View Poll Results: Which player would you rather have?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Paul

    17 51.52%
  • Deron Williams

    16 48.48%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 143

Thread: Hornets @ Knicks 3/2 7:30

  1. #91
    Member SELDOM-SEEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Notes on Jefferies:

    He can clog the lane well!

    We miscommunicated and made the wrong defensive switches too often, hence Jack getting so many good looks. But Jefferies ability to relocate to the post/key/high post quickly was what stopped West and Landry from posting and Paul from penetrating. He changed the game in that regard.

    If not for Jack, the Hornets would have been lucky to drop 80.

    He's an excellent help defender and incredibly active.

    Offensively, he's a ****ing muppet But we already knew that and it's not like we don't have 2 offensive powerhouses.

    Like him or not, The Giraffe is a keeper.

    Until we find a true center..then the giraffe goes back to the zoo

  2. #92
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Great effort from our Knicks.

    I'm a fan of the Hornets too since their Charlotte days (Muggsy is also my favorite player of all-time). I follow them and, I have no idea what's going on with Paul lately. If I didn't see him before and heard he's great I'd think he's average. Sad. Whether he continues to play like this or not when he's a free agent, the Knicks should not go after him. Not just because I'd like him to stay on the Hornets, but we REALLY should go after a center the most. A back-up PG would make it even better for us. Stoudemire's knees aren't keeping him from being explosive, but he still should get rest. Chris Paul's knee might be in a worse situation. We don't want two superstars with big knee problems in the past. Shouldn't try to give him that kind of money unless he heals that much or changes up his game.

    I like the chants from the Garden lately. The Roger Mason one is funny haha.

    I loved the rebounding tonight. Effort isn't always gonna get you the rebound, but it drastically improves your chances.

  3. #93
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I would be very thankful if anybody got me screen shots of Vanessa Hudgens sitting in her seat and at half-time.

  4. #94
    Member SELDOM-SEEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    @SELDOM-SEEN; I agree on all counts about Gasol, he would help us in more ways than one & NY would compete for a championship next year with Gasol (I still think we can compete this year), but it won't be easy getting Marc Gasol though, because he's a restricted FA. I hope we can land Gasol though, & focus on our depth coming off the bench. Billups, Fields, Carmelo, Stoudemire & Gasol would make for a great starting 5. Imrpve the bench, become two deep @ every position & the Knicks would be on the berge of winning the East & taking home court during the playoffs.
    I'm praying that Donnie "The Hustler" Walsh can make a way to land that dude he is our perfect fit at center

  5. #95
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by SELDOM-SEEN
    KINGOFNY...No disrespect to anyone but that's all I've been saying from jump... I don't like JJ that is my opinion then I get jumped and insulted on a forum..Knock it off ...I'm gonna fire back at whoever jumps in going at me...its the internet grow up fools...The giraffe is JJ did anyone call those posters making fun of him..... what makes me special? is it that I'm new here... I maybe new to this forum but backing down internet punks and putting them on display is an old hobby...and i never get tired of it

    I hear ya man... I think you took it wrong tho... I was basically saying everyone should just drop it and that everyone should be able to voice their own opinion. I personally don't like JJ or Antoni. I was just saying that it doesn't get you guys anywhere by arguing back and forth. It's practically useless....But like I said quite comical.

  6. #96
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Amazing win by the Knicks. I really loved the defensive effort out there. We really need our bench to step up every game much like in this one. Jeffries actually impressed me with the hustle, as long as no one passes him the ball I'm happy. Looks like Shawne and Fields are getting out of their mini slumps as well.

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    if we lose to the cavs again and gonna take back the knicks gear i just purchased


    how the **** u a boss? U aint even got 20 posts yet

    neg rep
    Did it really take you that long to neg him?

    Nevertheless funny thread, lol @ this troll. let's keep him around.

  7. #97
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [quote=skisloper;163842]
    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    Why has this thread turned into a bad remake of a blaxploitation movie from the 70's?



    I am sure someone will blame it on D'Antonio
    Haha! That was good.

  8. #98
    Member SELDOM-SEEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I hear ya man... I think you took it wrong tho... I was basically saying everyone should just drop it and that everyone should be able to voice their own opinion. I personally don't like JJ or Antoni. I was just saying that it doesn't get you guys anywhere by arguing back and forth. It's practically useless....But like I said quite comical.
    I understood you're not in this lol...I know but to me its funny because I got called this and that because of my beliefs and I never said I hated the Knicks the real reason I'm here in the first place is because I love the Knicks


    I just dont like one player I wish Corey Brewer was still here he's better suited then Jeffries in my opinion....D'Antoni needs to leave to or hire a good defensive asst coach in the off season his score,score,score mentality wont work in the new eastern conference NY needs defense to win it all

  9. #99
    Member SELDOM-SEEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    LOL I couldn't stop laughing at you after this post.I don't think I even have to give a 30 percent effort to rebut anything that you say.You do an excellent job of making yourself look like an absolute joke.You should audition to be the next Coco the Clown at the Bertram Mills Circus.
    Why do you respond...You must be a closet fan?...sorry Fan Registration is closed.....The only circus for any true Knicks fan comes to MSG..."Ringling Bros" you 2nd rate jackwad get lost

  10. #100
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    JJ is improving our defensive effort and thats what we need on Defense players see someone drawing a handful of charges and playing hard on the glass and they follow suit thats why im loving the signing of JJ. best part though was seeing the chemistry starting to fall into place, Melo and STAT seem to be figuring it out and are getting closer to making it work. my favorite part was seeing Mason get some burn and knock down shots, i hope he gets consistent minutes and gets to show how he could help off the bench, impressive win

    but can we please beat the ****in cavs?
    In general I was pleased by what I saw out of JJ Skinny. He didn't look to score at all, just played defense & made hustle plays. That's all I ever want to see him doing out there. If he can remain in that type of role I have no problem with him getting minutes in this system. We need role players that can put in work without having to get any touches on offense. We have enough scoring power, Jeffries can fill some of the holes we needed to be filled w/his defense & hustle. I hated that guy in the past because of his contract & limited production, but for what he's making now he's a pretty good value. Him & AC add some good defense which helps this team be more balanced.

  11. #101
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Amazing win by the Knicks. I really loved the defensive effort out there. We really need our bench to step up every game much like in this one. Jeffries actually impressed me with the hustle, as long as no one passes him the ball I'm happy. Looks like Shawne and Fields are getting out of their mini slumps as well.



    Did it really take you that long to neg him?

    Nevertheless funny thread, lol @ this troll. let's keep him around.

    I agree that it was an amazing win. This is the type of confidence builder our team needed. It really felt like Melo and Stat and the rest of the guys really jelled tonight and it helped that we got production from our bench. In Orlando our bench only scored 11, so it was nice to see them do work. Our D has been improving as well.

    JJ is another story... It's going to take more than a few games and a ton of effort on JJ's part before I go and say it was good we picked him up. IMO a lot of us still have hard feeling against him because of his past... People that don't understand that obviously didn't watch him play much during his last tenure (06-09). Hopefully he'll end up proving us wrong but until then I'm still skeptical as he showed flashes of that past for a few minutes tonight but all in all he played ok.

  12. #102
    Member SELDOM-SEEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    In general I was pleased by what I saw out of JJ Skinny. He didn't look to score at all, just played defense & made hustle plays. That's all I ever want to see him doing out there. If he can remain in that type of role I have no problem with him getting minutes in this system. We need role players that can put in work without having to get any touches on offense. We have enough scoring power, Jeffries can fill some of the holes we needed to be filled w/his defense & hustle. I hated that guy in the past because of his contract & limited production, but for what he's making now he's a pretty good value. Him & AC add some good defense which helps this team be more balanced.
    You know what I cant be mad at your comment thats your belief..maybe he will grow on me I know from the past I hated him and that sentiment is still in my heart...I cant go from booing to rooting overnight I'm no JJ fan wasnt then and Im not one now....he has to earn my admiration one game wont do it for me

  13. #103
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by SELDOM-SEEN
    I understood you're not in this lol...I know but to me its funny because I got called this and that because of my beliefs and I never said I hated the Knicks the real reason I'm here in the first place is because I love the Knicks


    I just dont like one player I wish Corey Brewer was still here he's better suited then Jeffries in my opinion....D'Antoni needs to leave to or hire a good defensive asst coach in the off season his score,score,score mentality wont work in the new eastern conference NY needs defense to win it all
    I don't even bother responding to people when they get mad when I say stuff like Antoni mismanages his roster and style of play but I learned it's easier to let it go and be bigger than the other person.

    As far as missing Brewer you are exactly right, Antoni and Walsh screwed the pooch on that one. What's funny is that AR is better than both Brewer and Jeffries but he never really got a shot and then ended up getting traded for a guy that Antoni basically forced out the door. So, we traded a ton of assets for nothing...If people don't get that I'm not even gonna bother arguing with them. You see what I'm sayin?

  14. #104
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by SELDOM-SEEN
    Why do you respond...You must be a closet fan?...sorry Fan Registration is closed.....The only circus for any true Knicks fan comes to MSG..."Ringling Bros" you 2nd rate jackwad get lost
    Was your original comeback so lame that you had to edit your post? Funny how you can't even articulate an insult correctly.

  15. #105
    Member Sons of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    In general I was pleased by what I saw out of JJ Skinny. He didn't look to score at all, just played defense & made hustle plays. That's all I ever want to see him doing out there. If he can remain in that type of role I have no problem with him getting minutes in this system. We need role players that can put in work without having to get any touches on offense. We have enough scoring power, Jeffries can fill some of the holes we needed to be filled w/his defense & hustle. I hated that guy in the past because of his contract & limited production, but for what he's making now he's a pretty good value. Him & AC add some good defense which helps this team be more balanced.
    I completely agree with you re: JJ but I have to wonder whether Brewer could have done that same job. Maybe he would have been disgruntled while doing it? Are we paying JJ a considerable amount less than Brewer and thereby saving money? No, that's not possible because we bought out his contract. I wish we had some closure on this issue, because I think a lot of people are left scratching their heads on the whole thing.

    As for the great offensive production from the supporting cast tonight, I wonder how good/motivated that NO team actually is. I'd love to see those kinds of performances continue against some of the better teams.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks - 40
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2011, 09:10
  2. Knicks Article on free agency update
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2010, 00:28
  3. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 08:03
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2009, 20:23
  5. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 18:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •