View Poll Results: Who is the best player in this game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amare Stoudemire

9 20.93%
  • Carmelo Anthony

7 16.28%
  • LeBum James

17 39.53%
  • Dwyane Wade

3 6.98%
  • Chris Bosh

0 0%
  • Anthony Carter!!!

7 16.28%
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Heat 2/27 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Who was that, that told you guys DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS?

Great defensive effort tonight. The lane wasnt open nearly as much as it has been in past games. STAT taking charges? Who da thunk it? Seems like STAT is realizing that he can concentrate on other things now that MELO is here. Just look at his rebounding numbers.

One thing. Kudos to MDA. That starting lineup took me be surprise. Now I dont think we'll get away with it against the Magic.

Best game they've played all year...
    Good call. And Jeffries is coming... should help with the team defense. Let's not dismiss the experience factor... Amar'e, Carmelo and Billups have played a TON of playoff games. They no the drill. Accustomed to the atmosphere. Sure, they might not show up in CLE in Feb., but tonight should tell us... when the lights go on, when may arrives... We're going to be one tough out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we made a run to the FINALS... Then again, I wouldn;t be shocked if we lost to CHI in 5.

Originally Posted by mafra
    SC on ESPN News breaking down the game.. basically hinting that NY won b/c refs didn't call foul on Carmelo... As if Lebron was fouled b4 Amar'e block.

EXCUSES.
    Bull Crap. I was going to start a thread saying if I was MDA I would've gotten tossed. They were hammering us and we got nothing.

SC on ESPN News breaking down the game.. basically hinting that NY won b/c refs didn't call foul on Carmelo... As if Lebron was fouled b4 Amar'e block.

EXCUSES.
    or maybe if lebron didn't play like a third grader and travel TWICE.. haha what a joke

LOL. They asked Dantoni why he played Anthony Carter. he said because he said he could guard Wade.. Clearly he wasn't lying..

Bull Crap. I was going to start a thread saying if I was MDA I would've gotten tossed. They were hammering us and we got nothing.

So true. When Billups gets a technical something is amiss. STAT was fouled by 6 players on one play... Didn't even think that was possible.

I would have flipped if they put LJ on the foul line.

MIA 2-2 vs NY; haven't beaten CHI; Lost to CHI twice.

Lebron is stuck in South Beach, where's the empty seats and his home crowd cheering for the Knicks. LOVE IT!
    That's the same thing I was thinking when James was at the line. That's what you get for not coming to New York. Don't worry at least Baby, Lil' Wayne, and DJ Khaled will always be there to cheer you on......

Billups is the ****ing man. Anthony Carter, Shawne Williams, And Billy Walker had some clutch plays. Didn't it feel great to have some options down the stretch? Eddie House sucks

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    LOL. They asked Dantoni why he played Anthony Carter. he said because he said he could guard Wade.. Clearly he wasn't lying..
    WOW.

AC just got arrested, they found him on his way back to NY with millions of dollars and a championship ring.

On further inspection the police removed Wade from his pocket and no charges were brought.

WOW.
    Yeah, I guess we should give some credit to MD. It worked.

What a finish. Billups comes up big again. Melo and Stat kept us in the game. Horrendous defense in the first half. Very Sloppy game. Probably the best finish to a half we had in a very long time. We have to improve our defense. Our defense was much better in the second half but why can't they do it consistently throughout the whole game? Also what was that play out of the timeout by Dantoni??? Walker gets the ball inches from the baseline? Your asking for him to step out. SMH. But all in all what a tremendous win for us as we're coming together and building some chemistry. Amare with the seal in block on Lebron out of everyone. Can't get better than that. Go Knicks!

Bet Wade is glad 2 get out of that Mental hospital he was in tonight, Cause AC put him in a straitjacket!

Yeah, I guess we should give some credit to MD. It worked.
    Nope. Everyone knows that MDA only plays people that play offense, he does not care about defense. That is why he DIDN'T play Anthony Carter when Carter said he could guard Wade...because MDA does not care about defense.

EXCUSES.
    ESPN always hates on anything New York related. What do you expect when your station is run by a buncha Red Sux Nation lovin' faggots?

Our bench outscored their 19-15. Doing that in MIA is impressive.

Our BIG-3 outscored theirs: 61-59

Our supporting cast bested theirs: 30-27.

Knicks won rebounding war: 43-42.

Knicks edged MIA from the free throw line, going 21-23 while MIA went 16-22.

MIA had 18 turnovers. We had 16.

MOST IMPORTANT STAT: MIA scored 34 in the 1st quarter... then only 52 for the rest of the game!

This is why NY won... despite shooting 8-30 from downtown, and MIA besting NY shooting 43.2 from the field while we shot 38.8.

You know what makes this even more sweet than usual?

Did you see those interviews with LeBron and Wade and Bosh all saying about how it would be hard for the Knicks and how they'd struggle at first like they did and although they said we'd get there, there was a real arrogance like they were talking down to us.

Well, I wonder what they've got to say now.

They were talking like they'd won a championship. You've won ****.