Knicks sign Ariza

rady

Administrator
Staff member
NEW YORK, August 3, 2004 - New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced today that rookie forward Trevor Ariza has been signed to a contract. As per club policy, terms of the deal are not announced.

Ariza, 6-7, 194 pounds, was selected by the Knicks in the second round (43rd overall) in the 2004 NBA Draft as an early entry selection after playing one season at UCLA. The Miami, FL-native earned All-PAC 10 Freshman Team honors after averaging 11.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 25 games.

Participating in New York’s entry in July’s Summer Pro League in Long Beach, CA, Ariza averaged 14.0 points, 6.8 rebounds and 34.0 minutes in four starts.

:aplause: :beat: :thumbsup:

e_D

Benchwarmer
this is the second best news of the day, aside from the Crawford trade. In a few years, Ariza and Sweetney will be one of the most powerful young frontcourts in the East. now all we need is a young, strong center.. Until then, hopefully Dampier will do it for us.

JJtheKnick

Starter
this guy is such a surprize for the knicks. everybody thought the draft was soo bad but look we get a young player who is probably ganna develop into something big but for now he just strengthens our bench.

kevin

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
this guy is such a surprize for the knicks. everybody thought the draft was soo bad but look we get a young player who is probably ganna develop into something big but for now he just strengthens our bench.

Yea but for this year probably an IR candidate.

damn Isiah is my man pickin up a nice rookei even thoo he had 2 wait til 2nd round n now gtein crawford n cn also get damp dammnnn i cnt wait til seson starts!!!

dacash

Benchwarmer
demar isnt singed and probably wont be unless the can use him in another trade to get another player.trevor is sf of future

JJtheKnick

Starter
i feel bad for him. he did good last season and now he is probably not going to be resigned. maybe the knicks can make room for him. he can be a good player off the bench.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Maybe with the finalyzation of the Crawford trade and all the player movements the Knicks roster will make space for Demarr to come back next season too, who knows.....Does anyone know anything about Deon Clark? Did he get signed yet? Could the Knicks get him?

I read that New Orleans is very interested in Demarr Johnson because of Mashburns injuries. They supposedly are trying to aquire him from the knicks. I am not sure what they will offer, but its nice to know he has some value if the Knicks cannot fit him in.

David

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
as far as demarr goes i like him n all, but all the knicks have is 4.9mill mid level excpetion. Which is there backup plan for dampier if a sign and trade fails, and vin baker is also after that 4.9 mill for a multi yr contract. So right now i think that demarr isnt a priority, we should be saving that money for dampier then vin

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
If we have to give up forwards in a sign and trade with GS...then signing Baker and Clark would help add to the roster

JJtheKnick

Starter
they would help the team off the bench and that was a place the knicks really needed help last season. but with these guys we have dept.