did anyone else watch the knicks the last couple seasons...

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
where are all the threads wondering why we are bringing back the worst idea next to isiah, jared jeffries... i swear if he tries to rep allan houston's 20 ill rip my own head off, my last memory of jeffries was his final game in the ot loss at home to the kings. First he lets evans blow by him and then he shoots an almost air ball when left open beyond the arc, your that open because everyone knows you will not make it. Please someone tell me this is just a bad dream and jeffries will just keep his dumbass retired.

smokes

Huge Member
where are all the threads wondering why we are bringing back the worst idea next to isiah, jared jeffries... i swear if he tries to rep allan houston's 20 ill rip my own head off, my last memory of jeffries was his final game in the ot loss at home to the kings. First he lets evans blow by him and then he shoots an almost air ball when left open beyond the arc, your that open because everyone knows you will not make it. Please someone tell me this is just a bad dream and jeffries will just keep his dumbass retired.

Jeffries was green lit to take the 3 by coach as was every single player we had at that time (remember a guy called Duhon?). And although I don't want to defend Jeffries offense (which is admittedly horrible) he was actually shooting a good 3 point % in those months before he was traded, surprisingly.

And I'm not sure how you can bitch on him a 240 pound 6'11 guy getting blown by, by one of the fastest and most exciting rookies in a long time (ROTY).

Jeffries, playing within his role as a 5 rebound, 5 foul, 1 block, 1 steal guy off the bench is a good addition to our current team. As long as we don't let him shoot its all good.

skisloper

Starter
I never like j effries in the role designed for him.
Remember those days we needed scoring for anyone an d everyone

Right now we can not afford melo , bill ups or amare to get into foul trouble.

Jeffries is very capable at guarding guards from the other team.

Tonight he would have made it tougher for Nelson.

Sole reason I hope for his return is defensive positioning.

Lets see if he plays tomorrow and he guards Chris Paul

He is a frustrating defender for a 6'2 guard to play against

I pretty much turned my back on the NBA during the past 10 years, but I never stopped watching, pulling, & dreaming that New York would return to 90's form as serious contenders. It's just, come playoff time over the past 10 or so years, other than getting swept by NJ.. I cant remember the last playoff game I actually watched. Trying to watch a playoff game over the years just hurt too much.

I could never stop thinking about the good times with Harper, Starks, Mason, Oakley & Ewing. The rivalries we shared with MJ23, Pippen & the Bulls, Reggie, Smitz & the Pacers & Mourning, Hardaway & the Heat were memories that I thought I'd never get back. We never won a title, but those were good times for me as a Knicks fan growing up from a little kid to a grown man.

Billups, Fields, Carmelo & Stoudemire has me feeling like a kid again. NY as contenders with Chicago, Miami & Orlando reminds me of the 90's all over again. I love it. I went to sleep last night, after the ORL loss; feeling thankful that we're relevant.

Balkman and Jeffries back, Frye and Isiah to follow in the summer - I swear! :teeth:

Isiah's first move: Trading Fields, Turiaf and a 1st rnd pick for Frye

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
im not bitching just the last couple seasons with him were a nightmare maybe not completly his fault... its funny though because the only memory i have of jeffries and melo is jared choking him out lol