Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predict the Knicks schedule from here on out. (23 games)

I love the way we matchup with bumston...

-Jeffries can shut down Rondo
    -Carmelo is younger, taller, stronger then Pierce...can tire out his old bones
    -Stat beasted on bumston w/o Perkins, nothing to worry about with Perkins gone

The ideal way to match up with them would be this...

Rondo - Jeffries
    Allen - Billups
    Pierce - Anthony
    Garnett - Fields
    Kristic/Shaq - Stoudemire

OK i might be gettin ahead of myself by sayin Fields should guard garnett but its not like Garnett tries to overpower anybody. Hes a soft jumpshot shooter, all Fields has to do is smother him

When Jeffries is not in the game i think i would put fields on Rondo. I've seen Billups get torched many times against rondo in the past but slower players do slow him down. We gotta take notes from the Lakers, they beat boston by puttin kobe on rondo. Obviously im not comparing fields defense to kobes but they key to beating boston is slowing down rondo. the celtics lost the finals because of rondo

The Magic - well we coulda had them the other night. Cant let Jameer go crazy next time, but the team is still learning to defend together and i do believe they will do a better job next time of defending the pick n roll

The Bulls - Havent played them yet with both Noah and Boozer, looking forward to seeing how the matchups play out.

Miami - scares me the least of the elite teams. Until they put their ego's aside and become more complete offensive players, they're going nowhere. Wade and Lebron both need to shoot 1000 3pointers everyday this summer. Both of them offensively are more predictable then a slow white boxer like Kelly Pavlik was against Bernard Hopkins.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I love the way we matchup with bumston...

-Jeffries can shut down Rondo
    -Carmelo is younger, taller, stronger then Pierce...can tire out his old bones
    -Stat beasted on bumston w/o Perkins, nothing to worry about with Perkins gone

The ideal way to match up with them would be this...

Rondo - Jeffries
    Allen - Billups
    Pierce - Anthony
    Garnett - Fields
    Kristic/Shaq - Stoudemire

OK i might be gettin ahead of myself by sayin Fields should guard garnett but its not like Garnett tries to overpower anybody. Hes a soft jumpshot shooter, all Fields has to do is smother him

When Jeffries is not in the game i think i would put fields on Rondo. I've seen Billups get torched many times against rondo in the past but slower players do slow him down. We gotta take notes from the Lakers, they beat boston by puttin kobe on rondo. Obviously im not comparing fields defense to kobes but they key to beating boston is slowing down rondo. the celtics lost the finals because of rondo

The Magic - well we coulda had them the other night. Cant let Jameer go crazy next time, but the team is still learning to defend together and i do believe they will do a better job next time of defending the pick n roll

The Bulls - Havent played them yet with both Noah and Boozer, looking forward to seeing how the matchups play out.

Miami - scares me the least of the elite teams. Until they put their ego's aside and become more complete offensive players, they're going nowhere. Wade and Lebron both need to shoot 1000 3pointers everyday this summer. Both of them offensively are more predictable then a slow white boxer like Kelly Pavlik was against Bernard Hopkins.
    Fields couldn't guard Garnett with a tennis racket in both hands. Bad match up.

Other than that. I got the Knicks winning 19 of their remaining games. I predicted a 50 win season earlier and I'm sticking to it...

lol i think your right, i was reachin on that. Im a big fan of the rest of those matchups but Fields on Garnett (pause) is a idiotic idea

Shawne williams would work better, i like fields but i honestly think he gets too many minutes and he might be a little bit overrated at this point of his career. I love his potential though, hes a smart young player that can shoot. He'll learn to become more assertive on the court and less hesitant in time. I could really see him increasing his ppg next year. It appears as if Donnie and Mike D plan on having him around for a while as their starting shooting guard. Otherwise he'd be with Denver right now

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    lol i think your right, i was reachin on that. Im a big fan of the rest of those matchups but Fields on Garnett (pause) is a idiotic idea

Shawne williams would work better, i like fields but i honestly think he gets too many minutes and he might be a little bit overrated at this point of his career. I love his potential though, hes a smart young player that can shoot. He'll learn to become more assertive on the court and less hesitant in time. I could really see him increasing his ppg next year. It appears as if Donnie and Mike D plan on having him around for a while as their starting shooting guard. Otherwise he'd be with Denver right now
    I think Toney Douglas and Anthony Carter can guard Rondo/Ray Allen fine. Melo against Paul Pierce is an even match (maybe slightly in our favor), and Jeffries on KG is fine by me on the defensive end.

^^

I like both them off the bench but theres probably more minutes available for Jeffries since Turiaf rarely plays big minutes and is injury prone. Billups does get around 30 minutes a game but in the playoffs he might get good minutes. Both those guys will probably play at the same time as billups at times, when fields is on the bench. That is a good point though, both those guys can make an impact defensively off the bench. I was shocked when Anthony carter got that block on wade

vs Cavs: L ()
    @ Hawks: L
    vs Jazz: W
    @ Memphis: L
    @ Mavs: W
    vs Pacers: W
    @ Pacers: W
    vs Memphis: L
    @ Pistons: W
    @ Bucks: L
    vs Celtics: L
    vs Magic: L
    vs Bucks: W
    @ Bobcats: L
    vs Nets: W
    vs Cavs: W (finally break the hoodoo when pro pride kicks in!)
    vs Raptors: W
    @ 76ers: L
    @ Nets: W
    vs Bulls: L
    @ Celtics: W

Banned

s Cavs: L ( )
    @ Hawks: W
    vs Jazz: L
    @ Mavs: W
    @ Bucks: W
    @ Bobcats: W
    vs Magic: W
    vs Nets: L
    vs Cavs: W ( !)
    @ Celtics: W ( HOPEFULLY! )

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Cavs: W
    @ Hawks: L
    @ Memphis: W
    @ Mavs: L
    vs Pacers: L
    vs Memphis: W
    vs Cavs: W
    vs Bulls: W
    @ Celtics:W

I see us going 14-8 if we're lucky. Our schedule isn't that bad at all other than playing the Celts twice, Mavs, Orlando and Bulls once and our schedule is relatively easy. That's the scary part... Our guys always show up for the big games and then slack off against weaker teams.
    Only one over .500 so far. Nice start.

Superstar

Default Expected???

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Thnx for the thought out replies. I can see us going 16-7 including the @ Indy gm.

I can see us doing much better though. We have a great big 3 & not every team has BIG's such as BOS ORL & CHI. If our D becomes consistant in keeping teams under 90-95 pts...

vs Cavs- W. Must win
    @ Hawks- W. Must win for the 5 seed
    vs Utah- W. No D-Will in MSG
    @ Memphis- L. Got us on the road
    @ Mavs- W. Both Amare & Melo @ the F positions could be too much for Dirk
    vs Pacers- W. Expected
    @ Pacers- W. Confidence & momentum
    vs Memphis- W. We return the favor @ home & split 1-1
    @ Pistons- W. Looks like a must win
    @ Bucks- W. Expected
    vs Celtics- W. They'll return the favor in Boston
    vs Magic- L. Emotions were too high
    vs Bucks- W. Expected sweep
    @ Bobcats- W. Expected
    vs Magic- W. Split 1-1
    vs Nets- W. Must win
    vs Cavs- W. Must win
    vs Raptors- W. Expected
    @ 76ers- W. Close one
    @ Nets- W. Must win
    @ Pacers- W. Expected
    vs Bulls- L. They get us
    @ Celtics- L. They returned the favor in Boston for the 1-1 sweep.

19-4 is my new goal
    Better go back through that list and Next to expected (win) better put and L. We dont play any D

Here's what I expect during the last several games -

vs Celtics: W
    vs Nets: L
    @ Celtics:L

6-9 for balance of season!

i'm going 10-5 for the rest of the way...that will give us 45 wins?

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    @ Hawks: W
    @ Mavs: L
    @ Pacers: L
    vs Memphis: W
    vs Celtics: W
    @ Bobcats: W
    @ Celtics: L

I have us going 15-7. I feel we can beat Memphis, 76ers, Pacers & Bucks but I just wanted to include some upsets when making predictions. I also have us upsetting the Celtics & Magic (twice).
    Ok I admit I was dead wrong, because after these last 10 games, I would have banked on the Knicks being 8-2.

I hope like hell the Knicks drive more to the basket, and are a lot more aggressive on the boards against the Celtics, or we are in for a long night.

vs Cavs:
    @ Hawks:
    vs Jazz:
    @ Memphis:
    @ Mavs:
    vs Pacers:
    @ Pacers:
    vs Memphis:
    @ Pistons:
    @ Bucks: