The official "Even this early on how the hell did I doubt that trade?" thread

I'm forever going to miss Danilo and the goofy faces he'd make running up and down the court.

The worst part of that trade was that all of those players loved being in NY and loved playing for the Knicks. Felton, Chandler, Gallinari.....they were all gutted to have left NY.

We lost little & gained plenty.

Chandler was gone as a FA if & when we signed Melo during the summer.

We replaced an up & down / hot & cold Gallo for a top 3-5 all-world talent in Melo @ the SF position. Gallo doesn't crack the NBA's top 60 right now.

If we were to keep Gallo? He would have been a 6th man (at best) to begin with. TD23 is the much better talent when compared to Gallo & he's much more productive as a 6th man. TD23 has the scoring advantage, driving ability, & the much better overall defensive game when compared to Gallo. Gallo had plenty of potential; but I couldn't stand Gallo sitting, standing & doing nothing by the 3 point line 60% of the time. When Gallo was off? He was off for two-three nights @ a time. Gallo's already been replaced by TD23 as our 6th man.

We replaced Felton who was having a career year due to Amare & MDA with a playoff experienced, NBA Champion & former Finals MVP @ the PG position in Billups.

Mozgov was a project-rookie from Russia only averaging 3 pts & 4 boards

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Last night against the Pacers is the reason you trade for a superstar if you can. Without Melo we lose that game. It feels pretty damn good having a player of his caliber to bail us out when the game's on the line.