Knicks V Cavs - Fri, March 4

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
Pissed that I didn't see the game, but the Cavs scoring 120 is unacceptable. I don't understand why NY can't hire a defensive coordinator if D'Antoni can't coach defense. Maybe they could hire Mike Brown as an assistant.

TakMan

Rotation player
Who do you blame for the loss when your team shoots near 60% from the field, has 9 blocks, 4 steals and 70+ points from your top two all-stars? The refs didn't call one foul our way the last 10 minutes. NOT ONE. If they did Amare would of broke 50 and melo would of had at least 6 more points.

Knicks may have shot near 60% from the field but compared to the Cavs near 60 from 3 point land that's nothing. Cavs also grabbed 16 offensive rebounds and had 21 assists compared to a mere 13 by the Knicks. I'd say when stats of this calibre or near enough are achieved by the NBA's worst team every time they play the Knicks, then ref decisions do not even enter the back of my head when trying to determine what lost the game.

STAT1

Starter
I thought Jeffries did an awful job covering B Diddy on the most crucial defensive situation. How do you give a dagger dealer like that all that room to get off a 3 when that's the ONE thing you don't wanna give up in that situation? I will literally never understand MDA's unnatural fascination with Jared Jeffries as a player. He has no business on the floor if he's not gonna play defense in the most crucial spot.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
I thought Jeffries did an awful job covering B Diddy on the most crucial defensive situation. How do you give a dagger dealer like that all that room to get off a 3 when that's the ONE thing you don't wanna give up in that situation? I will literally never understand MDA's unnatural fascination with Jared Jeffries as a player. He has no business on the floor if he's not gonna play defense in the most crucial spot.

Can't dispute that at all. In that situation you can NOT let the man have the space and time for a 3! I'd be giving him a lane to drive in all day long (hell it's not like we weren't giving them the lane before), but to let him take the 3 is just inconceivable.

I am feeling some legit angst here guys...the only thing that can solve this will be a good performance against ATL. We don't even have to necessarily win, but a solid defensive showing will make me happy. We all know that our team can put up monster numbers like tonight, but they really need to take care of things on the other end.

JohnBoy11

Banned
Ugh this is sooo aggravating, damn PhillyStackz blowin the game. Its insane.. the Knicks need to recover and recover FAST. 5th or 6th seed. Wish we could just trade for Rubio Or Marc Gasol right now... but theres a deadline for trades :couto:

iSaYughh

Starter
We need a very...very physical next game. Shed some blood on the court -- literally and figuratively.

I cant imagine many teams in the league don't view us as punks right now, and will try to start treating us like ones, too.

Sad, sad game.

No Billups (huge), Turiaf (very important), and our stating C is literally the most unproductive/worst in the entire league....

But gooooddayuummmmmm....

mafra

Legend
Just another slight against coach D'antoni. Jeffries is terrible. Corey Brewer, Mike Bibby, Rasual Butler, Troy Murphy, Powe, Barron... No. We sign JJ. How funny is it on his return home we allow 119 points.

For all you bitching about the refs... WAKE UP! Samuels had feet planted outside the circle. It was great coaching from Scott. He bested Dantidiot. Knew exactly what our fool coach was calling for, and had his team ready. A charge all the way.

I realize we need time to gel. We need Billups. I don't even expect much this year... But I know the real problem is MD. We'll never win with him. Clippers, Cavs... Teams drop 115+ points easily on us. This is b/c coach is a moron.

This lost just assured Knicks of 6 weeks of meaningless hoops. Nobody who knows anything respects NYK now. Good story. Got players with names. Maybe we force a 6th game after falling behind 3-1... But this team is nothing more than a first roubd casualty

To some this is good. To me, when you have Amare and Carmelo... You better coach your team to a W vs a team like Cle.

I hate MD so much... I don't even mind if Thomas returns. At least he'll fore coach.

iSaYughh

Starter
I seriously think we lost tonight because of Amare's defense,He let JJ Hickson look like Karl Malone.

Hate to say it, but Amare's defense is even worse and more destructive at the 4, than 5, on this team.

With how pitiful our C is, opposing teams are really beginning to feast.

Andre Kirilienko this off season if we can't get Deandre Jordan.

Billups
Fields
Melo
AK47
STAT

Now that is a lineup that can close out games on both sides of the ball.

Jeffries'/Turiaf's off the bench situationally for size and strategic defensive work and giving fouls.

mafra

Legend
The answer is simple: fire coach. Give any coach in the nba our roster and they at least split 2 games w/ CLE. Simple as that.

Only Dantoni would want a player like Jared Jeffries. I bet my house that Brewer plaays better D on Barron.

Absolutely was that a charge on Carmelo. B-Scott knew exactly what the hack (Dantonit) would do. He called for the perfect defense and had his players prepared. Melo ran him over!

To allow a 12 win team to drop almost 240 points on you in 2 games? What more do people need?

Dantidiot is the problem. If he stays, we lose in the 2nd round next year. We'll never compete. He is so bad it males me pine for Isaiah.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
we are playing down to the opponent... we play a good team we hang we play a bad team we hang... we just need more time.. but d'aint seems like he does have a clue some times... we need more play inside for sure... swilliams in the paint on defense ain't cut'n it

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
After seeing how this team played defense in Miami I absolutely took back every bad thing I said about Mike D'Antoni not being able to motivate and a coach a good team defensively.

And then he went and ruined it.

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
I just got home from this debacle...... ive never been so depressed on a walk back to grand central....

The refs were horrible, not gonna blame the loss on them though.

We cant rebound
We cant make timely stops
We cant make stops period.
We allow too many big shots
We cant keep leads

= We cant win unless opponents shoot like 30%

moneyg

Starter
I have no words... Glad I didn't have to witness this loss.. Thank god for work.. Dantoni has to go man..

just notice how without billups we revert to our old SSOL syle of play...any team can play with us when we do that $hit...

our opponents fg% is spectactular