Anthony Randolph-19 pts 10 boards

STAT1

Starter
Knew it wouldn't be long before this kid started putting up big statlines. First time he's played over 20 minutes since November 9th & he goes for almost 20 & 10. But yeah, we had no use for him.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He's had big games before he was on the Knicks. Don't know why anyone would be upset with the plays he made this season. Would have liked to see him play, but can't say I cared as much as wanting to see Mozgov play. With that said I hope Randolph has a great career.

Oh well, he's not a Knick anymore & we landed a superstar talent in Carmelo Anthony during a 3 team deal to make the trade happen.

What Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov, Randolph & Curry do from here on out are all moot points. We landed a top 5 star & a great veteran leader @ the point.

Curry had no future with NY.

Chandler was gone as a FA to begin with after the Melo addition. Chandler had to future with us.

Gallo would have been our 6th man off the bench regardless with the addition of Carmelo @ the SF position. Douglas will also make for a solid 6th man, with 6th man of the year type of ability/potential. Just look @ what TD did against the Bucks & Hornets tonight.

Mozgov was a rookie project @ the center position to begin with. A project player who was only averaging 4 points & 3 board. Even Jeffries put up like 6 rebounds during his 1st game back with NY.

You wanna blame the Knicks front office for the "loss" of Felton & Randolph? So be it. I'll accept both Melo & Billups with open arms.

STAT1

Starter
Oh well, he's not a Knick anymore & we landed a superstar talent in Carmelo Anthony during a 3 team deal to make the trade happen.

What Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov, Randolph & Curry do from here on out are all moot points. We landed a top 5 star & a great veteran leader @ the point.

Curry had no future with NY.

Chandler was gone as a FA to begin with after the Melo addition. Chandler had to future with us.

Gallo would have been our 6th man off the bench regardless with the addition of Carmelo @ the SF position. Douglas will also make for a solid 6th man, with 6th man of the year type of ability/potential. Just look @ what TD did against the Bucks & Hornets tonight.

Mozgov was a rookie project @ the center position to begin with. A project player who was only averaging 4 points & 3 board. Even Jeffries put up like 6 rebounds during his 1st game back with NY.

You wanna blame the Knicks front office for the "loss" of Felton & Randolph? So be it. I'll accept both Melo & Billups with open arms.

I'm definitely not blaming Knicks' front office for the loss of Felton & AR & this has nothing to do with not welcoming Melo & Billups. I'm as happy as you are that we now have those guys next to STAT, that's what I wanted all along.

Still, I can't help but to think if AR could have seen more of an opportunity to play while he was still here it stands to reason to me that he would have been able to put up the kinds of statlines he did in his time at GS & now starting to do for the T'Wolves, & we may not have had to give up all those pieces we did in the Melo deal to begin with. Maybe we're able to keep him & still get Melo & Chauncey, or maybe we're able to hold onto Gallinari or Wilson. Personally I hope he ends up being nothing but a huge bust for the rest of his career so I don't have to worry about what if's, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I wish him the best. We would have gotten rid of him anyways, but if he were doing this for us on a somewhat of a consistent basis, we could have prob given up less in the trade. Or we could have got more back.

We'll never know b/c he was never played....

knicksin60

Starter
Billy Walker and Earl Barron looked like Drexler and Olajuwon last year when they were playing meaningless games for the Knicks last year.

STAT1

Starter
Billy Walker and Earl Barron looked like Drexler and Olajuwon last year when they were playing meaningless games for the Knicks last year.

I dunno if you watched AR much in Golden State or not, but IMO he looked every bit as promising as Wilson or Gallinari did during the years the Knicks were struggling to win 30 games. I think he's got a MUCH bigger upside than Landry Fields too. That kid is talented & very capable of developing into a star player someday. Let's not forget he's still only 21 years old he's still got a long time to grow & mature as an NBA player. Comparing journeymen role players like Earl Barron to him is not even worthy of discussion.

TakMan

Rotation player
MDA if this kid blows up the only thing that'll keep me from hating you is a threepeat...

I understand and partly share the frustration surrounding this issue but don't forget that the Knicks recorded one of their easiest victories in a long time last night Vs a Western Conference Playoff team, conceding fewer than 90 points (shocking) whilst missing their star PG and playing their bench for the entire 4th quarter. Knicks gave up a lot for receiving Billups and Anthony but they are starting to look good all round now and not just in their offensive approach.

One last thing which I never thought I'd ever say: Jeffries and Carter are probably our best defensive players. There I said it.

Jeffries & Carter are both solid defensive players, but then again, so are Fields & Douglas. Amare may not be anything like a Dwight Howard, but Stoudemire is one hell of a shot blocker.

Speaking of defense, the Knicks allowed 90 points or less only two times this season after 60 games. The Knicks have allowed 90 points or fewer in 2 of 5 games since the trade. Against strong offensive attacks of the Heat & Horners too. Which makes it that much more impressive. Melo is also 10x the defender that Gallo ever was. Melo may not be known for his defense, but the dude can D up in pressure situations. He's also one of, if not the best SF rebounders in the league.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The problem with Randolph is not his abilities but being able to sustain his play over multiple games. There's a reason why he ended up in the dog house in Golden State and NY... He will have games where he puts up 20/10 but then he will have games where he becomes a team of 1, throwing up really bad shots and taking very dangerous physical risks with his body.... He is a loose cannon and until he can structure and harness his game he will always be that player that, from time to time, puts up numbers and everyone will wax on about his unrealized potential.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Who amoung us didn't think he was capable of games like that?

He should have been given a chance here I believe but he wasn't and that's that.

I think it is worth taking into account the opposition on this occassion as well. If he does this consistently then you might have a point, until that time it's just another knee jerk reaction metamorphised into a stick to beat MDA with after another win for his team.

A threepeat? When did we start sounding like the Miami Heat, I'll take one for now if we can get it thanks.

I'm glad he's gone he was stupid as shit.

This dude needs to go back to High School to learn basketball...we have some business to do, can't afford to teach a tall child the basics of basketball.

Stats don't tell the whole story...

tiger0330

Legend
Stupid trade, getting Brewer and then dropping him a week later. I blame it on D'Antoni, he practically forced Walsh to trade Randolph by benching him. Good for AR, looks like MN wants to give him playing time and give him a chance. I hope he beasts the rest of the way.

TakMan

Rotation player
Stupid trade, getting Brewer and then dropping him a week later. I blame it on D'Antoni, he practically forced Walsh to trade Randolph by benching him. Good for AR, looks like MN wants to give him playing time and give him a chance. I hope he beasts the rest of the way.

I was under the impression that the Knicks could not have acquired Anthony/Billups without involving Minnesota in the trade as they had a very big Eddy Curry sitting on a very big salary. Maybe I got that wrong.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
It was a dumb trade from the word go. I love that we have Melo and Billups, but as much as Denver's GM tried to make it look like they got raped, it was us who took an ass pounding. Not a big one, but we definitely sold too much.