The Nets Got Deron Williams

KingofNy

Starter
I was definetely shocked to hear this. But how great would it be if D-Will didn't sign an extension and decided to choose another team in free agency. That Russian retard wouldn't be feeling to hot lol.

Prok will definitely be pissed when he comes to the Knicks. He won't even have to move. He'll be a Knick... The stage has been set. This will actually show us how good he really is when he's forced to play with a garbage Nets team. The Nets have nothing left but a Center that can't rebound. LOL

Last edited:

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Sucks he can't sign an extension until the current CBA expires and the new CBA deal is hammered out. Which means he'll be sitting in purgatory playing for a team whose average attendance is 300 people a game.

iSaYughh

Starter
Rooskie powermove. Very ballsy..likely reactionary...but he has his eyes set on big stars and huge things.

From that end....and perhaps it is confidence if not hubris...The Rooskie feels he will be able to persuade DWill to stay, with a reasonable chance of success.

If he does? Huge success.

He also likely has his eyes on bending us over, again, but even deeper: and trying to flip him sometime, if he evaluates DWill not staying as being relatively high.

If DWill bolts...let alone to us (seems to be financially bleak, but let's see)....Epic fail of a trade.

I like it, though, tbh. I'd "trade" quite a bit if it just meant replacing Clownface with the Nets' owner....

iJoe

Rotation player
Brian T. Smith: Sources close to Jazz's Williams had absolutely no idea trade was happening. Received calls this morning and were dumbfounded.

Brian T. Smith: Jazz's Williams is not happy with trade.

Looks like New Jersey is just desperate and gambling. Thats a LOT to give up for such a short term contract. Avery and Deron screaming at each other on the bench should be amusing to watch.

iSaYughh

Starter
Looks like New Jersey is just desperate and gambling. Thats a LOT to give up for such a short term contract. Avery and Deron screaming at each other on the bench should be amusing to watch.

Prok wants chips and the spotlight. With a move to BK amping up, his worst case scenario is DWill leaves...but the franchise is in Brooklyn, has enormous spotlight, tons of cap, and he can build up outside the cesspool of NJ and the horrible rep the Nets have had.

Harris isn't in Prok's future plan of a contender, Favors has bustola written all over him...

The potential win from the deal is enormous.

The middle ground is he can make some deals based off it between now and Williams bolting.

He's keeping the pieces in motion to be able to keep making plays.

The Rooskie can't help but be livid and steamed either....Melo would have been absolutely perfect for them, especially with Brooklyn looming.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Red

TYPE-A
I wrote this in the wrong thread.

I guess this is the NBA's reaction to the big 3 in MIA.

Stack the East and make the road hard as hell.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
OMG! We got outmaneuvered by everyone in the Melo trade.
:boohoo:

Sigh...

Melo+Billiups > D Will (and it's not even close)

Add to it that we got some decent role players as well and that the Nets have no guarantee they can keep D Will and it is the Nets who look desperate. Simmer down.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Sigh...

Melo+Billiups > D Will (and it's not even close)

Add to it that we got some decent role players as well and that the Nets have no guarantee they can keep D Will and it is the Nets who look desperate. Simmer down.

Of course STAT + Melo is better than DWill alone. But the Nets and the Nuggets made us pay heavily and then each one of these teams got what they wanted. New Jersey its frontcover star and Denver its rebuilding material.

LeFlume

All Star
I think they have to offer him a max contract and a night with Beyonce and Kim Kardashian for him to sign an extension. D-Will is not going to be a long time Net. Word is he is NOT HAPPY...

la2ny

Starter
I think they have to offer him a max contract and a night with Beyonce and Kim Kardashian for him to sign an extension. D-Will is not going to be a long time Net. Word is he is NOT HAPPY...
Shit i'd sign for that lol

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Of course STAT + Melo is better than DWill alone. But the Nets and the Nuggets made us pay heavily and then each one of these teams got what they wanted. New Jersey its frontcover star and Denver its rebuilding material.

Nets wanted Melo so they did not get what they wanted. we wanted Melo and we got Melo so we got what we wanted. Plus a contract guarantee.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I didn't expect Deron Williams to go to the Nets, but I did hear rumors that Deron Williams may have been the reason Jerry Sloan quit.

I don't blame the Nets for acquiring Williams. The Nets failed to reach expectations this year, so they needed to shuffle their lineup.

skisloper

Starter
This move is sweet for the nets as they are so bad they have nothing to lose...

I guess they figure at the end of 2011/2012 season if Williams will not sign with them then the Nets could trade him off as Denver did with Melo....

Whats a bit nuts is they gave up Favors who has the real shot of being a superstar.

This owner is for sure a risk taker....Problem is Deron as good as he is will NOT create any more wins with the current roster they have.

so being on a losing team, Avery yelling at you and playing in Newark will suck.