All BUYOUT/WAIVED Thread

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Guess this is another reason why we let Brewer walk. Where did this come from? Career 30 pct from 3. Avg 3.7 points & 2 rpg this season. Drafted in the 2nd round in '09. Doubt D'ant will ever play him anyway...

Like we need another SF.

He will be our Backup PF. As a PF dont pay attention to his 3pt shooting. Hes a step above and younger than Balkman and Shelden and currently healthier than Azubuike. Dont know much about him but seems like a good signing. Now cut Balkman or Shelden and get us a PG or Center and im content. Ford or Murphy please.

mafra

Legend
Nevermind on Murphy... Joins the Heat

Just filed to ESPN.com: Troy Murphy chooses Boston over Miami. Link on the way

ROTOWORLD says BOS is going after Brewer, thnking he's going to really help them win a title..

I can see it now... Bos-NY meet in the playoffs and Brewer locks down Melo. Celtics even sign Curry, who scored 35 points against us in game-7.

TheNYdude

Rookie
Anyone see Anthony Randolph put up 19 / 10 line today? Lets see if he can start living up to the potential everyone says he has...

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Anyone see Anthony Randolph put up 19 / 10 line today? Lets see if he can start living up to the potential everyone says he has...

This is just like all other sports. A player getting an OPPORTUNITY!! I honestly don't believe any Knicks fan here doubted his ability.

STAT1

Starter

When AR has gotten extended run in the past he's put up some big numbers. I'm not surprised one bit that he put up 19 & 10 in his first meaningful action in another uniform. +13 while shooting 8 of 13 from the floor, looks like he played a really efficient game & played a big part in getting the W. It really is kinda shameful things didn't work out for him in NY. For both himself & this franchise.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Well Butler is now officially a member of the Bulls..

Bulls signed free agent G/F Rasual Butler.

Butler was bought out by the Clippers and attracted little interest on the open market. The sharpshooter is expected to play a bit role for the Bulls, but won't beat out Kyle Korver.

Source: Alex Kennedy on Twitter

KingofNy

Starter
I'll reserve judgement until I see what really goes down... But it seems odd that we would stand idle, allowing BOS-CHI-MIA to improve by picking up legit role players who could help those teams bet us come MAY.

WE SHOULD BLOCK those moves at all costs. Why would Walsh let Troy Murphy, Mike Bibby, Rasual Butler clear waivers? OK, maybe Bibby is a tough call. Who wants to pay his 6 mil contract for next season. I guess if you calim a player on waivers, then you pick up their current contract?

Anyway... What about Murphy? He's owed ZERO after this season. We need a rebounder and a big body.

I get it. IF Walsh-D'ant feel Gadzurik & Jeffries are better fits... fine. I'll live with it. But we better get some size, and we better hope Bibby-Murphy-BUtler don't come back to bite us.

STILL...

Billups
Fields
Carmelo
Stoudemire
Jeffries

That's probably our starting 5. Gadzurik/Turiaf bring size-hustle-interior presence. Douglas-Carter bring energy-defense off the bench, and hopefully some scoring. Williams-Walker round out the rotation. Williams would start against teams like MIA, and Walker does what he does.

Obviously, Knicks wont play 11 guys. It's just that 8 players have a role, and will compliment the big-3. If we need size, Jeffries (then Turiaf, and then possibly another big like Gadz gets a few minutes). The other 4, Douglas-Carter-Williams-Walker will be part of the rotation.

I guess this is why Brewer & Azu were cut. Keleena not healthy enough to warrant PT over Williams-Walker... Brewer just doesn't have enough time to get used to the system. At least Carter is accustmed to playing with Billups-Melo. And another PG/SG more important than a wing defender, b/c Williams-Walker have done OK enough.

Bibby gave up that 6 Mil all together to take the Vets minimum to go play for the Heat. When team's buyout a players contract that players new team can pay the player whatever they want, normally the vets minimum. That's why getting stars is important, other players will come and play for you for milk and cookies. The problem is no role players want to come and play in a system like Antoni's 7-man rotation because they fear they'll end up like AR, Curry or Brewer, Starbury, Nate, ect.