View Poll Results: Who is the best player in this game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amare Stoudemire

    9 20.93%
  • Carmelo Anthony

    7 16.28%
  • LeBum James

    17 39.53%
  • Dwyane Wade

    3 6.98%
  • Chris Bosh

    0 0%
  • Anthony Carter!!!

    7 16.28%
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41819202122232425 LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 373

Thread: Knicks @ Heat 2/27 8:00 pm

  1. #346
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Yeah, I guess we should give some credit to MD. It worked.
    After starting off crappy tonight and giving up 35 in the first quarter, MOA woke up. For the first time basically all season MOA stressed D for 3 quarters and look at the outcome! He actually coached great tonight on defense. Maybe MOA had an epiphany after our loss to the Cavs and realized he's going to have to play some defenders to win with our current players.

    I still think his offensive playcalling wasn't great, especially coming out of timeouts was borderline TERRIBLE. I realize no coach is going to be perfect but when he calls Walkers name for a baseline clutch drive with 4 seconds left on the shot clock, you just have to wonder where his brain was at. We only scored one basket after a timeout today. Miami scored after nearly every timeout except for the last 30 seconds of the game.

    Don't get me wrong I'm happy as hell we won, I just hope tonight wasn't a fluke by MOA. I'll be convinced if we can keep teams below 100 pts for a couple games in a row and if he actually plays his defenders over his scoring lineup all night long. So far, so good... Overall good game though for MOA and especially for Big Shot Billups!


  2. #347
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    You know what makes this even more sweet than usual?

    Did you see those interviews with LeBron and Wade and Bosh all saying about how it would be hard for the Knicks and how they'd struggle at first like they did and although they said we'd get there, there was a real arrogance like they were talking down to us.

    Well, I wonder what they've got to say now.

    They were talking like they'd won a championship. You've won ****.
    On top of that... making it sweeter... MIA got it together when they went into CLE and blew the Cavs out. We go in on FRI night and lose, and you know MIA was thinking that was funny.

    6 OFF rebounds for MIA was sweet too!

  3. #348
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Before the game Bowen, Barry, & were selling out on us with their hatin predictions.
    Amongst other crap they spit out...

    Hannah Storm said: When they have gaurded each other Lebron James has really gotten the best of Carmelo, BARRY SAID: I don't see anything changes, I think Lebron Jamess goes absolutetly nuts, Carmelo said "this game will be a statement game" Not for Melo, I think Lebron James makes a statement tonight.

    BARRY & BOWENS SAID: WADE will go for 40 pts and 4 steals, James wil go for 30 pts, 11 rebounds and 10 dimes

    MICHAEL WILBON SAID: the knicks will only win if they score 126pts and they will plan no defense
    They try to bash us every chance they get. WHAT NOW "ITCHES"

    They just love to predict our demise every game, well tonight you are very quite, I can't hear, ya'll can get those hot dogs out your mouth now.......WHAT!!!! GO NY, GO NY, GO NY GO!!!

  4. #349
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    You know what makes this even more sweet than usual?

    Did you see those interviews with LeBron and Wade and Bosh all saying about how it would be hard for the Knicks and how they'd struggle at first like they did and although they said we'd get there, there was a real arrogance like they were talking down to us.

    Well, I wonder what they've got to say now.

    They were talking like they'd won a championship. You've won ****.

    Hubie Brown called it right after the game ended. He said it was an embarassing loss for the Heat that they thought they would come in & just roll all over the Knicks tonight. The Knicks just earned their respect w/this win tonight.

    Gotta love the vociferous booing of Lebron during his final free throws & all the "New York Knicks!" chants at the Miami Arena in the closing seconds.

  5. #350
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Before the game Bowen, Barry, & were selling out on us with their hatin predictions.
    Amongst other crap they spit out...

    Hannah Storm said: When they have gaurded each other Lebron James has really gotten the best of Carmelo, BARRY SAID: I don't see anything changes, I think Lebron Jamess goes absolutetly nuts, Carmelo said "this game will be a statement game" Not for Melo, I think Lebron James makes a statement tonight.

    BARRY & BOWENS SAID: WADE will go for 40 pts and 4 steals, James wil go for 30 pts, 11 rebounds and 10 dimes

    MICHAEL WILBON SAID: the knicks will only win if they score 126pts and they will plan no defense
    They try to bash us every chance they get. WHAT NOW "ITCHES"

    They just love to predict our demise every game, well tonight you are very quite, I can't hear, ya'll can get those hot dogs out your mouth now.......WHAT!!!! GO NY, GO NY, GO NY GO!!!

    I always watch MSG **** them!

  6. #351
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92

    BARRY & BOWENS SAID: WADE will go for 40 pts and 4 steals, James wil go for 30 pts, 11 rebounds and 10 dimes

  7. #352
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    We've got the perfect test of our play credentials coming up in Orlando.

    If we can mix it with them and by them I mean Dwight Howard, (they may as well be called the Orlando Howards) then suddenly we start to look like a real threat to anyone.

  8. #353
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Hubie Brown called it right after the game ended. He said it was an embarassing loss for the Heat that they thought they would come in & just roll all over the Knicks tonight. The Knicks just earned their respect w/this win tonight.

    Gotta love the vociferous booing of Lebron during his final free throws & all the "New York Knicks!" chants at the Miami Arena in the closing seconds.
    MIA has 62.5 MILLION wrapped up next year in 10 players (LJ, Wade, BOSH, Miller, Haslem, Anthony, Pittman, Beverley, Butler, Hasbrouck).

    Don't see much room for them to improve. OH, and they have another 2.8 in Big Z & House (if they exercise their player options).

    65 mil for 12 players. How will MIA add anything to this? Only via a trade, right?

    They'll lose Jones. Somebody will pay him something.

    Meanwhile, Knicks have 45 million comitted next year. Could let Billups walk and then that number would be around 35 mil. Knicks have lots of options, while MIA is stuck.

  9. #354
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    MIA has 62.5 MILLION wrapped up next year in 10 players (LJ, Wade, BOSH, Miller, Haslem, Anthony, Pittman, Beverley, Butler, Hasbrouck).

    Don't see much room for them to improve. OH, and they have another 2.8 in Big Z & House (if they exercise their player options).

    65 mil for 12 players. How will MIA add anything to this? Only via a trade, right?

    They'll lose Jones. Somebody will pay him something.

    Meanwhile, Knicks have 45 million comitted next year. Could let Billups walk and then that number would be around 35 mil. Knicks have lots of options, while MIA is stuck.
    Exactly! +1

    I don't know why some people and media analysts think that we won't have any cap room to improve our team this offseason. I know the CBA still needs to be worked out but it shouldn't change that much if at all.

    We're going to be almost in the middle of the road cap wise compared to the rest of the NBA this offseason. If for some reason they lower the cap, it will affect everyone and we might actually be able to get some good players for cheap as team's like Boston and Miami won't be able to swallow up all the talent. I can't wait til we get to fill out our roster and see our squad at their full potential... Could you imagine adding a guy like Camby to our starting lineup and if we get a good 6th man who can score and defend? We'd be unstoppable!

  10. #355
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Exactly! +1

    I don't know why some people and media analysts think that we won't have any cap room to improve our team this offseason. I know the CBA still needs to be worked out but it shouldn't change that much if at all.

    We're going to be almost in the middle of the road cap wise compared to the rest of the NBA this offseason. If for some reason they lower the cap, it will affect everyone and we might actually be able to get some good players for cheap as team's like Boston and Miami won't be able to swallow up all the talent. I can't wait til we get to fill out our roster and see our squad at their full potential!
    Knicks have enough cash to spend a decent amount on a legit C; with some exemption stuff to throw at a backup PG. Also assets to swing a deal.

    Knicks have lots more wiggle room to improve... and let's not forget our BIG-3 is a better bball fit than MIAs. We have a PG, a wing player, an interior scoring machine.

  11. #356
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    MIA has 62.5 MILLION wrapped up next year in 10 players (LJ, Wade, BOSH, Miller, Haslem, Anthony, Pittman, Beverley, Butler, Hasbrouck).

    Don't see much room for them to improve. OH, and they have another 2.8 in Big Z & House (if they exercise their player options).

    65 mil for 12 players. How will MIA add anything to this? Only via a trade, right?

    They'll lose Jones. Somebody will pay him something.

    Meanwhile, Knicks have 45 million comitted next year. Could let Billups walk and then that number would be around 35 mil. Knicks have lots of options, while MIA is stuck.
    No way in hell should the Knicks buy Billups out, he is a huge part of that trade. All we need is a role playing C that can play D inside & grab some boards.

  12. #357
    Member Markutis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    These are my Knicks. Lose against Cleveland and the next day win over Miami.

  13. #358
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    No way in hell should the Knicks buy Billups out, he is a huge part of that trade. All we need is a role playing C that can play D inside & grab some boards.
    Amen. Wlash pretty much said as much. Just saying they have options... LIKE if NO wants to trade Paul.

    Plenty of options.

    Marc Gasol? Perkins? Big Baby? T-Chandler? DeAndre J?

  14. #359
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We PLAYED defense.

    Amazing what a guy like Billups can do for the team huh? Great game, Lebron shows once again... he is not clutch. DENIED.

  15. #360
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Once again a Team Melo plays for Owns LBJ

    <TABLE class=mod-data><TBODY><TR class=even vAlign=top><TD class=oddrow width=72 align=middle></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" class=even noWrap>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Points: 29
    Reb: 9
    Ast: 2
    Stl: 1
    Blk: 1
    </TD><TD class=oddrow width=72 align=middle></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" class=even noWrap>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Points: 27
    Reb: 7
    Ast: 5
    Stl: 3
    Blk: 1
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Apr 12, 2010, 17:39
  2. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 14:53
  3. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  5. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 18:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •