Knicks @ Heat 2/27 8:00 pm

Who is the best player in this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iJoe

Rotation player
I swear the officials tried their hardest to make the Knicks lose a couple of times.

Billups is Big Shot, LeBon Bon is the ultimate in coming up short in the big time.

How about Melo playing tough D on Bron Bon? I just wish he had that passion every night. He has the ability, but not the passion for defense.

Either way great and entertaining game. We got the best fans ever! When they started heckling Lebron's free throws in Miami I was cracking up.

STAT1

Starter
Amen. Wlash pretty much said as much. Just saying they have options... LIKE if NO wants to trade Paul.

Plenty of options.

Marc Gasol? Perkins? Big Baby? T-Chandler? DeAndre J?

Unless we're getting CP3 or Deron I'm not giving up Chauncey (assuming no other superstar PG's will be available either).

I don't think the Knicks have any shot at Gasol (nor do I think he matches our need for a rebounding defensive C). Perkins, Chandler or D Jordan would be great options but all of them will likely be too expensive to fit under the cap this summer. Big Baby doesn't really interest me, that fat body of his isn't fit to run uptempo, he'll probably die from exhaustion after 1 practice.

mafra

Legend
Unless we're getting CP3 or Deron I'm not giving up Chauncey (assuming no other superstar PG's will be available either).

I don't think the Knicks have any shot at Gasol (nor do I think he matches our need for a rebounding defensive C). Perkins, Chandler or D Jordan would be great options but all of them will likely be too expensive to fit under the cap this summer. Big Baby doesn't really interest me, that fat body of his isn't fit to run uptempo, he'll probably die from exhaustion after 1 practice.

Well, there's always Jerome Jordan. Hey could at least give us what Mozgov did this year? You would hope so.

DeAndre Jordan would be great. Maybe a trade for Kaman or Pryz? Who knows. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

OH, and unlike MIA... We have a 1st round pick this year.

STAT1

Starter
Well, there's always Jerome Jordan. Hey could at least give us what Mozgov did this year? You would hope so.

DeAndre Jordan would be great. Maybe a trade for Kaman or Pryz? Who knows. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

OH, and unlike MIA... We have a 1st round pick this year.

If Jerome Jordan can fill Mozgov's place it would be ideal. We could also draft a big body using our 1st rounder, but whoever it is I pray to God it's someone that actually KNOWS how to play & not some raw prospect that we'll have to wait a few years while he learns the fundamentals of the game. We don't have the time to mess around with projects, we gotta get someone that can contribute now.

Kaman is signed for $12 mil for next season, so forget him. Anyway he's always injured. Pryz might be an option I think DW was interested in him before the trade deadline. He probably won't command that big of a contract either. Personally I'd rather target someone with a little more nasty in his game.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
MIA has 62.5 MILLION wrapped up next year in 10 players (LJ, Wade, BOSH, Miller, Haslem, Anthony, Pittman, Beverley, Butler, Hasbrouck).

Don't see much room for them to improve. OH, and they have another 2.8 in Big Z & House (if they exercise their player options).

65 mil for 12 players. How will MIA add anything to this? Only via a trade, right?

They'll lose Jones. Somebody will pay him something.

Meanwhile, Knicks have 45 million comitted next year. Could let Billups walk and then that number would be around 35 mil. Knicks have lots of options, while MIA is stuck.

mid-level exception????? Could sign a decent player for the mid

p0nder

Starter
I think in a 7 game series we can beat the Heat. And they are considered Contenders right now, so wouldn't that make us contenders right now?

I think if we added a Camby like player we would be looking at the most dominant team in the league.

But I like our chances in the playoffs this year.

skisloper

Starter
I think in a 7 game series we can beat the Heat. And they are considered Contenders right now, so wouldn't that make us contenders right now?

I think if we added a Camby like player we would be looking at the most dominant team in the league.

But I like our chances in the playoffs this year.

Hate to say this as I know many of us are down on D"antonoio but the truth is we will be as good as his rotation players play and how he plays them...

Walker had some key rebounds last night....he went up strong....Whats sucks is I was impressed by that but its something Walker should do every night.
He has 2 years on his contract ....would love to see him be a 22 minutes guy this year and next year.....

douglas I like but he still has the Nate tendencies....right and wrong time...

I like Carter....He has experience and played smart.

Williams was playing scared...afraid to shoot and when he missed the layup ( hit key free throws ) ...should have dunked that ball in...that was a huge shot...

I like what the coach played last night.....even sitting Melo and Amare gets the other guys in more of a flow and they rest,,,,,which seemed to payoff as the heat looked tired...

Come on Mikey D be smart,,,,follow the plan

CoolClyde

holy sh*t we beat the f**king heat again

what a GREAT win! I am amazed!! Antoni played 11 men!! he expanded the rotation, and the Knicks responded in kind!
PROPS TO PRINGLES!! even Sheldon Willams touched the floor! amazing!

Chauncey Ballsup turns out to be the wild card in this trade, as far as being the floor general Feltip never was, except on rare occasion. That last 3 was one of the most clutch shots I've ever seen in a big game, he truly is mr. big shot, and he shoots major loads (no homo).

Bill Walker +22 (+/-) in 25 minutes. KEY!! however, that play out of timeout was one of the worst ever. c'mon!

STUDadmire with one of the best blocks in Knicks history, and on el BJ!!
take that, you commiserating, conniving basturd!

Caramelo playing like we knew he would, the man has moves galore, and will only get better. I do not miss Gallo/Chandler's inconsistency when this man is moving and grooving to the hoop.

This game turned into a defensive statement, something I never thought I'd see. the fact that it happened 2 days after losing to the worst team in the league is unfathomable.

I like that Pringles played Anthony Carter, and like I said before, opened up the rotation. I'd like to see Brewer before he gets waived. I don't know who's gonna be waived to make room for Girafferies, but I'd hate to lose Azibukake before we get a chance to see what he can do. Remember when we gave up on Antonio McDyess he came back in spades for Detroit...

HAPPY DAY FOR KNICK FANS!!
:gony::gony::gony:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
what a GREAT win! I am amazed!! Antoni played 11 men!! he expanded the rotation, and the Knicks responded in kind!
PROPS TO PRINGLES!! even Sheldon Willams touched the floor! amazing!

Chauncey Ballsup turns out to be the wild card in this trade, as far as being the floor general Feltip never was, except on rare occasion. That last 3 was one of the most clutch shots I've ever seen in a big game, he truly is mr. big shot, and he shoots major loads (no homo).

Bill Walker +22 (+/-) in 25 minutes. KEY!! however, that play out of timeout was one of the worst ever. c'mon!

STUDadmire with one of the best blocks in Knicks history, and on el BJ!!
take that, you commiserating, conniving basturd!

Caramelo playing like we knew he would, the man has moves galore, and will only get better. I do not miss Gallo/Chandler's inconsistency when this man is moving and grooving to the hoop.

This game turned into a defensive statement, something I never thought I'd see. the fact that it happened 2 days after losing to the worst team in the league is unfathomable.

I like that Pringles played Anthony Carter, and like I said before, opened up the rotation. I'd like to see Brewer before he gets waived. I don't know who's gonna be waived to make room for Girafferies, but I'd hate to lose Azibukake before we get a chance to see what he can do. Remember when we gave up on Antonio McDyess he came back in spades for Detroit...

HAPPY DAY FOR KNICK FANS!!
:gony::gony::gony:

said all i was gonna say and more. and one thing to keep in mind is that Melo has a hurt elbow so he isn't even 100% and wont be fore about another week, and he;s still dropping 28 a night consistently. glad we have em but billups makes me forget all about that other point guard we used to have at the start of the season.

my guess is Sheldon williams and mason get dropped for JJ and Barron

ech1997

Rookie
The Knicks Big Three

I have been so tired of hearing "The Big Three" in the sports media in reference to every team but the Knicks! I just read a blog entry that was dripping with sarchasm about this point. Of course, that might change after yesterday!

The playoffs should be GOOD!

:afro: