The Official Trade Deadline Moves Thread

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Just traded marquis daniels to SAC also.

Troy Murphy has also said he wanted to go to Boston a while back.

Our hope is Przybilia getting bought out or a complete surprise and Camby getting bought out.

First of all.. LOL at Mayo getting stuck in Memphis! LMAO

Second I got a feeling a few of these bigs we saw moved will be bought out.. Donnie will capitalize..

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
stephon i hope your right man. we need a center if we get Dalembert or Prizbilla for example we could make a run at the finals loll, i mean we have Billups a certified leader who when he speaks will get STAT and Melo to listen. i believe if this team gets chemistry we will be dangerous. i expect us to get the 5th seed,

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Mayo staying may have silver lining for us too. They were trying to move him for cap purposes if I'm correct, he makes $5 mil. Now they have to pay both Mayo/Battier. Might not want to go that far over the cap into tax land this summer and we can pry Gasol away.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I still dont get why Boston moved Perkins....

Yes he has had some injury problems and is a Free Agent at the end of the year, but they could of used him to make a legit run at a title this year. I am actually disappointed because there is NO WAY I want Miami to win a championship before we do, and Boston was built to beat them with there big men.

Oh well, hopefully we can capitolize and get a big man or two ourselves and make a serious push in the playoffs this year.

Just saw the video where our guys were practicing for the first time.

They were having fun and Balkman was putting in some effort.

I like our new acquisitions and I hope we keep them. Especially Brewer, he could be a Wilson Chandler type of player in our system. His athleticism is absurd...6-9 with a 40 inch vert.

Only thing we need is a legit center. I say cut Mason and sign Earl Barron for the rest of the season. Barron/Turiaf woud be a o.k. center combo.

A shame that we couldn't get Dalembert - would have been a weapon this guy.

la2ny

Starter
I still dont get why Boston moved Perkins....

Yes he has had some injury problems and is a Free Agent at the end of the year, but they could of used him to make a legit run at a title this year. I am actually disappointed because there is NO WAY I want Miami to win a championship before we do, and Boston was built to beat them with there big men.

Oh well, hopefully we can capitolize and get a big man or two ourselves and make a serious push in the playoffs this year.
Well it was said they did it for the money. They won't be able to afford him so they traded him.

la2ny

Starter

I like our new acquisitions and I hope we keep them. Especially Brewer, he could be a Wilson Chandler type of player in our system. His athleticism is absurd...6-9 with a 40 inch vert.

Only thing we need is a legit center. I say cut Mason and sign Earl Barron for the rest of the season. Barron/Turiaf woud be a o.k. center combo.

Yeah well there is still a chance we can get him Sac is rumored to buy him out. And also TJ Ford and Mike Bibby.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Well it was said they did it for the money. They won't be able to afford him so they traded him.

Makes you wonder since they traded Perkins, pretty much saying they were not going to be able to resign him, that now they will probably resign Glenn Davis instead.

You got a link of the practice?

EDIT: Nvm seen it on Knicks.com

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
Philly's Darius Songalia could be a buyout candidate generating interest elsewhere, including Orlando, Miami and Golden State, sources say.

Just thought it should be noticed.