I also support the Boston Red Sox as their owners basically saved my club, something I will never forget.

So two teams in Hockey, two teams in Baseball and no real love for my Football team regardless of how good they are.

Do I look for a new team in Football? Maybe.

There's only 2 teams that have my complete undivided support and those two teams are the New York Knicks and the team that come before all others, Liverpool Football Club.

What about you? Do you completely follow every team you support or do you casually follow other teams/sports?

STAT1

Starter
I'm diehard fan of the Yankees, Giants & Knicks. Always have been, always will be, no matter where I end up living that will never change. I don't believe in switching loyalties in sports, but some people have a differing point of view & believe if the franchise isn't making the moves to be competitive then they don't deserve your patronage. I guess I can understand that line of thinking but it's just not for me. I guess if I were a Cubs fan I woulda probably started rooting for a different team by now. :p

Sage

Rotation player
It's not like I'm ever going to follow another team than the Knicks, but because of my loyalty I feel that gives me the right to bitch at any problem within the team.

...but I'll still cheer for them.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
diehard yankees, knicks and cowboys fan. nothing will make me switch fanhood. i chose them and im sticking it out till my very last breath :cool:

KBlack25

Starter
I will always be a fan of my teams, but certain things may cause me to "turn off" my fandom. Like if Isiah were to really come back, I couldn't spend as much energy and time on the Knicks as I do now. Not b/c I wouldn't still love the team, but because I love the team too much to watch it suffer...

In other words, I will always be a fan of my teams even if I elect to spend less time on them b/c of certain issues.

STAT1

Starter
Sorry dude, I'm a Giants fan, if I don't boo the Cowboys who CAN I boo? OK, at least you're not an Eagles fan. ;)

jpz17

Starter
I am really stuck on being a Knicks fan, but if the players were different, coach was different, arena and city were different I probably wouldn't like them after awhile.

I give it time though.. I gave the Knicks I don't know how many years and never gave up hope.

Pricey

Rotation player
Die hard Collingwood FC supported in Aussie Rules.. my 1st love in sport.
Manchester United is pretty much right there with Collingwood, despise Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea.
New York Knicks is my basketball team, my love for them is growing all the time. Started to follow the NBA are lot more the last 6-7 years.
LA Angels is my baseball team and Green Bay are my NFL team, Superbowl Champs baby!!!!

PizzaLover

Banned
In Football (or what you call Football at least) I'm a Jets fan, at least I say I am but I'm really not feeling this Jets team at all. I like the rivalry with Miami (can't stand them in any sport) but not so much with New England other than Belicheat. The way we handled the Edwards situation meant I didn't really support the team for the rest of the year the way I would have and I find myself detached from the team I loved up to 2005. We're a better team now sure, but I identified with that team.
What?

Do yourself a favor and look up every NFL player who was caught driving drunk in 2010 and see what, if any, punishment they received.

Don't accept what's fed to you by the media as gospel.

It's an interesting thing for me. I considered myself loyal but other than the Knicks where it just feels 100% right regardless of win lose or draw, I support the other teams just for the area.

I'm an Islanders fan and happy to be so but I also pull for the Rangers so that's a diluted support, I'm happy with it though.

Wow man up bro.......... Braylon got disciplined more than any other homie in the NFL for the same thing. I would tell you to reach between your legs and feel if u got something but I dont want a ban four my second post, plus it aint nice like vanilla ice.

PattyPat

Banned
I'm diehard fan of the Yankees, Giants & Knicks. Always have been, always will be, no matter where I end up living that will never change. I don't believe in switching loyalties in sports, but some people have a differing point of view & believe if the franchise isn't making the moves to be competitive then they don't deserve your patronage. I guess I can understand that line of thinking but it's just not for me. I guess if I were a Cubs fan I woulda probably started rooting for a different team by now. :p
I like the Knicks, 49ers and Mets.

All since around 1987. I'm a true fan of them all.

JackBower

Banned
How you call yourself fan if you no follow team through good and bad. Bralon Edward drove drunk like we all do and he not kill anyone. He is not criminal, he just like to party.

JackBower

Banned
What?

Do yourself a favor and look up every NFL player who was caught driving drunk in 2010 and see what, if any, punishment they received.

Don't accept what's fed to you by the media as gospel.

This man is very smart and you should all listen to him. WE ALL DO IT AND NOTHING HAPPENS.