All BUYOUT/WAIVED Thread

knicksin60

Starter
If I were Donnie Walsh, I would do my best to get in contact with either Travis Knight or Michael Doleac.If Walsh cannot influence any of those two to join the Knicks then him, Dolan, D'antoni, and H20 need to make a quick trip to Tampa and convince Jerome James that he is the missing piece of a Knick championship run.Hopefully Big Snacks is a Sopranos fan.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=640 bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD style="MARGIN-LEFT: auto; MARGIN-RIGHT: auto" vAlign=top><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=headline vAlign=top colSpan=3>Fantasy Basketball Breaking News

Earl Barron: Earl Barron on short list for Trailblazers

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD bgColor=#230069 colSpan=3>Earl Barron - F/C - PHO - Feb. 27 - 4:41 pm et </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>According to sources the Portland Trailblazers are looking to add a big man with Earl Barron's name being dropped as a possible option.
The Blazers are thin at center after shipping Joel Przybilla and Dante Cunningham in the Gerald Wallace trade. Barron would give the Blazers some depth but that's about it. Feb. 27 - 4:41 pm et

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

moneyg

Starter
Makes no sense he is a great defender is offense is questionable. But still

thanks coach... he wont play him anyway.. why not realse mason.. why give boston, miami, lakers a chance to sign a shut down defender.. if boston got him in a trade.. they wouldn of got jeff green and kept perkins..

only if they knew...

thanks coach....im sure he would play on larry brown sqaud

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Supposedly Earl Barron is close to signing a 10 day contract with the Bucks. The Knicks weren't going to sign him which I don't know why they wouldn't do the same as the Bucks just to see if he can play at a decent level.

Really.. Roger Mason should've been the one to get brought out.. I bet it was Brewer because of his lack of shooting ability.. You know how much merit shooting holds with Dantoni

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I don't get the Brewer buyout.

Makes no sense....wasnt it reported that Denver and NYK were arguing over who would acquire his rights in the 3 team trade? Well then why the hell would we of wanted him if they were just gunna buy him out anyways???

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
...I dunno why the hell we're buying out Brewer. He's a solid 6th man, if nothing else...

Plus, who are we going to get? The ONLY (and read ONLY) reason I could see us buying out Brewer would be if it gave us the cap space to absorb a contract like Troy Murphy's, but even then...

KingofNy

Starter
...I dunno why the hell we're buying out Brewer. He's a solid 6th man, if nothing else...

Plus, who are we going to get? The ONLY (and read ONLY) reason I could see us buying out Brewer would be if it gave us the cap space to absorb a contract like Troy Murphy's, but even then...

I almost blew a gasket on the way home from work when I heard this on the radio. Corey Brewer is GOOD. What the hell? Why would we buy him out? What f*cking sense does that make? Seriously? Brewer is underrated scorer and an even better defender. He averaged almost 2 steals a game this season in limited minutes. Steals = scoring runs. It was a steal that basically sent the momentum in our favor against the Heat last night.

I understand WHY Brewer wants a buyout... He knows he just took AR's spot on the bench and he WANTS TO PLAY this season. He's probably furious that guys like Anthony Carter are getting minutes and he can't even crack Dumbtoni's system. Please somebody, give me a good reason why we should buy him out? Seriously? And don't give the BS reason that we need a roster spot for JJ because we easily could drop Rautins or Mason Jr.

I almost blew a gasket on the way home from work when I heard this on the radio. Corey Brewer is GOOD. What the hell? Why would we buy him out? What f*cking sense does that make? Seriously? Brewer is underrated scorer and an even better defender. He averaged almost 2 steals a game this season in limited minutes. Steals = scoring runs. It was a steal that basically sent the momentum in our favor against the Heat last night.

I understand WHY Brewer wants a buyout... He knows he just took AR's spot on the bench and he WANTS TO PLAY this season. He's probably furious that guys like Anthony Carter are getting minutes and he can't even crack Dumbtoni's system. Please somebody, give me a good reason why we should buy him out? Seriously? And don't give the BS reason that we need a roster spot for JJ because we easily could drop Rautins or Mason Jr.

Anthony Carter did work last night..

KingofNy

Starter
Anthony Carter did work last night..

Anthony Carter is half of the player Corey Brewer is. Not even close. I will laugh if he goes to one of our playoff opponents and he single handedly takes us out with his defense. He is a great defender. So Carter comes out and plays o.k. ONE GAME and now we drop Brewer for him? I HATE DUMBTONI, this move reeks of him. Hopefully if Walsh isn't extended MOA will follow.

knicksin60

Starter
Mike D'antoni is like god, he predestines people before they have the opportunity to show themselves.You could have the talent of a Wilt Chamberlain, but if you aren't a D'antoni kind of player you will see as much playing time as David Wingate and as much time in the coaches' dog house as Anthony Roberson.What a shame that the Knicks are stuck with a coach who will never utilize the full talent that is on his roster.Let me stop writing negatively about D'antoni before the D'antoni police put out a warrant.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
FisolaNYDN Still hearing there's a chance Balkman may be released which means Knicks could be bringing in Jeffries plus someone else

Okay fellas maybe there is a plan. I really really liked the Brewer pickup but the more I think of it the more we have guys who can be better than him or are of the same mold. Yeah hes better defensively than most guys but he cant shoot a lick. Shawne Williams has the nice 3 stroke and can play D. Billy Walker got some boards and played a great game. Jeffries is taller and used to the system. With Azubuike coming back I guess there was no need for Corey and also there may be a bigger picture in this.

Maybe Walsh finally has something up his sleeve. If Balkman and Corey are gone and Jeffries and lets say Murphy or Powe are added is that really going to be what we talk about by the end of the week? Doubt it. Maybe if we get Murphy we can talk about being a contender cause theres a legit big man