So apparently Azubuike is ready to return...

KingofNy

Starter
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211490/Azubuike_Near_Return

He might not be as good as used to be, but I'm hoping he'll make some kind of impact. I know he most likely would not be resigned, but hey maybe with his strength, he'll help us finish strong.

...This is of course hoping D'antoni will let him play.

I heard that he's not even close to coming back and that he might never play a game as a NYK. It seems like a report has been coming out every 2 weeks for the last 2 months that Azu is close to returning yet each time they have been wrong.

It would be nice to get him back with a few games to spare before the playoffs...He would definitely provide some much needed depth and could easily be our sixth man if he gets healthy and gets his legs back.

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
I thought they were going to buy him out. I personally think they should keep him. He's a good player and definitely a good player to have coming off the bench especially in this system.

iJoe

Rotation player
Anyone who saw Buike trying to run during the season has said he has about no chance of returning to even NBA bench form anytime soon.

The reason he's trying to hard is because he wants his salary. He was only signed to the end of this season anyway. There's always a possibility we can pick him up for the next.

Either way, there was no realistic reason to ever consider playing him this year.