Knicks @ Heat 2/27 8:00 pm

Who is the best player in this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MusketeerX

Rotation player
We HAD to give him up. Who knows what would of happened if we didn't. Denver could of easily took a chance and hoped that Melo would not give up the extra 20M to sign with them or that the new CBA would include a franchise tag. We did the right thing even if it hurts us right now. We can find another serviceable big. That's all the Gov was/is.

We didn't have to give him up. We could have stayed put with our players and went after just CP3 if Melo didn't sign as a free agent. New Yorkers don't know the meaning of the word "patience" though.

Galli put up 27 and 9 last night with Portland. I have a feeling we are going to regret getting rid of him. He is only going to get better as he grows more comfortable playing in the NBA.

It was a difficult decision, though, and I would never say it was the wrong choice. In the end, you have to get him, but there needed to be a limit.

---

For the game. I say we lose by 10pts tomorrow or more -- no center and still need more time to jell. :cool:

Last edited:

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
We didn't have to give him up. We could have stayed put with our players and went after just CP3 if Melo didn't sign as a free agent. New Yorkers don't know the meaning of the word "patience" though.

Galli put up 27 and 9 last night with Portland. I have a feeling we are going to regret getting rid of him. He is only going to get better as he grows more comfortable playing in the NBA.

It was a difficult decision, though, and I would never say it was the wrong choice. In the end, you have to get him, but there needed to be a limit.

---

For the game. I say we lose by 10pts tomorrow or more -- no center and still need more time to jell. :cool:

thats the thing about gallo,one night he drops 25 and we all say look he is becoming a star but then for 4 straight games he is averaging 13 ppg,really inconsistent

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We HAD to give him up. Who knows what would of happened if we didn't. Denver could of easily took a chance and hoped that Melo would not give up the extra 20M to sign with them or that the new CBA would include a franchise tag. We did the right thing even if it hurts us right now. We can find another serviceable big. That's all the Gov was/is.

Did we HAVE to give up our only true center? This was already an incredible haul for Denver general manager Masai Ujiri, considering the superstar he was forced to trade in his first few months on the job only had one destination in mind, before he demanded Mozgov of Dolan.

Say what you will about us inevitably losing Melo to Denver or Dallas at the cost of our traded players, this team's future success is now dictated externally, at the cost of Anthony's desire to earn an extra $15M. I, for one, don't like business moves that leave me crossing my fingers.

I still think Carmelo could have interposed and aided us in making this process as best as possible for the franchise. Even at his own cost and or patience.

But it was the whims of 2 multi millionaires that ultimately leave the CBA prescribing the future of the Knicks, leaving us, the fans, crossing our fingers.

But who are we, anyway?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;162173 said:
Did we HAVE to give up our only true center? This was already an incredible haul for Denver general manager Masai Ujiri, considering the superstar he was forced to trade in his first few months on the job only had one destination in mind, before he demanded Mozgov of Dolan.

Say what you will about us inevitably losing Melo to Denver or Dallas at the cost of our traded players, this team's future success is now dictated externally, at the cost of Anthony's desire to earn an extra $15M. I, for one, don't like business moves that leave me crossing my fingers.

I still think Carmelo could have interposed and aided us in making this process as best as possible for the franchise. Even at his own cost and or patience.

But it was the whims of 2 multi millionaires that ultimately leave the CBA prescribing the future of the Knicks, leaving us, the fans, crossing our fingers.

But who are we, anyway?
We definitely gave up too much. Am I more hopeful now that the smoke has cleared? Yeah, but we made a trade as if we had to be "fair", ridiculous. They were still getting a lot back. Look at them now WITHOUT playing Mozgov.

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;162173 said:

But who are we, anyway?

Exactly.

Tough to *really* bitch about the trade; except the imbecilic motivations of the imbeciles blinking first and cowering in negotiations was in essence,

we need Melo NOW. go compete NOW. we must satisfy our fans and msg NOW.

Reality is, in this NBA, you need excellence, not good with a chance of very good.

We had the team, bargaining position, future options, and reality (of cba, for one), to dictate going for a true powermove...and perhaps being the unequivocal victor in a trade, and not a potential rapee.

a la LAK. Wonder how they'd be doing if they threw in Odom or Bynum and Ariza for Gasol...

It's like the perfect semi bluff in poker. Even if we get looked up, we still have the chips, position, and skill, to go for the kill again from an even superior position of power/respect/assets.

And much of the time, you simply don't get looked up. Bc ppl are fundamentally timid and fearful (especially amateurs...amateur hour front offices...specially on a big stage....)

And the actual, true ultimate decision of facing total destruction and public disgrace.....And making a decision. Is infinitely more difficult in a way that can't be easily described; versus the theoretical writing of what they "should" do, and operating like ppl are machines.

At the very least (and I mean VERY least), the second reneging of our own ultimatum (smfh) for Moz....is just...unreal.

And we wonder why teams lick their chops to deal wit us? And why we just so often happen to be on the receiving end of rapes in trades and signings?

It's not random...And this trade won't help (even if in a vacuum it is a good trade...ie We get superstar Melo, and in a vacuum or bubble, what we got exceeds the value of what we gave up).

Champions don't get born from this mentality and cyclical process that we have operated from, and in a real sense, operated from again in our dealings with DEN.

Let's just pray to god Walsh stays, and with as much autonomy as ever.

GQ7

Rookie
Good Luck to you guys

Sup Knick fans -

New poster & HEAT fan here. Just wanting to wish you guys good luck on tonights' game. It should be a very good game that Im sure we're all excited to witness (no pun intended). Also looking forward to talkin bball with you all in the future. Good luck and heres to hoping for a good competitive game!

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
I don't know what to expect tonight, I thought we were going to get murdered by the heat last time but ended up winning so who knows. I think our guys will come out POed and motivated after what happened on Friday night. With that said I can definitely see Lebum James scoring in the 40s, I think the game will come down to which pair can put up the most points, Wade and James or Melo and Amare.

la2ny

Starter
We have to limit they're transition game. So we have to cut down on the quick 3pt shots and try to limit turnovers. Then we have to atleast stay close until the last 8-7 minutes of the fourth and we should be in a good position because Miami has a bad habit at the end of games of going iso every trip down at the end of games.

Yeah definitely.. The way our defense is right now.. we're gonna have to outscore them to have any chance..

It's strange, your hyped up and feeling good about the fact that we now have 3 star players on our roster, but on the other hand you're kinda down because you know we don't play defense and it hurts us more often than not.

As long as we don't play defense on a regular basis we will be an unpredictable team, beating the Heat or Spurs one night only to lose to the Kings or Cavs the next night.

This inconsistency is what's hurting our record. If we were only losing to the elite teams and beat all the teams we should beat - we would be a 50+ win team.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Am I the only one that's scared that this team might lose a lot of games?

I think we've become a worse defensive squad after this trade, and D'Antoni just frustrates me.

I don't know maybe I just look at the worst case scenarios all the time, but honestly sometimes I think its harder to be a hardcore fan of a team than actually be on the team, I just hope that everyone on our Knicks actually want to win and care a lot. Especially Carmelo, I want this guy to succeed so much.

yo the guys gotta get used to playing with eachother it will take time.. hopefully sooner than later.. if we play .500 ball for 20 games its to be expected though

skisloper

Starter
Is Jeffries a Knick yet ?

If and when he is when and who does he play for ?

Him and Turiaf in together could be nice but the scoring liability is scary.

The more you play around with the line-ups the more you realize we are a bit screwed....

is Sheldon Williams worth a try ?

Walsh better sign someone and more important D"antonio plays them...

Douglas
Balkman
Jeffires
Amare
Turiaf

This would be our best defensive unit....

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
We are the same team that we were 2 weeks ago, the difference is that this team have the two best players in the trade, which will show, in the play offs!:thumbsup:

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Is Jeffries a Knick yet ?

If and when he is when and who does he play for ?

Him and Turiaf in together could be nice but the scoring liability is scary.

The more you play around with the line-ups the more you realize we are a bit screwed....

is Sheldon Williams worth a try ?

Walsh better sign someone and more important D"antonio plays them...

Douglas
Balkman
Jeffires
Amare
Turiaf

This would be our best defensive unit....

Most Likely Tuesday

Sage

Rotation player
Just won this by 22 on nba2k11 but you know, actually played some D and rebounded...... :-\

KingCharles34

All Star
Im just hoping to see more defense tonight, thats all

If Carmello can almost cancel out lebron im happy with that

Amare needs to outplay bosh

Our backcourt can hang with theirs, Fields has gotta step up and play big. We already know Billups is gonna do his thing no homo

And Shawne williams, PLEASE hit some shots

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I love the Knicks vs. Heat commercials they've been showing since Wednesday. Is it up online? Has me even more pumped for the game.