Apparently we released Corey Brewer

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
Knicks Buyout Brewer, Contenders Line Up Interest

Feb 28, 2011 17:15 PM EST
Brewer_Corey_min_091101.jpg
The Knicks have decided to buyout Corey Brewer, who was acquired last week from Minnesota.
The Celtics, Spurs, Mavericks and Thunder are all interested in Brewer.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)
Corey Brewer, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks, NBA, NBA Signing Rumor, NBA Misc Rumor, NBA Waiver
Read the Full StoryDiscussSend FeedbackBuy Tickets

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...wer_Contenders_Line_Up_Interest#ixzz1FIlKUS00

I dont understand the reasoning behind this. I feel that he could have been a valuable asset and could help us 5x more than Roger Mason, and 2x more than Balkman, Im pretty disappointed by this.

KDog13

Rookie
Really Mason, Carter, Williams, Balkman are better then Brewer? We are just feeding contenders assets. Carter n Mason should of been gone for 2 big men....smh

NYKnicks15

Starter
Two things lead to this decision..

ONE- Renaldo has years left which would lead to cap hurt buy out or none. Mason and Azubuike were not interested in recieving a buy out and hence the all mighty dollar spoke.

TWO- All those players you have stated might not be as young or gifted as Corey but they know their role. They know they can put those guys in at minutes we deem fit whenever that might be. What would be the point of keeping a disgruntled young guy (like Randolph) when we can save some money and get the roster spot we need at the moment for Jeffries.

Do I think he is more GIFTED than all those players named? YES. but right now (when we werent going to resign him regardless) we had no need for him. Too many players already who we give minutes to that play marginal defense and chuck up shots.

8FOR!3

Rookie
I like the Knicks, so I hate to say that I'm glad to see him on the free agent market, but as a Spurs fan I definitely am. I honestly think we have a legit shot of picking him up right now and that would be huge for us to have him as a backup SF. He would be big in the playoffs being able to guard the likes of Dirk and Durant. I really don't understand while ya'll are getting rid of him though. I guess he just doesn't fit in with the system well? He's not the best scorer in the world, average shooter. But then again, Balkman can't shoot either and as a Spurs fan I can understand what having Roger Mason on your team has to be like. He was doing a great job for a while, but once Pop tried to turn him into a PG I used to cringe every time he saw the floor.

I hope this is false reporting

What happens if someone gets hurt! This guy is good, played a key role on two national championship teams! I hope Walsh isn't this dumb. Roger Mason is useless, and balkman can't hit a shot to save his life! Plus we could have had Brewer for the qualifying offer next year, so he could be one of the few trade chips we have! I thought this guy was a key part of the deal. His teamates in Minnesota rave about him. WHYYYYYY?

KingofNy

Starter
Fellas, Fellas, we trust in Donnie. Let him work he hasn't let us down yet.

I'm starting not to trust Donnie... If it were up to Donnie we wouldn't even have Melo and Billups now and AR and Brewer would of both had a chance to prove themselves on the court before being traded/bought-out. This decision really boggles me...

There better be a good reason a.k.a Troy Murphy for us to release him over guys like "never seen the court" Rautins or "I can't hit a shot if my life depended on it" Balkman, otherwise this move will go down as a failure under Donnie's belt. People act like Donnie's a God or something. He made a few good moves and got us under the cap but now's the time to pick up some role players and it seems like he's not aggressive in picking up pieces to help us this season. I mean we could of had a good proven Big (Earl Barron) and he ends up signing with the Bucks because Walsh sat on the opportunity. I think he's so used to saving money that he's afraid to go out and get us any help.

I for one am thankful for what Walsh has done but I definitely won't be sad when he's gone. He's getting old anyways, maybe it's time to get a younger GM as long as his first name isn't Isiah.

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
Our depth is getting worse and worse with each passing hour tonight. First Brewer, now Azu...Who's next? UGGHH.

KingofNy

Starter
no, he can't. we don't need shooters anyway, but defense...

Brewer is better at defense than offense. He averaged almost 2 steals a game this year in 45+ games of limited minutes. This move is most likely going to be a big mistake. The Azu move was just as bad IMO unless his injury wasn't improving.

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
What do you guys think about picking up Arroyo as a backup. With Miami picking up Bibby, he might not be a bad option to back up Big Shot Billups.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Why waive Azubuike and Brewer when we could've waived Mason Jr.? I could see waiving Azubuike if his injury really did not improve, but Brewer?