I'm beating a dead horse but Mike D is probably the problem

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Don't really care about the Cavs loss, it was just one game but really I watched that Denver game and it looked like our guys were trying to play some D, I really think Pringles has to go I know it's a topic thats kind of taboo but if our guys want to get better on D then Dantoni has got to go

KingofNy

Starter
Don't really care about the Cavs loss, it was just one game but really I watched that Denver game and it looked like our guys were trying to play some D, I really think Pringles has to go I know it's a topic thats kind of taboo but if our guys want to get better on D then Dantoni has got to go

Exactly! +10000!

Most players that make it to the NBA know how to play D pretty well. The coach is responsible for setting their talents up and using them to the best of their ability. It is MOA's fault, not our players. The outcome of our seasons are a direct reflection of our coach. Good players can only do so much. A good coach means everything.

Mike D'antoni doesn't know what defense is.

nba_g_dantoni_580.jpg

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Mike.jpg

The problem is he's absolutely not able to teach our guys how to play D, he simply doesn't know that... And that's way I really hope he'll leave after this season, we need a much more balanced coach...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He's not really much of a teacher on defense.

I don't buy that he's not capable of coaching defense and coming up with defensive sets. But I do think that he doesn't do a great job of getting our guys to play to their potential on the other end of the floor.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^^^ ...............

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MDA is MDA...nothing different tonight, except the players themselves were galvanized.

And of course MDA's timely and astute playing of Walker. Another Knick player who has been being groomed under MDA when other teams couldn't/wouldn't.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
^^^^ ...............

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MDA is MDA...nothing different tonight, except the players themselves were galvanized.

And of course MDA's timely and astute playing of Walker. Another Knick player who has been being groomed under MDA when other teams couldn't/wouldn't.

So we hold the Heat to 86, we do it playing D with everyone helping. We do it with a defensive stop to win the game and MDA deserves no credit.

You people make me sick.

"We won in spite of him."

3 games he's had this team and our defense in that time has improved no end.

I don't care who it is doing it, it's plain to see and since it was MDA getting all the stick it should be him getting the credit.

You'd written the game off before the half most of you.

Seriously give it up, it's like you want the guy to fail, you've become accustomed to your misery so now that good things are happening you're desperately looking from the scapegoat of yesteryear.

You don't beat the heat in their own backyard holding them to 86 if your coach isn't doing his job. Sorry, you just don't.

Give the man his due.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
So we hold the Heat to 86, we do it playing D with everyone helping. We do it with a defensive stop to win the game and MDA deserves no credit.

You people make me sick.

I don't care who it is doing it, it's plain to see and since it was MDA getting all the stick it should be him getting the credit.

Seriously give it up, it's like you want the guy to fail, you've become accustomed to your misery so now that good things are happening you're desperately looking from the scapegoat of yesteryear.

You don't beat the heat in their own backyard holding them to 86 if your coach isn't doing his job. Sorry, you just don't.

Give the man his due.

They had a two hour practice on Saturday about defensive rotations -- solely D. We've been clamoring for him to do this for a while. The players played their hearts out and followed a defensive scheme that was emphasized... D'Antoni had not done that in the past...

I give him credit for doing it now. I also think we should all also give credit to Billups... He slowed down the team when it was needed and came up with some big shots.

Sage

Rotation player
If Mike is preaching D, I have no problem with the guy, none at all.

The rotations, help and team defensive effort was more than just players deciding that "Mike be damned, we're gonna play some defense today", that came from the coaching level and I'm really thrilled to see it.

The offense is gonna sort itself out, as long as practicing D is a regular occurance, then only good can come of it.

iJoe

Rotation player
If Mike is preaching D, I have no problem with the guy, none at all.

The rotations, help and team defensive effort was more than just players deciding that "Mike be damned, we're gonna play some defense today", that came from the coaching level and I'm really thrilled to see it.

The offense is gonna sort itself out, as long as practicing D is a regular occurance, then only good can come of it.

Glad to see people stopping the trend of "We played great defense, the players deserve all the credit" and "We played shit defense, its all Dantoni's fault".

It was getting tiring.

You people make me sick.

Give the man his due.

Dude its one game and MDA was a big part of it. BUT, you do realize we just gave up the house on defense to CLEVELAND?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Hopefully MDA can have this team more focused on defense than he has in the past.

Red

TYPE-A
Dude its one game and MDA was a big part of it. BUT, you do realize we just gave up the house on defense to CLEVELAND?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Hopefully MDA can have this team more focused on defense than he has in the past.

If you haven't noticed...

The stars run this ship now. MDA is a figurehead. These vets have taken it upon themselves to implement what they're comfortable with, o both sides.

Just sit back Mike, we got this. And just in case, for all those who want MDA to take credit for an improvement defensively, don't even try it. He could've proven his defensive accumen when he had rookies and newbies that needed coaching. He failed.

Now the students will have to show the teacher.

The stars run this ship now. MDA is a figurehead. These vets have taken it upon themselves to implement what they're comfortable with, o both sides.

Just sit back Mike, we got this. And just in case, for all those who want MDA to take credit for an improvement defensively, don't even try it. He could've proven his defensive accumen when he had rookies and newbies that needed coaching. He failed.

You probably have a point there. I've never heard defense talked as much as we do now. Melo, STAT and Billups have been talking defense more in the past week than we've heard in three years with MDA. Heck, last week someone asked him about his defense against Cleveland and he reverted back to his offensive philosophy.

But. Red if this cat is open to change, truly open you gotta give him some props. If he realizes that playing defense isnt just a passing fancy, with the offense he runs we'll be a VERY HARD OUT come the playoffs.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

So you spent the last 3 years blaming D'ant for our lack of defense while I and others said it had more to do with the roster then coach. You adamantly disagreed furthering your emotional outbursts that D'ant can't and doesn't teach defense. I and others provided quotes, videos and articles that clearly show what is so obvious...that an NBA coach with a winning record and COY award understands and does coach defense but you chose to ignore each bit of proof every step of the way. Now that we have NEW PLAYERS and played great defense you take the exact polar opposite opinion and CREDIT the PLAYERS for defense! So which is it guy? Has it been the players all along failing at defense or not? Can't have it both ways.

P.S.

Knicks had 40 mins of film and 90 mins of practice here in Miami. Spent a lot of time on, of course, defensive concepts.

^^Could that be a reason for the improved defense in addition to players committed to defending?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
BTW,

Renaldo Balkman
Anthony Carter
Ronny Turiaf
Sheldon Williams

All played for DEFENSIVE purposes. Yet another fallacy proven wrong...