Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Knicks V Cavs - Fri, March 4

Banned

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    Agreed. We should of been far enough ahead by that point that a couple calls wouldnt cost us the game.

You would think that after losing to them last week that they would be dying to get another shot at them.....who knows maybe Cleveland just has our number!
    Im tellin you man, this team needs RIcky RUbio0o0o. He's legit and Billups could mentor him. ANd FU*K Baron Davis!

Veteran

Denver is 5-1 with 5 new guys so forget gelling and chemistry as an excuse. We are 2-3 with 2 superstars in the lineup and were a .500 team before we shipped our 4 guys to Denver, you could make a case that the common denominator is D'Antoni's coaching and system.

I wasnt gonna point any fingers but jeffries pretty much blew it, he had way to many mistakes. He gave up way to much on the pick and roll, but the play alot of people are overlooking is the last drive by melo. The lane opened, why in sam hell did JJ go through the lane, (spread the floor) it was his defender who drew the charge. STAT had a bad defensive night too BTW. I know its a rebuilding process but yo play for the moment! Bad coaching down the strecth along with the team defense is why we caught that L.
    Last edited by YungMelo15; Mar 05, 2011 at 00:48. Reason: spelling error

Banned

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Denver is 5-1 with 5 new guys so forget gelling and chemistry as an excuse. We are 2-3 with 2 superstars in the lineup and were a .500 team before we shipped our 4 guys to Denver, you could make a case that the common denominator is D'Antoni's coaching and system.
    Eh I guess so, if only the Knicks had a defense.....

Superstar

Default You hit nail on the HEAD

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Can we please refrain from blaming the refs for this one. The truth is that the Knicks had a comfortable lead during the 4th and blew it by allowing the Cavs free perimeter shots and second chances while making disgusting decisions on offence. Even if some of the ref's decisions were dubious, we were playing a team the hasn't won away in 26 GAMES. If we refuse to see the team's flaws (which stare at us in the face almost every game) then we should change our name to D'Antoni and carry on as if everything is going according to plan.
    We were playing a team that had not tasted victory on the road in 26 games. whats that like almost a month plus not winning on the road? back early in the season when Cleveland had a 9game losing streak they played us and break the streak by beating us in OT. Then they go out and lose 27 in a row. they finally win, but still STINK and we lose to them AGAIN with our NEW LOOK Team 114-109 on their floor. Then they come to our house tonight riding a 26 game Road losing streak and again we let them whip us. Pretty bad to be the ONLY TEAM they beat among 35 or so losses and then be THE FIRST TEAM to lose to them after 26 road losses. PATHETIC
    Last edited by miked1958; Mar 05, 2011 at 01:49. Reason: mis spelled words

WTF?????

Statement game my ass!

Giving up 119 against ****ing Cleveland is a joke.

STAT is such a weak defender...it's not even funny anymore.

Our whole team defense was bull****!

Sorry for cursing around here, but I'm pissed!

Losing all 3 against the worst team in the league....can I get a break?

If we show up in Chitown with this type of defense we'll get swept by the Bulls.

Shame on our players they defended like morons!

Veteran

In a game like this I could only blame the coach.
    I have never had a negative email on D'Antonio but this
    game is on him.

I think its time for a change.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Also why was Shawn williams in during the last 5 minutes of the game. I know we hardly have a bench after the Melo trade but fields was playing well....we really need to rebuild our bench Williams and walker are 10-15 a minute players when they playing their best. Now they are getting 20-25 minutes a game regardless.
    Shawn Williams has lost all confidence when it comes to shooting....
    I loved the way Walker played against the heat....time to boost him up....

problem now is we have Balkman, Jeffries and Turiaf 3 no-offense players on the bench.......

Sheldon williams actually boxed out....

No excuses but we missed 20% (2 of a 10man rotation, more if we use less of a rotation) in Turiaf and Billups

Not to mention a leader and defensive impact player.

Coach figured this game can be won (out of the remaining) with a depleted roster and rolled the dice.

We still are geling but really we are learning how to play with different line ups.

It sucks, but our goal should be to make the playoffs and be clicking on all cylinders. Let's stay focused!

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    WTF?????

Statement game my ass!

Giving up 119 against ****ing Cleveland is a joke.

STAT is such a weak defender...it's not even funny anymore.

Our whole team defense was bull****!

Sorry for cursing around here, but I'm pissed!

Losing all 3 against the worst team in the league....can I get a break?

If we show up in Chitown with this type of defense we'll get swept by the Bulls.

Shame on our players they defended like morons!
    If things stay the same, we're playing the heat...

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

I agree Red. It's all a learning experience. This team will see growing pains, we'll go through a learning curve with two-three new starters in Billups, Melo & even Turiaf... The main focus is playing strong & heading into the playoffs with momentum, confidence & focus.

Cleveland L's behind us; this is still a team that can make noise & compete out of the East. We're only 3-3 since the trade, but the best of NY has yet to come. Still, with Amare & Carmelo... There is no reason to lose to the Cavs.

Hopefully Billups will give us a spark & we get hot starting with Atlanta. Thats still a big game on the road. Beat the Hawks & we're only 3 games back in the loss column for the 5 seed with over 20 games to go.

Superstar

Default ?

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    I agree Red. It's all a learning experience. This team will see growing pains, we'll go through a learning curve with two-three new starters in Billups, Melo & even Turiaf... The main focus is playing strong & heading into the playoffs with momentum, confidence & focus.

Cleveland L's behind us; this is still a team that can make noise & compete out of the East. We're only 3-3 since the trade, but the best of NY has yet to come. Still, with Amare & Carmelo... There is no reason to lose to the Cavs.

Hopefully Billups will give us a spark & we get hot starting with Atlanta. Thats still a big game on the road. Beat the Hawks & we're only 3 games back in the loss column for the 5 seed with over 20 games to go.
    All I hear you and Red saying are EXCUSES. We need time to GELL, Its all a Learning Experience, we are having Growing Pains, we will go through a Learning Curve???? These are Professionals. COME ON. Every other team in the NBA can figure out on their home floor how to embarrass these guys and all starters be sitting on sidelines laughing it up by the 3rd quarter in GARBAGE TIME. This team only has 12 wins!!!!! and 3 of them our to US!! Thats 25% of their wins!!! Against US! NO>> NO NO< not the Knicks, we cant dispose of them like 27 teams in a row did and about 34of35 did during their LONG losing streak (by the way we were the ONE in that 34of35) and we cant BLOW them out like 26other teams did in a row on their LONG never ending ROAD LOSING STREAK> NO. WE HAVE TO GELL... Thats bull. Guys with that much talent should know how to play a little D. I realize we did against the Heat and Hornets but we are to inconsisent. 3-3 since trade is not going to cut it. Look at Denver losing 2 of its starters and both HUGE STARS, do they need time to GELL, are they using the LEARNING CURVE EXCUSE... no, they are just 5-1 since the trade, and only the HIGHEST scoring team in the NBA, and oh they can play a little D as well. Save the excuses. THIS TEAM CANT PLAY D. Period. look how Philly is lets see....GELLING since they made a change to a more Defensive minded coaching staff. sometimes i think we were better off prior to the trade but realize we had to make that trade to take another step to get to the next level. BUt we will never get to the top unless they stop and go back to the drawing board when it comes to D. I am happy considering where we came from, but this is unacceptable for us to give up 119 to and 114 in 2 games to these guys. 233.. come on
    Last edited by miked1958; Mar 05, 2011 at 07:50.

One word: embarrassing!

Originally Posted by skisloper
    In a game like this I could only blame the coach.
    I have never had a negative email on D'Antonio but this
    game is on him.

I think its time for a change.
    I told you guys.We need a new coach we're never going to be championship contenders with D'antoni as our head coach.If we had Doug Collins as our coach we would be championship contenders.Sad thing is that i was actually starting to think D'antoni was actually starting to preach defense but the he just f**s it all up.

Originally Posted by YungMelo15
    I wasnt gonna point any fingers but jeffries pretty much blew it
    Don't forget about TD,he let sessions run right by him throughout the whole game.