STAT took a charge! WOW! Now were talking defense...

la2ny

Starter
Thats the type of commitment we need. They were talking about him and Melo possibly giving lip service, but somewhere deep down inside me I knew it wasn't. I BELIEVE IN YOU 2! NOW SHUT EM' DOWN NEXT HALF!!!

STAT1

Starter
Thats what I'm talking about. The captain starts stepping in there giving up his body everyone else will follow. Good job STAT...

That was great to see. When your best player is doing that it has to inspire the other guys to step up & play better D. Bill Walker did a great job on Lebron in the 2nd quarter too.

Both made some big defensive plays last night. Melo defended quite well against Lebron, especially on the last posession he forced him to adjust and gave STAT the chance to block the shot.

Melo's rejection of Chalmers layup attempt was huge he sent that one all the way to Key West :peace:

STAT made Lebron his bitch again, after posterizing him earlier this season he now rejected his game winning attempt and won us the game.

I think STAT and MElo are the best 1-2 punch in the NBA right now.
Chris BOsh showed once again that he is just an overrated luxury player. Nice stats but when the chips are down he's invisible.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
rating_1.gif

p0nder

Starter
^You don't like dudes taking charges or what?

Amar'e is still getting better. thats kind of hard to believe, but his game has evolved here as a knick. He's doing much more of the hustle and defense then anyone ever expected him to show.

Melo and Amar'e are playing with a chip on their sholder. Everyone told them they can't play defense so now they are out to prove them wrong.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^You don't like dudes taking charges or what?

Amar'e is still getting better. thats kind of hard to believe, but his game has evolved here as a knick. He's doing much more of the hustle and defense then anyone ever expected him to show.

Melo and Amar'e are playing with a chip on their sholder. Everyone told them they can't play defense so now they are out to prove them wrong.

I love him taking charges. He's done it plenty of times this year, and we make threads about what a surprise it is! Plain silly.

KBlack25

Starter
This thread is bull doodie.

Everyone knows STAT didn't take a charge b/c MDA never preaches defense in practice, and doesn't care about defense. Everybody knows that it is the coaches' choice whether or not a player decides to step in and try and draw a charge, and since MDA doesn't care about defense, hence the lack of Anthony Carter guarding DWade, we all know none of the players played any defense last night. That Amare block? Illusion. MDA just doesn't care about defense. Therefore nobody put their bodies on the line in-game and MDA didn't play Anthony Carter b/c of defensive reasons. What you saw was just an illusion.

skisloper

Starter
This thread is bull doodie.

Everyone knows STAT didn't take a charge b/c MDA never preaches defense in practice, and doesn't care about defense. Everybody knows that it is the coaches' choice whether or not a player decides to step in and try and draw a charge, and since MDA doesn't care about defense, hence the lack of Anthony Carter guarding DWade, we all know none of the players played any defense last night. That Amare block? Illusion. MDA just doesn't care about defense. Therefore nobody put their bodies on the line in-game and MDA didn't play Anthony Carter b/c of defensive reasons. What you saw was just an illusion.

He played anthony carter because the veteran told D'ant that he could guard him..

its a lose lose with u

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You crack me up Snydeandthegirlwthecurl.. You and Red both need to stfu for a while. Y'all both r like bandwagon fans that follow the team regularly smfh..

p0nder

Starter
It's not really a surprise that stat takes charges. but it is still worth props. plus i think he is getting better at floor poisitoning, especially on D.

oh and on a KBlack type of stick: "The ref's called a charge and D'ant got upset with them. He claimed it is impossible for an offensive foul as that imply's there was a defense to get fouled"

Crazy⑧s;162714 said:
I love him taking charges. He's done it plenty of times this year, and we make threads about what a surprise it is! Plain silly.

Find me two other times that STAT took a charge by filling the lane this year. Bet you cant.

Not true. Everyone knows D'Antoni does not care whether you can guard somebody he only cares about jumpshots.

:)

Why are you talking MDA in this thread? This thread is giving STAT props. Would you like me to bump the official MDA thread so everyone can view your losing arguments again?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Find me two other times that STAT took a charge by filling the lane this year. Bet you cant.

Well, I'm sure you'd be happy to make that bet as you clearly are non the wiser.

1. Home game V Washington fast break charge called on John Wall one on one with STAT.

2. Chris Humphries of the Nets I think it was, maybe Lopez, home again against the Nets. STAT lay on his back with both hands in the air in celebration.

3. Took a charge on LaMarcus Aldridge in Portland in the first quarter in Portland that sent LA to the bench.

Yawn.

Anything else you'd like me to edify you upon?

Crazy⑧s;162734 said:
Well, I'm sure you'd be happy to make that bet as you clearly are non the wiser.

1. Home game V Washington fast break charge called on John Wall one on one with STAT.

2. Chris Humphries of the Nets I think it was, maybe Lopez, home again against the Nets. STAT lay on his back with both hands in the air in celebration.

3. Took a charge on LaMarcus Aldridge in Portland in the first quarter in Portland that sent LA to the bench.

Yawn.

Anything else you'd like me to edify you upon?

One on one charge is not what I'm talking about. Stepping in the path of someone else's man is what I'm looking for. Like he did against Wade last night. Nice try though. Also was he guarding Humphries and LA? If so you failed on these to...

Oh. If I bore you just stay away. I dont need anyone trying to post pics of my family on this site. Understood?