Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official "Even this early on how the hell did I doubt that trade?" thread

Default The official "Even this early on how the hell did I doubt that trade?" thread

Oh yeah, I reckon we will catch at least one fish tonight who is ready to jump back to the pro Melo deal side.

lmao. Real talk. i know there will be some growing pains, but were better for it.

i had some huge doubts about it, but whats done is done, can only support them now!

Seriously, I have no idea what was wrong with MOST of you people Monday night. But honestly, I think a lot of Knicks fans are just inherently negative, most hated when we got Amare, then hated when we got Felton, then hated when we started Chandler, benched Randolph, kept Gallo, even though it all technically kind of "worked", and then you hated when we flipped it to get Carmelo and become a legitimate contender in the league.

I don't get my fellow Knicks fans.

Originally Posted by TheKingofNYC
    i had some huge doubts about it, but whats done is done, can only support them now!
    thats exactly how I'm taking it now. I'm just going to support the team.

before you guys get all happy, this was a given. whenever a superstar gets a fresh start somewhere, theyre on fire for the first few weeks...lets see how this move is down the road (which im sure will still be a good one, but i dont think melo will be as electrifying)

Originally Posted by Hayato
    before you guys get all happy, this was a given. whenever a superstar gets a fresh start somewhere, theyre on fire for the first few weeks...lets see how this move is down the road (which im sure will still be a good one, but i dont think melo will be as electrifying)
    This is true after the initial Emotions getting them thru it, it will come down to them geling as a team, but why hate on them before they've even had a chance to fail. Complaining and bitching ain't changing the line up we've got.

we really need to get a big .....

I can honestly say I never doubted the trade and expressed my amazement at the large number of Knicks fans who did. Bill Simmons said it best in his tweet on Monday night: "In a 30-team league, the Knicks now have 2 of the 10 guys who started yesterday's All-Star Game. That deal was a no-brainer."

Originally Posted by Hayato
    But when is Melo not electrifying? He's a scoring machine. Yeah, he'll have his bad days like everyone else on the planet, but most times he's going to be great because that's what he is, great.

Originally Posted by TheKingofNYC
    This is true after the initial Emotions getting them thru it, it will come down to them geling as a team, but why hate on them before they've even had a chance to fail. Complaining and bitching ain't changing the line up we've got.
    whos complaining? i wanted melo

Melo aside, Chauncey Billups is a huuuuuuge upgrade over Felton.
    I know Ray RAy gave his all, but he's not 70% as talented as Billups. Billups had 4-5 better passes in 1 game than Felton had all season. He's a PLAYMAKER, with a solid long range shot, tons of experience and solid defense.

I doubted Billups and I admit it. But yesterdays game showed me I knew nothing about him. Great Point Guard.

Now please Mr. Head Coach play Shelden Williams at center instead of Shawne! And give Corey Brewer some minutes as long as he's motivated. THat guy can jump out of the building. 40 inch vert I heard.

Veteran

I do not think anyone questioned getting melo

But when Dolan and isiah are involved I think people will always tend to think we are giving up more then we have to .......history has proven

The lack of a big man wil chew us up in the playlets....having a guy like mozgov learning from bill ups, mello and amare would have been awesome

With that said of course It was never a deal breaker

The way bilups took control of the team last night grouping everyone together was fantastic......we need a bigma and not Barron

Please Walsh make the camby thing happen

The only qualm, and it remains a qualm, I have with the whole thing, is the fact that the CBA is looking at not only lowering the cap, but eliminating the MLE, screwing with cap holds and bird rights.

If you don't know what these things are, either look them up or talk to LJ4ptplay who is the Guru Swami on this ****, and then you'll see why some of us were pissed about the trade.

Otherwise, I'm loving having Billups and Melo, still think we sent too much, worried about the changing future, but revelling in the present.

There will be A LOT of threads about our cap woes in 6 months time, quote me on that.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Feb 24, 2011 at 08:34. Reason: SPELLINK