Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: I don't want CP3 or Howard during 2012's offseason...

  1. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    Amare and Howard are two totally different players. Naturally Howard plays the low block. Amare plays the high post. Their positions on the floor compliment each others game if anything.



    This makes absolutely no sense. These guys are basketball players, not robots. Amare has developed his game so much over the past two years. He has a wet mid-range shot. If the ball is in the post, and you double Howard, you have Melo, Amare, Fields and douglas open, all able to knock down the shot. Amare shoots just as much jumpers as bosh, and shoots over 50% forom the field.



    If we get paul, and still get outrebounded, we lose. The Lakers didnt win a championship with a 'chris paul' type player, they did it with Gasol, Kobe, Odom, Artest, Bynum. The celtics made rondo who he is, he didnt make them. Rondo benefits mostly from his teammates. With howard, melo, stat and fields, we can make douglas into our rondo.



    Who cares if it makes STAT better, it makes the knicks better. It gives the knicks the best chance to win an NBA championship. Howard brings more to the table than Paul. Size matters, and having the best centre in the NBA makes us the best team in the NBA.




    Fields is our starting shooting guard. Who would play the 5? Who will help in the rebounds? Who blocks the shots? If Amare is in foul trouble, who protects the paint? Who plays the interior defense? A few more assists, and 1 or 2 more steals per game will not get us a championship. Rebounds, blocks, a former defensive player of the year, Superman Howard, will definitley complete our team more than paul will.
    I hate when people just want to disagree with the majority just because....
    Co-sign! Well said

  2. #62
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    Amare and Howard are two totally different players. Naturally Howard plays the low block. Amare plays the high post. Their positions on the floor compliment each others game if anything.



    This makes absolutely no sense. These guys are basketball players, not robots. Amare has developed his game so much over the past two years. He has a wet mid-range shot. If the ball is in the post, and you double Howard, you have Melo, Amare, Fields and douglas open, all able to knock down the shot. Amare shoots just as much jumpers as bosh, and shoots over 50% forom the field.



    If we get paul, and still get outrebounded, we lose. The Lakers didnt win a championship with a 'chris paul' type player, they did it with Gasol, Kobe, Odom, Artest, Bynum. The celtics made rondo who he is, he didnt make them. Rondo benefits mostly from his teammates. With howard, melo, stat and fields, we can make douglas into our rondo.



    Who cares if it makes STAT better, it makes the knicks better. It gives the knicks the best chance to win an NBA championship. Howard brings more to the table than Paul. Size matters, and having the best centre in the NBA makes us the best team in the NBA.




    Fields is our starting shooting guard. Who would play the 5? Who will help in the rebounds? Who blocks the shots? If Amare is in foul trouble, who protects the paint? Who plays the interior defense? A few more assists, and 1 or 2 more steals per game will not get us a championship. Rebounds, blocks, a former defensive player of the year, Superman Howard, will definitley complete our team more than paul will.
    I hate when people just want to disagree with the majority just because....
    Hold on a sec, bub. Who said I was disagreeing just because? Can I have an opinion? Are there not a few different ways to look at this? Do we all have to agree with YOU or else we are being difficult?

    You thinking Douglas will be a Rondo type player shows how much you know about any of this. We cant just make Douglas into Rajon Rondo. Rondo was an incredible pick up buy the Celtics who hit a homerun in the scouting department. If you feel comfortable with Douglas and Fields as a Championship caliber front court, than we will be waiting another decade for a title here.

    If I am disagreeing "just because", then what about all the other basketball insiders who are actually agreeing with ME on this about Deron Williams/Paul.

    Go write an email to them about how they are disagreeing with your extensive knowledge and absolute certainty that I am wrong in this. Apparently I am so wrong you had to pick out everything single comment I made and put YOUR sarcastic spin on it, .... just because.

    I wasn't challenging anyone, I was offering a different perspective and my own personal thoughts. I DO NOT think Howard and STAT will work well together.... I also think their styles will cause friction between the two of them because they styles ARE similar, regardless of position.

  3. #63
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheNYdude
    Hold on a sec, bub. Who said I was disagreeing just because? Can I have an opinion? Are there not a few different ways to look at this? Do we all have to agree with YOU or else we are being difficult?

    You thinking Douglas will be a Rondo type player shows how much you know about any of this. We cant just make Douglas into Rajon Rondo. Rondo was an incredible pick up buy the Celtics who hit a homerun in the scouting department. If you feel comfortable with Douglas and Fields as a Championship caliber front court, than we will be waiting another decade for a title here.

    If I am disagreeing "just because", then what about all the other basketball insiders who are actually agreeing with ME on this about Deron Williams/Paul.

    Go write an email to them about how they are disagreeing with your extensive knowledge and absolute certainty that I am wrong in this. Apparently I am so wrong you had to pick out everything single comment I made and put YOUR sarcastic spin on it, .... just because.

    I wasn't challenging anyone, I was offering a different perspective and my own personal thoughts. I DO NOT think Howard and STAT will work well together.... I also think their styles will cause friction between the two of them because they styles ARE similar, regardless of position.
    I think you have some valid points, I also think having 2 bigs like STAT & Dwight in the paint makes for a crowded situation. STAT needs spacing to be effective & he won't get that with Dwight Howard sharing the paint. Dwight & Melo would probably make for the better tandem, & CP3 & STAT the other. But in terms of which player I would rather have, I'd take Dwight Howard & then figure out the logistics later if I had to choose. Obviously though, this is all wishful thinking.

  4. #64
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    I think you have some valid points, I also think having 2 bigs like STAT & Dwight in the paint makes for a crowded situation. STAT needs spacing to be effective & he won't get that with Dwight Howard sharing the paint. Dwight & Melo would probably make for the better tandem, & CP3 & STAT the other. But in terms of which player I would rather have, I'd take Dwight Howard & then figure out the logistics later if I had to choose. Obviously though, this is all wishful thinking.
    I just want to win damnit. I don't care if we have Howard, CP3, Eddie Curry, Walt Frazier, or Brian Boitano at PG.

    We have these mental lapses where we do not respect other teams and let them take wide open 3's and let them come back in the 4th qtr. We literally need a 20 point lead entering the 4th to feel comfortable.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We cant wait ''another year" to compete for a freaking championship. We already have two superstars in Amare & Melo. Stop being greedy. Wait until 2012? Yeah... Ok. Amare & Melo won't be in their primes forever. If we can sign Marc Gasol; you pay the man. If we can sign DeAndre Jordan... You sign the man. This offseason. F 2012. I've waited way too long to begin with. I wanna compete with Boston, Chicago, Miami & Orlando NEXT yet. Adding a true center will do just that; put us in position to contend... NEXT year if not this year come playoff time.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    We cant wait ''another year" to compete for a freaking championship. We already have two superstars in Amare & Melo. Stop being greedy. Wait until 2012? Yeah... Ok. Amare & Melo won't be in their primes forever. If we can sign Marc Gasol; you pay the man. If we can sign DeAndre Jordan... You sign the man. This offseason. F 2012. I've waited way too long to begin with. I wanna compete with Boston, Chicago, Miami & Orlando NEXT yet. Adding a true center will do just that; put us in position to contend... NEXT year if not this year come playoff time.
    What would you rank Melo and Amare out of the Top 10 players in the league?

  7. #67
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    The Caps not going to drop down to 42 million...I don't know where you're getting your information from but I would double check it. We are in the middle of the road Cap wise compared to the rest of the NBA and David Stern loves these super teams... No way in hell does the league drop the cap more than a million or two. If anything I bet it ends up equaling out to be about the same as it is this year but they might end up making it a hard cap.
    Also,
    I do agree we don't need a third star but a bunch of NICE role players (14-18 PPG C, SG, PG) to compliment our all-stars. Our stars can make middle of the road guys play like all-stars due to attracting all the attention away from them. As everyone has seen so far, Miami's blue-print was kind of skewed. The trick is to get two bonafied all-stars and some complimentary players and let the role players sign for the vets minimum to get a ring. Miami just got one too many. This is also the reason that the Caps not going to drop significantly, the NBA makes all it's money off of the big markets being good (Lakers, Miami, Chicago, ect.) and they're not going to penalize them for making quality teams. IMO If anything the NBA will get rid of about 4 teams and keep the cap the same.

    I agree 100% I think that's why Cuban got so mad that the hornets participated in Free agency signings this year. The league saved the hornets just long enough so that it could be part of the 4 team contraction. That's the same reason the kings are planning to leave Sacramento, because they have to do something to avoid being a contracted team. My disagreement with you is that the cap would stay the same. I could honestly see them raise the cap to 70 million and making it a hard cap. It would allow the superteams to continue to exist, give most of the league the space needed to absorb players from the contracted teams, and lastly it would create the parity that all the smaller market teams continue to cry for.

  8. #68
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Idt Amare and Howard would work well together either.. Amare likes the lane clear when he gets the ball on the elbow or in the post. We need center to space the floor and shoot the ball from the outside. Moz would have been perfect.

    Paul is the move to make. Always was...

  9. #69
    Member YungMelo15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In my hoop dreams
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Im sorry but Dwight Howard is te best center in the game on DEFENSE!!! Offensively he is very talented, but with his skill set he would fit PEFECTLY here. He rebounds, which gives us more shots, and he clogs the middle, shot blocks and is an automatic threat for anybody even thinking about drivin the lane. He makes it SOO much easier to play team defense because he s always there. Dwight Amare and Melo will be unstoppable, billups at the point and fields at the 2. It will just take the right coaching and a wing stopper on the bench who is also a knockdown shooter like or raja bell. Thats champioship every year!!!

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ESPN just in. CP3 taken off the court in Cleveland on a stretcher. Knocked heads with Ramon Sessions. Had him all immobilized, supposedly didn't make much movements either.

  11. #71
    Member SoCal KnicksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by YungMelo15
    Im sorry but Dwight Howard is the best center in the game on DEFENSE!!! Offensively he is very talented, but with his skill set he would fit PEFECTLY here. He rebounds, which gives us more shots, and he clogs the middle, shot blocks and is an automatic threat for anybody even thinking about drivin the lane. He makes it SOO much easier to play team defense because he s always there. Dwight Amare and Melo will be unstoppable, billups at the point and fields at the 2. It will just take the right coaching and a wing stopper on the bench who is also a knockdown shooter like or raja bell. Thats champioship every year!!!
    That post is dead on and I couldn't agree with it more. I'm still SMH at those of you who wouldn't love to have him as Knick!!!

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by SoCal KnicksFan
    That post is dead on and I couldn't agree with it more. I'm still SMH at those of you who wouldn't love to have him as Knick!!!
    Especially with Amare's burgeoning mid range game, which really pisses me off as is, but if we got Howard...lol...would be beyond good.

    I actually cant comprehend how good we'd be with STAT and Howard...and Melo.

    Still prefer CP3 tho.

    There would never be an issue of game flow, confusion of roles, if guys are being the most effective and maximiZing their talents...Which is pretty huge on a team with two stars who are dynamic and score.

    CP3, Fields, Melo, Amare...and if you can't find an adequate C to complete the best starting 5 in the game...you should resign yourself as GM.

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    We cant wait ''another year" to compete for a freaking championship. We already have two superstars in Amare & Melo. Stop being greedy. Wait until 2012? Yeah... Ok. Amare & Melo won't be in their primes forever. If we can sign Marc Gasol; you pay the man. If we can sign DeAndre Jordan... You sign the man. This offseason. F 2012. I've waited way too long to begin with. I wanna compete with Boston, Chicago, Miami & Orlando NEXT yet. Adding a true center will do just that; put us in position to contend... NEXT year if not this year come playoff time.
    It's funny seeing this post after all of your posts about giving MDA a full offseason with this team....yet we should compete now still? Also, you say that the only way this defense can be good is with a true center....yet you don't want Howard (even though it's almost impossible) Okay.

  14. #74
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Especially with Amare's burgeoning mid range game, which really pisses me off as is, but if we got Howard...lol...would be beyond good.

    I actually cant comprehend how good we'd be with STAT and Howard...and Melo.

    Still prefer CP3 tho.

    There would never be an issue of game flow, confusion of roles, if guys are being the most effective and maximiZing their talents...Which is pretty huge on a team with two stars who are dynamic and score.

    CP3, Fields, Melo, Amare...and if you can't find an adequate C to complete the best starting 5 in the game...you should resign yourself as GM.
    I honestly don't see why any Knick fan in their right mind would want CP3.All we need now is defensive role players thats it.Oh yeah and a defensive minded coach.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I honestly don't see why any Knick fan in their right mind would want CP3.All we need now is defensive role players thats it.Oh yeah and a defensive minded coach.
    Say whuh? It's nice to think our evil worst coach ever will be canned, and the skies will part and this glorious knick team will reveal itself,

    But a world of hurt is upon many if that's the expectation. I'd be surprised if we didn't move further back as a result of any coaching change that Dolan authorizes post-MDA.

    Melo and Amare are looking like dysfunctional ****; with respect to how good they are individually, it's pathetic.

    Will it get better? Yes. Much better? Maybe. Will it improve to where it needs ti be and is expected to be? Who knows.

    CP3 = no questions asked about any of this. And the role players we get will bd made lethal weapons -- a la what Nash is able to do. And CP3 is doing, and has as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 11:06
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 25, 2008, 19:21
  3. New York Knicks at Orlando Magic Game Thread 12/26
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2008, 23:21
  4. Mardy Collins Offseason
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2007, 16:59
  5. Offseason Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Mar 10, 2006, 07:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •