Page 1 of 13 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm beating a dead horse but Mike D is probably the problem

Default I'm beating a dead horse but Mike D is probably the problem

Don't really care about the Cavs loss, it was just one game but really I watched that Denver game and it looked like our guys were trying to play some D, I really think Pringles has to go I know it's a topic thats kind of taboo but if our guys want to get better on D then Dantoni has got to go

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    Don't really care about the Cavs loss, it was just one game but really I watched that Denver game and it looked like our guys were trying to play some D, I really think Pringles has to go I know it's a topic thats kind of taboo but if our guys want to get better on D then Dantoni has got to go
    Exactly! +10000!

Most players that make it to the NBA know how to play D pretty well. The coach is responsible for setting their talents up and using them to the best of their ability. It is MOA's fault, not our players. The outcome of our seasons are a direct reflection of our coach. Good players can only do so much. A good coach means everything.

Mike D'antoni doesn't know what defense is.

Superstar

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident

AMAZING Pic. Hilarious. +1.

But, instead of beating a dead horse, can we just beat the mustache of D'Antoni first.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident

which is amazing to me because from what i hear he was a defensive minded pg! but yes agreed and he needs to go

The only D mike knows is the "D" in "D'antoni"...

The problem is he's absolutely not able to teach our guys how to play D, he simply doesn't know that... And that's way I really hope he'll leave after this season, we need a much more balanced coach...

Veteran

He's not really much of a teacher on defense.

I don't buy that he's not capable of coaching defense and coming up with defensive sets. But I do think that he doesn't do a great job of getting our guys to play to their potential on the other end of the floor.

ya most of the time it feels like we win in spite of him

"You were saying."

Veteran

^^^^ ...............

MDA is MDA...nothing different tonight, except the players themselves were galvanized.

And of course MDA's timely and astute playing of Walker. Another Knick player who has been being groomed under MDA when other teams couldn't/wouldn't.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    ^^^^ ...............

MDA is MDA...nothing different tonight, except the players themselves were galvanized.

And of course MDA's timely and astute playing of Walker. Another Knick player who has been being groomed under MDA when other teams couldn't/wouldn't.
    So we hold the Heat to 86, we do it playing D with everyone helping. We do it with a defensive stop to win the game and MDA deserves no credit.

You people make me sick.

"We won in spite of him."

3 games he's had this team and our defense in that time has improved no end.

I don't care who it is doing it, it's plain to see and since it was MDA getting all the stick it should be him getting the credit.

You'd written the game off before the half most of you.

Seriously give it up, it's like you want the guy to fail, you've become accustomed to your misery so now that good things are happening you're desperately looking from the scapegoat of yesteryear.

You don't beat the heat in their own backyard holding them to 86 if your coach isn't doing his job. Sorry, you just don't.

Give the man his due.

Superstar

Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    So we hold the Heat to 86, we do it playing D with everyone helping. We do it with a defensive stop to win the game and MDA deserves no credit.

You people make me sick.

"We won in spite of him."

3 games he's had this team and our defense in that time has improved no end.

I don't care who it is doing it, it's plain to see and since it was MDA getting all the stick it should be him getting the credit.

You'd written the game off before the half most of you.

Seriously give it up, it's like you want the guy to fail, you've become accustomed to your misery so now that good things are happening you're desperately looking from the scapegoat of yesteryear.

You don't beat the heat in their own backyard holding them to 86 if your coach isn't doing his job. Sorry, you just don't.

Give the man his due.
    They had a two hour practice on Saturday about defensive rotations -- solely D. We've been clamoring for him to do this for a while. The players played their hearts out and followed a defensive scheme that was emphasized... D'Antoni had not done that in the past...

I give him credit for doing it now. I also think we should all also give credit to Billups... He slowed down the team when it was needed and came up with some big shots.

If Mike is preaching D, I have no problem with the guy, none at all.

The rotations, help and team defensive effort was more than just players deciding that "Mike be damned, we're gonna play some defense today", that came from the coaching level and I'm really thrilled to see it.

The offense is gonna sort itself out, as long as practicing D is a regular occurance, then only good can come of it.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Sage
    If Mike is preaching D, I have no problem with the guy, none at all.

The rotations, help and team defensive effort was more than just players deciding that "Mike be damned, we're gonna play some defense today", that came from the coaching level and I'm really thrilled to see it.

The offense is gonna sort itself out, as long as practicing D is a regular occurance, then only good can come of it.
    Glad to see people stopping the trend of "We played great defense, the players deserve all the credit" and "We played **** defense, its all Dantoni's fault".

It was getting tiring.