SKY Walker

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
SKY Walker had an AMAZING game tonight. He hustled, played good defense, and made timely shots.

Here's to SKY WALKER!

10 points on 7 shots, 7 rebounds in 25 mins!

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
SKY Walker had an AMAZING game tonight. He hustled, played good defense, and made timely shots.

Here's to SKY WALKER!

10 points on 7 shots, 7 rebounds in 25 mins!

slow that down. There's only 1 Sky Walker from NY. 1989 Slam dunk champion Kenny Sky Walker baby! :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

WrongIslander

Rotation player
If you ever had any doubt that Isayugh was a WUM just take a look at his posts tonight.

Any true Knicks fan is bouncing off the ceiling. It's 4am here, I'm in work today and I won't be sleeping till this adrenaline wears off.

He not only doesn't want to praise Walker but also wants to put MDA down for giving him his chance and making him a better player.

WUM!

STAT1

Starter
Walker had a GREAT game but his problem is he doesn't bring that same level of energy in most games. When he's Ding up like he was tonight he's a very nice role player off the bench, but in those games when he's very lackadaisical on the defense & isn't hitting his 3's he really hurts the team. MDA did a good job of staying with him tonight & not going back to Landry or Toney Douglas, who were both really struggling tonight.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Yeah, whatever.

An effective 6th man! Potential starting SG with Fields being a better 6th man? Who knows? Or cares?

WE BEAT THE HEAT!

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Walker had a GREAT game but his problem is he doesn't bring that same level of energy in most games. When he's Ding up like he was tonight he's a very nice role player off the bench, but in those games when he's very lackadaisical on the defense & isn't hitting his 3's he really hurts the team. MDA did a good job of staying with him tonight & not going back to Landry or Toney Douglas, who were both really struggling tonight.

Yeah but sometimes it's about belief.

Landry didn't play well tonight but he will in the future, isn't it nice to know that you can have Walker step in and do that!

We're starting to look like a team after 3 games and this after we were completely written off and laughed at for the Billups trade.... I mean Melo trade. :p

mafra

Legend
He played well. Solid defense. 3 at end of have was a big momentum lifter... Glad that fumble didn't spoil an otherwise solid evening.

STAT1

Starter
Yeah but sometimes it's about belief.

Landry didn't play well tonight but he will in the future, isn't it nice to know that you can have Walker step in and do that!

We're starting to look like a team after 3 games and this after we were completely written off and laughed at for the Billups trade.... I mean Melo trade. :p

No doubt confidence plays a big part & you can't develop confidence without the opportunity to play. I agree w/you there. I'm not too worried about Landry, he just had an off shooting night, it happens. He's been shooting the ball pretty well this month so this is likely not something to be overly concerned about.

I'm wondering what will happen to Azabuike, I've heard the Knicks are thinking of releasing him to make room for JJ Skinny. I hope they reconsider & just drop Roger Mason instead if there's any hope that Buike could be ready to play anytime soon.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Walker needs consistent minutes. Early in the season when he wasn't being played I was wondering why since he had a good season with us last season. He needs to keep play him because that's when he does more than just shoot threes (which he's pretty good at, but I want more from him).

mafra

Legend
Walker needs consistent minutes. Early in the season when he wasn't being played I was wondering why since he had a good season with us last season. He needs to keep play him because that's when he does more than just shoot threes (which he's pretty good at, but I want more from him).

Walker and Williams and Fields have more to offer than just shoot the 3, even though they've shot it well. Go with the hot hand and let them compete for playing time.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
In that case I'd argue that getting Walker makes losing Nate look like the wisest move ever.

At the end of the day I'm wondering if Nate realizes that he's going to have to do more than be the small little guy who dunks to become a respected player in this league

STAT1

Starter
In that case I'd argue that getting Walker makes losing Nate look like the wisest move ever.

At the end of the day I'm wondering if Nate realizes that he's going to have to do more than be the small little guy who dunks to become a respected player in this league

I thought Nate was well on his way towards becoming a lot more than just a novelty after his experience in Boston. He was playing defense & playing under control, 2 things he was never doing here because he was granted too much freedom in this system. If he catches on with a team with a highly structured system then I think he'd be better off than he would catching on somewhere he'd be free to jack up shots at will.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I thought Nate was well on his way towards becoming a lot more than just a novelty after his experience in Boston. He was playing defense & playing under control, 2 things he was never doing here because he was granted too much freedom in this system. If he catches on with a team with a highly structured system then I think he'd be better off than he would catching on somewhere he'd be free to jack up shots at will.
Yeah. And remember when Mike had to start Nate as the PG? He did a GREAT job and paced himself well. Nate will be Nate with his dancing and all that, but when he comes down to it he loves the game and doesn't complain about being benched and how many minutes he gets. I think his time in Boston did help him, but I don't think he was the head case on the Knicks people made him out to be.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think you're right. I think he, like most players, really benefits when there's a strong veteran leadership presence on the team. If Nate were on the Knicks today he'd be a far more effective player than he was before because he'd have Chauncey and Amar'e to kinda direct him, as opposed to his days with Isiah (lol) and D'Antoni who never really used him well.

It was just frustrating to watch him back when he played for us because it seemed as if he was OK with losing as long as he won a dunk contest here or there

STAT1

Starter
I think you're right. I think he, like most players, really benefits when there's a strong veteran leadership presence on the team. If Nate were on the Knicks today he'd be a far more effective player than he was before because he'd have Chauncey and Amar'e to kinda direct him, as opposed to his days with Isiah (lol) and D'Antoni who never really used him well.

It was just frustrating to watch him back when he played for us because it seemed as if he was OK with losing as long as he won a dunk contest here or there

I agree. I wouldn't even mind bringing back Nate to be a scoring energizer off the bench, he's a much more dynamic scorer than Toney Douglas, but not as good a defender obviously. Not sure how that would mesh with MDA tho. Those 2 didn't exactly seem to see eye to eye on things while he was here. He's probably better off in OKC playing with Westbrook & Durant. Those guys can contend for the West now w/their new muscle upfront.