Jarred Jefferies will take less Money to play for KNicks

iSaYughh

Starter
The surreality and flash backs to the apocalypse that was his signing might just be too much for me.

Then again, we are desperate...and apparently is cool with a discount price.

Playing for free would be apprapo.

iSaYughh

Starter
Though...the thinking may be a Three Headed Beast at Center:

Sheldon as the total bruiser to go in and give fouls, mess with guys' heads, and strategically foul certain bigs deep in games (Howard, eg)

Jeffries as a slight, but still defensively skilled and unique rotation big, and

Our actual main "starting" C. If, we are able to ink Glen Davis, eg (let alone Jordan), that Three Headed Center (Sheldon, Jeffries, Davis), along with Amare's ability to ably fill some minutes there, could be potent. And strategically versatile.

Billups-1st Rounder (Jimmers?)
Fields-Douglas
Melo-Williams
Amare-TURIAF
Davis-Jeffries-Sheldon

Contender by next year?

la2ny

Starter

Sheldon as the total bruiser to go in and give fouls, mess with guys' heads, and strategically foul certain bigs deep in games (Howard, eg)

Jeffries as a slight, but still defensively skilled and unique rotation big, and

Our actual main "starting" C. If, we are able to ink Glen Davis, eg (let alone Jordan), that Three Headed Center (Sheldon, Jeffries, Davis), along with Amare's ability to ably fill some minutes there, could be potent. And strategically versatile.

Fields-Douglas
Melo-Williams
Amare-TURIAF
Davis-Jeffries-Sheldon

Contender by next year?
We'd be a contender this year if we got the right buyouts. Theres a chance for Rip Hamilton,Joel Pryzbilla/Dalembert/Murphy, Tj Ford/Mike Bibby all could be bought out. If we got a combination of 2 or 3 I believe we could contend this year.

tiger0330

Legend
Who's getting cut to free up that roster spot?

Earl's a rebounder but a below average shot blocker and doesn't move well laterally enough to be a good defender. He made a few shots in his short time here last year so he won't be a handicap there.

I doubt Barron gets a whiff if JJ gets signed.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
I hope whoever gets cut it's not Balkman cuz we need to try & trade that deal next year if we can to get it off the payroll. If we waive him then it stays on the books through the 2012 season & takes away a little flexibility. We could use every dollar we can get. They should dump Mason Jr., he hasn't played anyway & he's a pro, I think he deserves to catch on with a team where he can get some minutes. His deal's expiring anyway.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I think we should cut Carter, Mason, and Azubuike.

Sign:
Jeffries
Murphy
TJ Ford

C-Murphy
PF-STAT
SF-Melo
SG-Fields
PG-Billups

Bench:

Douglas
Turiaf
Brewer
Jeffries
Shawne
TJ Ford
Walker

Inactives:
Rautins
Balkman
Shelden

MusketeerX

Rotation player

Fields-Douglas
Melo-Williams
Amare-TURIAF
Davis-Jeffries-Sheldon

Contender by next year?

You are giving our coach too much credit. We need a true center right now.... You are not going to win a ring without a decent pure center.

CoolClyde

Girafferies Again!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
girafferies_pole.gif
girafferies.jpg
girafferies_pole.gif

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Man I dont like Jeffries at all, we need a true big.

I remember going to thr McDonalds All American game years ago in Boston. Besides Darius Miles, Jeffries was probably the most talented player. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!

tiger0330

Legend
Jared Jeffries:Coming Home Commercial

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MSkGnhLO8lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mafra

Legend
This puts us over the top! We're heading to the Eastern Conf. Finals now baby!!! LOL. Well, maybe not.

We probably have no other choice, right?

1) At least he knows the system and wont take long to get confortable.

2) He was able to give Rondo fits... Maybe he disrupts Rose a bit in the 1st round?

3) We really don't have much to offer at the C position anyway.

What other cut candidates did we really have? Murphy sounds like he's heading to BOS.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
This puts us over the top! We're heading to the Eastern Conf. Finals now baby!!! LOL. Well, maybe not.

We probably have no other choice, right?

1) At least he knows the system and wont take long to get confortable.

2) He was able to give Rondo fits... Maybe he disrupts Rose a bit in the 1st round?

3) We really don't have much to offer at the C position anyway.

What other cut candidates did we really have? Murphy sounds like he's heading to BOS.

Exactly. Boston trading Perkins really hurt us in our chances of getting a solid big to play C as you have to think if your a vet and just got bought out, what team gives you the best chance at a title this year, NY or BOS?

Another way the Perkins trade could potentially hurt the Knicks in getting a big is with Perkins gone you would have to think the chances of Boston resigning Glenn Davis are pretty good now that Perkins is gone.

In the end though you still gotta think that the Knicks will bring in someone else besides Jeffries. Who knows if Camby gets bought out he could very well be on his way to Boston, giving us a better shot at a Troy Murphy.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Jared Jefferies for cheap would be a great addition for a playoff run. While thin he can defend all 5 positions and has great length. He serves a purpose, fills a need, knows our system and can be had for cheap. Do it!