Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The official "Even this early on how the hell did I doubt that trade?" thread

Superstar

I think the newness and nerves got the best of MELO early with all the fouls and misses (only 10-25 overall), but then he showed his true starpower down the stretch getting a ton of key baskets and a HUGE Rebound near the end. He will get better and be more relaxed as time goes on. As for Billups, in a word... AWESOME. 21 points to go with 6rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and was a huge 12of12 from the foul line. The Knicks as a team were 26-28 from the LINE. GREAT. Also how about 9/11 shooting for Douglas and 23points off the bench!!!!!

All it took was Donnie saying that Zeke was no part of this to calm me down. That's literally all I needed

Originally Posted by Hayato
    before you guys get all happy, this was a given. whenever a superstar gets a fresh start somewhere, theyre on fire for the first few weeks...lets see how this move is down the road (which im sure will still be a good one, but i dont think melo will be as electrifying)
    Melo wasn't on fire though, far from it, he just did what he does. What he showed going forward is he is prepared to be more of a team player for us and that he has the potential to mature into an even better player, just like Amar'e did when no one expected it (myself included).

I'm over the moon right about now. A home town hero and a leader potentially leading us back to the promised land.

If you can't enjoy this, you can't enjoy anything. All day I've had my message tone as "I'm coming home" the intro and had people where I work in Liverpool, England asking what that was. My reply was, hope and a brighter future. They all looked at me puzzled but that was to be expected, I just looked back with a beaming smile.

Seriously, no one can make me smile outside of Liverpool Football Club like the New York Knicks can.
    Last edited by WrongIslander; Feb 24, 2011 at 19:29.

Superstar

I don't think many people doubted that we needed to make this trade or even got a great damn deal out of it.

Its that we could have gotten an even better deal had we played our hands right. At least keeping Mosgov would have been nice.

Either way, its done and I'm happy, but I'll never be fully comfortable with the Knicks while Dolan is the owner being homo with Isiah in his ear.

Here fishies.

I'm forever going to miss Danilo and the goofy faces he'd make running up and down the court.

The worst part of that trade was that all of those players loved being in NY and loved playing for the Knicks. Felton, Chandler, Gallinari.....they were all gutted to have left NY.

Who did we trade again?

Originally Posted by la2ny
    lmao. Real talk. i know there will be some growing pains, but were better for it.
    Damn you sure nailed that prediction.

Originally Posted by Starks
    All it took was Donnie saying that Zeke was no part of this to calm me down. That's literally all I needed
    Same here! LoL

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

We lost little & gained plenty.

Chandler was gone as a FA if & when we signed Melo during the summer.

We replaced an up & down / hot & cold Gallo for a top 3-5 all-world talent in Melo @ the SF position. Gallo doesn't crack the NBA's top 60 right now.

If we were to keep Gallo? He would have been a 6th man (at best) to begin with. TD23 is the much better talent when compared to Gallo & he's much more productive as a 6th man. TD23 has the scoring advantage, driving ability, & the much better overall defensive game when compared to Gallo. Gallo had plenty of potential; but I couldn't stand Gallo sitting, standing & doing nothing by the 3 point line 60% of the time. When Gallo was off? He was off for two-three nights @ a time. Gallo's already been replaced by TD23 as our 6th man.

We replaced Felton who was having a career year due to Amare & MDA with a playoff experienced, NBA Champion & former Finals MVP @ the PG position in Billups.

Mozgov was a project-rookie from Russia only averaging 3 pts & 4 boards

Last night against the Pacers is the reason you trade for a superstar if you can. Without Melo we lose that game. It feels pretty damn good having a player of his caliber to bail us out when the game's on the line.