I'm beating a dead horse but Mike D is probably the problem

moneyg

Starter
In fairness...you asked for one, and that's what he gave you.

ur right... im sure we can find one person that says the sky is purple.. doesnt mean it is true..

id you to now...

give me two more...

i sure you will struggle

oh yeah.. you cant name relatives

OK. Am I getting this right? We got cats on here that think MDA teaches and Preaches defense? I mean after years of it being obvious he doesnt, and after him basically saying the team that "SCORES THE MOST" plays the best defense. Do I have this right?

WOW!

Look fellas we can only HOPE that this cat sees the value in playing defense every game. We can only hope that he doesnt revert back to his ways and benches certain players because they cant run his offense.

Bottomline. MDA has NEVER shown he has the capabilities to put a successful defensive product on the floor.

KBlack25

Starter
OK. Am I getting this right? We got cats on here that think MDA teaches and Preaches defense? I mean after years of it being obvious he doesnt, and after him basically saying the team that "SCORES THE MOST" plays the best defense. Do I have this right?

WOW!

Look fellas we can only HOPE that this cat sees the value in playing defense every game. We can only hope that he doesnt revert back to his ways and benches certain players because they cant run his offense.

Bottomline. MDA has NEVER shown he has the capabilities to put a successful defensive product on the floor.

No you aren't (at least not from me).

My statement is the players matter way more than the coach, hence when we get better defensive players we play better defense, to the surprise of nobody named KBlack25.

moneyg

Starter

My statement is the players matter way more than the coach, hence when we get better defensive players we play better defense, to the surprise of nobody named KBlack25.

i'm listening to coach Hubie brown...on 1050espn.. and he flat out said..

Look.... paraphrase "it is up to the coaching staff to force player into good defensive postion"..

he went on to talk about defensive philosophies.. and situational assignments...

he also stressed that when a player get beat...there has to be a strategy where to force certain players.. basline, etc...where is the help comin from...etc..

and if player dont follow that scheme.. then you have to sit.. see boozer in chicago early in the year

he also said thet you canhide bad defensive players on a team..if you have good strategy..

now i trust Hubie more than any other guy in the leauge..

anybody that disagrees is obviously related to O'antoni...

KBlack25

Starter

Look.... paraphrase "it is up to the coaching staff to force player into good defensive postion"..

he went on to talk about defensive philosophies.. and situational assignments...

he also stressed that when a player get beat...there has to be a strategy where to force certain players.. basline, etc...where is the help comin from...etc..

and if player dont follow that scheme.. then you have to sit.. see boozer in chicago early in the year

he also said thet you canhide bad defensive players on a team..if you have good strategy..

Chauncey Billups is related to D'Antoni?

I disagree. Reason being is there are only a few GREAT individual defenders in the NBA. Artest, Ariza to name two. Without hand checking defense has become more of a team accomplishment. It's too hard trying to stay in front of your man each and every possession.

Last nights game we played excellent team defense. Which should be something that they're coached to do. BUT, we KNOW for a fact that this isnt MDA's strength.

I wouldnt be surprised if it comes out that Billups and MELO kinda lead the defensive practice the day before. Or that MDA at least got some serious input from these guys.

So if you look at it objectively you can see that it truly is the coaching or non coaching that leads to good or bad defensive play...

Red

TYPE-A
I disagree. Reason being is there are only a few GREAT individual defenders in the NBA. Artest, Ariza to name two. Without hand checking defense has become more of a team accomplishment. It's too hard trying to stay in front of your man each and every possession.

Last nights game we played excellent team defense. Which should be something that they're coached to do. BUT, we KNOW for a fact that this isnt MDA's strength.

I wouldnt be surprised if it comes out that Billups and MELO kinda lead the defensive practice the day before. Or that MDA got some serious input from these guys.

So if you look at it objectively you can see that it truly is the coaching or non coaching that leads to good or bad defensive play...

"Don't give me this garbage about guys can't play defense. Defense comes down to the accountability of the COACHING STAFF"! -Hubie Brown

Spin that motherf*ckers.

You are welcme to use that quote in a sig from one of the games most respected, a true genius.

KBlack25

Starter

I wouldnt be surprised if it comes out that Billups and MELO kinda lead the defensive practice the day before. Or that MDA at least got some serious input from these guys.

Right but there are good defensive players that are not "excellent" (Billups, Balkman, Anthony Carter)...we were previously loaded with weak defensive guys.

If MDA got serious input from Billups, wouldn't that mean he DOES care about shoring up defense and adapting, which cuts against the argument that he, well, doesn't care about those things?

Exactly what I was trying to say im my reply to Black...

"Don't give me this garbage about guys can't play defense. Defense comes down to the accountability of the COACHING STAFF"! -Hubie Brown

Spin that motherf*ckers.

You are welcme to use that quote in a sig from one of the games most respected, a true genius.

Thats basically what I said...

moneyg

Starter
Chauncey Billups is related to D'Antoni?

billups is a professional.. he wont disrescpect his coach....even when he disagreed with Larry brown.. ok

billups.. like he did when o'antoni jumped on douglas.. pulled TD to the side and showed him what he did wrong..

screaming at a player and showin him what he did wrong are two different aspects..

and O'anotini has a problem communicating defense to his players

billups will talk out on the floor and that alone will make us a better defensive player..

why would billups beat a dead horse.. when everybody in the league know this

moneyg

Starter
Right but there are good defensive players that are not "excellent" (Billups, Balkman, Anthony Carter)...we were previously loaded with weak defensive guys.

If MDA got serious input from Billups, wouldn't that mean he DOES care about shoring up defense and adapting, which cuts against the argument that he, well, doesn't care about those things?

that means he understand that if these vet... dont buy in.. and voice that upstairs.. he is a goner.. so it pays him to listen...

we got O'antoni because we thought he would help us recruit players from team USA.. who has he helped us recruit...

Amare almost didnt come because of him.. we have to give him 100mil to put up with O'antoni.. Melo was comin here with or without this coach.. aight

as far as im concerned.. we got what we wanted from him.. rather did not get from him.. but though we would..

soo he can go now,

MusketeerX

Rotation player
that means he understand that if these vet... dont buy in.. and voice that upstairs.. he is a goner.. so it pays him to listen...

we got O'antoni because we thought he would help us recruit players from team USA.. who has he helped us recruit...

Amare almost didnt come because of him.. we have to give him 100mil to put up with O'antoni.. Melo was comin here with or without this coach.. aight

as far as im concerned.. we got what we wanted from him.. rather did not get from him.. but though we would..

soo he can go now,

EXACTLY!! MDA is along for the ride at this point. It is Billup's way or the highway. Love Billups. He is the savior of this Knicks team at this point.

moneyg

Starter
EXACTLY!! MDA is along for the ride at this point. It is Billup's way or the highway. Love Billups. He is the savior of this Knicks team at this point.

agreed 100%

i really like felton.. but billups is the real deal...and he got the legacy to prove it.. he is more accomplished than this coach and im sure O'antoni knows it...

if this coach doesnt.. i can see player only practices..lol

Red

TYPE-A
Things that do not surprise me:

1. A longtime, famous coach talking about the merits and effects of coaching.

Things that don't surprise me:

1. A spin doctor trying to discount the Quote (since you love quotes) from one of the Most Respected basketball minds ever.

2. Your lack of understanding his comments.

Spin it how you want. Everyone knows wassup. Better players means MDA has no excuses now.

billups is a professional.. he wont disrescpect his coach....even when he disagreed with Larry brown.. ok

billups.. like he did when o'antoni jumped on douglas.. pulled TD to the side and showed him what he did wrong..

screaming at a player and showin him what he did wrong are two different aspects..

and O'anotini has a problem communicating defense to his players

billups will talk out on the floor and that alone will make us a better defensive player..

why would billups beat a dead horse.. when everybody in the league know this

Right now Billups has more credability than D'Antoni.

KBlack25

Starter
Not trying to spin anything...here's a tip for you in the future:

When you read a quote, think: what is that person's angle? Why are they saying the things they are saying?

Its surprising because I know you can and do think about these things, look at the way you responded to the Billups quote. Its shocking to me how blindly biased you are, so biased you refuse to even acknowledge the bias. Hubie has an angle, as a coach do you expect him to sit there and say "Coacing isn't that important, its really on the players."?

Billups has an angle as well, I just wish you would be fair and realize everyone has an angle and there are reasons why people say the things they do.

As for moneyg - yikes. Wow. Any proof to the statement "Amare almost didn't come here because of D'antoni"? Or is this just more conjecture with no evidence or proof?

moneyg

Starter
Not trying to spin anything...here's a tip for you in the future:

When you read a quote, think: what is that person's angle? Why are they saying the things they are saying?

Its surprising because I know you can and do think about these things, look at the way you responded to the Billups quote. Its shocking to me how blindly biased you are, so biased you refuse to even acknowledge the bias. Hubie has an angle, as a coach do you expect him to sit there and say "Coacing isn't that important, its really on the players."?

Billups has an angle as well, I just wish you would be fair and realize everyone has an angle and there are reasons why people say the things they do.

As for moneyg - yikes. Wow. Any proof to the statement "Amare almost didn't come here because of D'antoni"? Or is this just more conjecture with no evidence or proof?

o'antoni and Amare had a sitdown to squash their disagreements before he signed..... aight..

go look it up urself.. if you followed this team.. you would know that...

KBlack25

Starter
o'antoni and Amare had a sitdown to squash their disagreements before he signed..... aight..

go look it up urself.. if you followed this team.. you would know that...

The same sitdown where afterwards Amare admitted whatever beef they had was a "result of his immaturity"? That sitdown? Where amare took the nlame for any problems between them? Yep his admission that he was immature and had since grown up from a teenager to a man in the time he knew D'antoni sure sounds like he "almost didn't come here." So much so that within the first few days of free agency, he put ink to paper.