Bibby to heat

knicksin60

Starter
I thought superstars were the ones who gave role players the desire to join forces with them! Even with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, the Knicks still get no love from the rest of the league when players like Bibby and Murphy don't have them on their preference list.

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
Not good for the Knicks. Now they have a lot of guys on the team who could consistently hit the 3 ball to surround their stars and a legit pg in Bibby. Great pickup for them.

We should pick up Arroyo when the heat release him.

No we shouldn't he's overrated trash, he's been shooting so high because of WIDE OPEN looks from LeBron. He can't create his on shot or a shot for others which we don't want from our backup pg. He's a limited version of Douglas with less passing ability and no 3pt shot.

KingofNy

Starter
I'll pass on him. They should have picked up Sundiata Gaines, but NJ already picked him up.

I agree I would of loved for us to pick up Gaines as well but as you said he is no longer an option. I know we need some bigs but we also need a true backup PG. Douglas is a SG, he shouldn't be running the point as he's not great at controlling an offense. If you don't want Arroyo, who do you guys think we should get to back up Billups? We need some PG depth.

KBlack25

Starter
We need a 20 minutes per game PG who can pass and doesn't need to be shooting the ball to play his game. I don't know who is out there, but Bibby would have been nice.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If TJ Ford is bought out we should sign him for the rest of the year. He can run an offense and can play a good 20 minutes, not to mention he can draw a decent number of fouls and hit some free throws

KingofNy

Starter
If TJ Ford is bought out we should sign him for the rest of the year. He can run an offense and can play a good 20 minutes, not to mention he can draw a decent number of fouls and hit some free throws

I could see Ford playing in orange and blue. If we can't get Ford I would love for us to try and get Powe. He would give us a much needed presence in the post and a good 6 fouls a game with some quality boards. I'm not sold on JJ, so I hope the second piece makes up for losing Azu and Brewer. I'm still shocked that we dropped Brewer...... I was expecting him to be our sixth man... He's so underrated I don't think Walsh even knew how good he was. Some lucky team just caught a nice break being able to scoop him up for cheap.

KingofNy

Starter
Keep reading TJ Ford is going to be bought out. What do you think about him?

We're one of like 15 teams that want him. I guess he's still negotiating his buyout and that he won't sign it until he knows for sure a team will sign him. I don't think it will be that big of a problem for him though as like 10 teams are looking for his services. Hopefully we can scoop him up but he'll likely go to one of the better contenders like the rest of the "good" buyouts will go. We'll probably end up with JJ and some D-Leaguer..LOL

miked1958

Rotation player
yes that is a really good one for the heat. they may have just saved their season. he could be the one that keeps them glues together down the stretch of a game where now they have faltered against the elite teams. Darn, they are the team you love to see fail and now they have soddered a spot on the roster that can only help them.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Id rather Jason Kapono if hes bought out. He is a poor mans Gallo. A very poor mans Gallo but D'Ant will love him. And the more Im reading the more I want the D-League Sean Williams. With the veteran presence around him maybe he can turn it around mentally and not be as difficult. :crossfingers:

C-Sean Will
PF-STAT
SF-Melo
SG-Fields
PG-Billups

Bench:
Douglas
Shawne Will
Jeffries
Kapono
Carter
Turiaf
Walker

Inactives:
Shelden
Mason
Rautins

I can completely live with that. I think Kapono would thrive with D'Antoni

mafra

Legend
MIKE BIBBY: Hard to claim him on waivers b/c he's due 6 million next year. If you claim a player you assume his existing contract. NO WAY we want Bibby taking up 6 mil.

Give Bibby credit. He's giving up 6 mil so he can play in the post season this eyar. ALSO, The Heat have no remaining cap space or salary-cap exceptions, they can offer no more than a pro-rated share of the league minimum... And he wont get a deal worth 6 mil if/when next year begins.

BIBBY knows he can start in MIA. IN NY he would be a backup.

TROY MURPHY: I HAVE NO IDEA why we would let him clear waivers. That would be stupid. Why even risk him going to BOS or MIA? We need rebounding. He can shoot the 3 (MDA loves that). He has 0 coming to him next year. Only costsus money.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I like Anthony Carter. Im not so serious about getting another backup. Im more worried about size, like picking up Barron or luckily getting Murphy. If Miami releases Juwan Howard or Dexter Pittman I would scoop one of them up, Pittman is young talent with some size and Howard is experienced with some size also. Were a center away from being up there with the best for a 7 games series.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Id take troy murphy in a heatbeat. Bibby would have been a nice pick-up for us too but i really want to see what Tony Douglas can do with Mr. Big Shot as his teacher. I feel Billups can help tony become a much better reader of the game. He just needs a little direction as he has got the skills to become a solid PG.