The official "Even this early on how the hell did I doubt that trade?" thread

WrongIslander

Rotation player
The official "Even this early on how the hell did I doubt that trade?" thread

Oh yeah, I reckon we will catch at least one fish tonight who is ready to jump back to the pro Melo deal side.

vpell

Benchwarmer
Seriously, I have no idea what was wrong with MOST of you people Monday night. But honestly, I think a lot of Knicks fans are just inherently negative, most hated when we got Amare, then hated when we got Felton, then hated when we started Chandler, benched Randolph, kept Gallo, even though it all technically kind of "worked", and then you hated when we flipped it to get Carmelo and become a legitimate contender in the league.

I don't get my fellow Knicks fans.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
before you guys get all happy, this was a given. whenever a superstar gets a fresh start somewhere, theyre on fire for the first few weeks...lets see how this move is down the road (which im sure will still be a good one, but i dont think melo will be as electrifying)

before you guys get all happy, this was a given. whenever a superstar gets a fresh start somewhere, theyre on fire for the first few weeks...lets see how this move is down the road (which im sure will still be a good one, but i dont think melo will be as electrifying)

This is true after the initial Emotions getting them thru it, it will come down to them geling as a team, but why hate on them before they've even had a chance to fail. Complaining and bitching ain't changing the line up we've got.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I can honestly say I never doubted the trade and expressed my amazement at the large number of Knicks fans who did. Bill Simmons said it best in his tweet on Monday night: "In a 30-team league, the Knicks now have 2 of the 10 guys who started yesterday's All-Star Game. That deal was a no-brainer."

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

But when is Melo not electrifying? He's a scoring machine. Yeah, he'll have his bad days like everyone else on the planet, but most times he's going to be great because that's what he is, great.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
This is true after the initial Emotions getting them thru it, it will come down to them geling as a team, but why hate on them before they've even had a chance to fail. Complaining and bitching ain't changing the line up we've got.

whos complaining? i wanted melo

Melo aside, Chauncey Billups is a huuuuuuge upgrade over Felton.
I know Ray RAy gave his all, but he's not 70% as talented as Billups. Billups had 4-5 better passes in 1 game than Felton had all season. He's a PLAYMAKER, with a solid long range shot, tons of experience and solid defense.

I doubted Billups and I admit it. But yesterdays game showed me I knew nothing about him. Great Point Guard.

Now please Mr. Head Coach play Shelden Williams at center instead of Shawne! And give Corey Brewer some minutes as long as he's motivated. THat guy can jump out of the building. 40 inch vert I heard.

skisloper

Starter
I do not think anyone questioned getting melo

But when Dolan and isiah are involved I think people will always tend to think we are giving up more then we have to .......history has proven

The lack of a big man wil chew us up in the playlets....having a guy like mozgov learning from bill ups, mello and amare would have been awesome

With that said of course It was never a deal breaker

The way bilups took control of the team last night grouping everyone together was fantastic......we need a bigma and not Barron

Please Walsh make the camby thing happen

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The only qualm, and it remains a qualm, I have with the whole thing, is the fact that the CBA is looking at not only lowering the cap, but eliminating the MLE, screwing with cap holds and bird rights.

If you don't know what these things are, either look them up or talk to LJ4ptplay who is the Guru Swami on this shit, and then you'll see why some of us were pissed about the trade.

Otherwise, I'm loving having Billups and Melo, still think we sent too much, worried about the changing future, but revelling in the present.

There will be A LOT of threads about our cap woes in 6 months time, quote me on that.

Last edited:

miked1958

Rotation player
I think the newness and nerves got the best of MELO early with all the fouls and misses (only 10-25 overall), but then he showed his true starpower down the stretch getting a ton of key baskets and a HUGE Rebound near the end. He will get better and be more relaxed as time goes on. As for Billups, in a word... AWESOME. 21 points to go with 6rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and was a huge 12of12 from the foul line. The Knicks as a team were 26-28 from the LINE. GREAT. Also how about 9/11 shooting for Douglas and 23points off the bench!!!!!

Starks

Starter
All it took was Donnie saying that Zeke was no part of this to calm me down. That's literally all I needed

WrongIslander

Rotation player

Melo wasn't on fire though, far from it, he just did what he does. What he showed going forward is he is prepared to be more of a team player for us and that he has the potential to mature into an even better player, just like Amar'e did when no one expected it (myself included).

I'm over the moon right about now. A home town hero and a leader potentially leading us back to the promised land.

If you can't enjoy this, you can't enjoy anything. All day I've had my message tone as "I'm coming home" the intro and had people where I work in Liverpool, England asking what that was. My reply was, hope and a brighter future. They all looked at me puzzled but that was to be expected, I just looked back with a beaming smile.

Seriously, no one can make me smile outside of Liverpool Football Club like the New York Knicks can.

Last edited:

iJoe

Rotation player
I don't think many people doubted that we needed to make this trade or even got a great damn deal out of it.

Its that we could have gotten an even better deal had we played our hands right. At least keeping Mosgov would have been nice.

Either way, its done and I'm happy, but I'll never be fully comfortable with the Knicks while Dolan is the owner being homo with Isiah in his ear.