Crucial Remainder - Monitoring Threat Teams - Playoff Match Ups - Critical Games

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We move within 2.5 games of Atlanta as they lose to Chicago by 18 in Chi Town.

Things are heating up!

I don't want to play Orlando in the first round, though. There is every chance that they surpass Miami and move to 3rd.

Back to only 2 1/2 back of ATL after Chicago won by 18 tonight. We could pass these guys for the 5 seed before you know it. Same goes for ORL passing the Heat for the 4 seed.

Also, with Chiacago beating ATL & Boston losing tonight; The Bulls are one step closer to passing the Celtics for the 1 seed. If we were able to advace past the 1st round: I'd much rather face the Bulls during the 2nd round before the Celtics. I'd also rather play an aging Boston team during the 3rd before the Bulls. The longer Boston lasts during the playoffs, the better chance we have @ out running them.

CHI (1)
BOS (2)
ORL (3)
MIA (4)
NYK (5)
ATL (6)
PHI (7)
8th seed (?)

Thats the playoff seedings I'd like to see. It's also very possible it plays out that way.

(1) CHI vs ? (8th seed)
(2) BOS vs PHI (7)
(3) ORL vs ATL (6)
(4) MIA vs NYK (5)

If we could beat MIA, the 2nd could look like this...

(1) CHI vs NYK (5)
(2) BOS vs ORL (3)

Anything can happen during a NYK vs CHI series. Could you imagine NY vs BOS/ORL Conf Finals? wow.

miked1958

Rotation player
Yes that all would be nice

Back to only 2 1/2 back of ATL after Chicago won by 18 tonight. We could pass these guys for the 5 seed before you know it. Same goes for ORL passing the Heat for the 4 seed.

Also, with Chiacago beating ATL & Boston losing tonight; The Bulls are one step closer to passing the Celtics for the 1 seed. If we were able to advace past the 1st round: I'd much rather face the Bulls during the 2nd round before the Celtics. I'd also rather play an aging Boston team during the 3rd before the Bulls. The longer Boston lasts during the playoffs, the better chance we have @ out running them.

CHI (1)
BOS (2)
ORL (3)
MIA (4)
NYK (5)
ATL (6)
PHI (7)
8th seed (?)

Thats the playoff seedings I'd like to see. It's also very possible it plays out that way.

(1) CHI vs ? (8th seed)
(2) BOS vs PHI (7)
(3) ORL vs ATL (6)
(4) MIA vs NYK (5)

If we could beat MIA, the 2nd could look like this...

(1) CHI vs NYK (5)
(2) BOS vs ORL (3)

Anything can happen during a NYK vs CHI series. Could you imagine NY vs BOS/ORL Conf Finals? wow.
However, what no one is mentioning is how ordinary Dallas made us look the other night. We could not stop them period. NO DEFENSE. They scored close to 70 in one half. Defense like that is not going to win many playoff games. We are getting better at it though. At first we had NO defense whatsoever. then after the trade it was 1great defensive game followed by a very bad one. That went on like that back and forth for about 6games. Then we put together a nice little run of 3games in a row with decent D. So the trend has been showing us going for longer periods playing good D. Lets hope this showing in Dallas was a glitch and we get back to doing what was working in those great efforts against really great teams.

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;166854 said:
Philly upset Boston tonight to close the gap back to 1 game.

Meanwhile, shit is ****ed up here in Japan.

Yeah man hope you ain't anywhere near that. The nuclear stuff is pretty scary.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Thanks, Smokes.

Philly are down 20 at the half to The Jazz, ATM.

We've dropped to 3.5 games back on Atlanta.

Looking like a first round deadlock with Miami who are currently destroying San Antonio in Miami.

We need to find some ****ing heart within the next handful of games, or we could drop to 7th to face Boston.

Pricey

Rotation player
Utah just got lucky. Ended up down under a min to go and Meeks misses a free throw and Utah go down the other end and sent it to overtime. Utah ends up winning

miked1958

Rotation player
Since the trade

Utah just got lucky. Ended up down under a min to go and Meeks misses a free throw and Utah go down the other end and sent it to overtime. Utah ends up winning

6-5 after the trade? I thought we had turned the corner and got away fron the win 1 lose 1 start we had to go 3-3 after first 6games when we won to go 4-3 we all waited to see if we could break the trend. We did and went on to win 2 more for the first 3game winning streak and 6-3 over 9games since trade. Then we go to dallas and get destroyed. 6-4. So we figure we will get well at home against the pacers after 2 off days figuring that we would get some of that much needed practice time.
What happens we get blown out on our own floor by a very bad Indiana team. This is not good people.
Consider that Denver won again tonight with Chandler and Feton both lighting it up from 3land. That makes them 8-2 since the trade. Who got the better end of the deal. Now i know its WAY to early to pass judgement on this trade. It takes years sometimes to weigh it all out to see who really got the better end of the deal.
Time will tell. ITs too late to reverse what has been done. I still think u make that trade 10 out of 10 times. And i think it will all be worth it in the end. but watching these past 2 games have been painful.
Also watching the heat come out of their slumber and beat the lakers and the Grizz easy and totally CRUSH the Spurs does not make me feel all fuzzy inside. Also watching Deron Williams beat the Celts tonight and watching the NEts lately they look like they have more fire under them then we do.

miked1958

Rotation player
oh by the way

6-5 after the trade? I thought we had turned the corner and got away fron the win 1 lose 1 start we had to go 3-3 after first 6games when we won to go 4-3 we all waited to see if we could break the trend. We did and went on to win 2 more for the first 3game winning streak and 6-3 over 9games since trade. Then we go to dallas and get destroyed. 6-4. So we figure we will get well at home against the pacers after 2 off days figuring that we would get some of that much needed practice time.
What happens we get blown out on our own floor by a very bad Indiana team. This is not good people.
Consider that Denver won again tonight with Chandler and Feton both lighting it up from 3land. That makes them 8-2 since the trade. Who got the better end of the deal. Now i know its WAY to early to pass judgement on this trade. It takes years sometimes to weigh it all out to see who really got the better end of the deal.
Time will tell. ITs too late to reverse what has been done. I still think u make that trade 10 out of 10 times. And i think it will all be worth it in the end. but watching these past 2 games have been painful.
Also watching the heat come out of their slumber and beat the lakers and the Grizz easy and totally CRUSH the Spurs does not make me feel all fuzzy inside. Also watching Deron Williams beat the Celts tonight and watching the NEts lately they look like they have more fire under them then we do.
This was another one of those supposed easy ones for the win column according to the spread sheet on the first page of this thread.
So i guess we will have to beat some of the teams that we had down for losses to make up for it wont we. I just dont get how u let teams like the Cavs and Pacers totally dominate us...
That has not happened yet for Denver. Its happened to us already 3times. They are beating all the teams they should beat and also some they shouldnt. Karl has them motivated. MDA better light a fire under this team and soon

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Dear 7th seed.

We tried to avoid you by trading away our future flexibility, but guess what........... It didn't work!

See you soon.

la2ny

Starter
Crazy⑧s;167744 said:
Dear 7th seed.

We tried to avoid you by trading away our future flexibility, but guess what........... It didn't work!

See you soon.
It might not be as bad as some of you think.....just saying :shrug:

miked1958

Rotation player
As recently as mar11th

However, what no one is mentioning is how ordinary Dallas made us look the other night. We could not stop them period. NO DEFENSE. They scored close to 70 in one half. Defense like that is not going to win many playoff games. We are getting better at it though. At first we had NO defense whatsoever. then after the trade it was 1great defensive game followed by a very bad one. That went on like that back and forth for about 6games. Then we put together a nice little run of 3games in a row with decent D. So the trend has been showing us going for longer periods playing good D. Lets hope this showing in Dallas was a glitch and we get back to doing what was working in those great efforts against really great teams.
People on here were talking like we actually had a shot at the 5th seed. Comeon PEOPLE. This team has regressed back to very little or NO Defense at all. The same as prior to the trade. We were around a .500 type team prior to the trade (flashes of greatness, then huge FLOP Games) just 2 games above at 28-26. What are we now? We are around a .500 type team with flashses of greatness, and then HUGEEEE FLOPS. We are just 2games above at 34-32. We play little or NO DEFENSE!!! So the faces have changed but the result is exactly the same. maybe worse.

HOW can you justify in this 6-6 stretch of games losing to the cavs twice and the pacers twice??? and in all 4games the teams scored way over 100 on us and in some cases almost 120. These are BAD BAD teams making us look ever worse. I dont think the old team loses all 4 of those. however the old team would not have held the Heat, hornets and hawks all under 90 either.
people keep comparing what Denver is doing and that they are 8-2. Sure, and felton and chandler are contributing. But they are in no way the focal points of that team. They already had really good players in place playing at a high level Lawson, nene, smith and others. They really dont need chandler and felton to be successful. Its not an apples to apples comparison. They were a good team for a long time before this trade and melo and billups were not the only reason.

So we were 6-3 and heading in right direction and now 3 BAD losses in a row later we are 6-6 and going in the opposite direction. Well so what. IN the NBA things turn around on a dime. Look at the HEat. Losing everyway you could think of and looking bad doing it. On a 5game losing streak with no end in sight with the lakers, grizz and spurs coming up. Now 3 blow out wins later they are going in a different direction. Spurs lookin unbeatable blowing out heat by 30.. Opps they get blown out by 30 by the same Heat team.
I am not saying we are going to flip on Winning like a light switch, but i would not throw in the towel on the season just yet.

First and foremost we need to stop thinking about the 5 seed and worry about just holding onto a playoff spot at this point. They way we are playing we will own the 7th seed very shortly, and with losing 2 to the pacers we helped their cause and now the bobcats and bucks at 9 and 10 are lurking. IF we continue to lose and either of those teams gets hot, we could be on the outside looking in before you know it. I doubt either of them makes up 6 games on us in this short a time before season ends but you never know, we could drop to 8th instead of going up to 5th. thats not how u want to enter the playoffs. We are a laughing stock right now around the NBA. Only wins can make that go away, and with no defense or consistient bench play, those wins will be few and far between.
Sorry for the RANT

miked1958

Rotation player
Also we may as well throw out all the calulations at the start of this thread on what games are SURE wins and what not. With this team not playing any D, there is no such thing as a SURE win no matter who the team we are playing is. Alot of people thought we had an easy schedule down the stretch having us winning all but 4 or 5 of final 20 or so games. Thats not going to happen. NOT when u let teams like the Cavs and Pacers run all over you twice each in that short a time span. So its back to the drawing board on those calulations.
Do it over more non bias.......

miked1958

Rotation player
Wow

Also we may as well throw out all the calulations at the start of this thread on what games are SURE wins and what not. With this team not playing any D, there is no such thing as a SURE win no matter who the team we are playing is. Alot of people thought we had an easy schedule down the stretch having us winning all but 4 or 5 of final 20 or so games. Thats not going to happen. NOT when u let teams like the Cavs and Pacers run all over you twice each in that short a time span. So its back to the drawing board on those calulations.
Do it over more non bias.......

A week ago people were all over this thread calculating how we could move up to the 5th or even maybe the 4th seed, after winning those 3games in a row. LOL> Now, 3 BAD LOSSES IN A ROW Later, I make 2 posts yesterday morning, and there has not even been 1 post after me, either related to what I said, or otherwise. I guess everyone has given up on the season...

I think expectations were WAY TO HIGH and we read into those 3 wins when we held 3 good teams under 90. Its was way to early to think we had corrected YEARS AND YEARS worth of Defensive Flaws ( or no D at all at times) in just 3 games time. I think the realistic goal this year was to just get back to the playoffs. Smell what its like, get that feeling back again of postseason play. SO what if we lose in first round. Use it as a learning experience and a stepping stone. Then try to build on that next season. I think with 4 of the 5 starters and TD they have a good Core to build around. Get some better key role players that play D to go around those 5 or 6 and maybe u start to build a Championship type team.

I think its safe to say that NONE of the games left on our schedule are what some called SURE Wins. We are at a place we have not been in awhile. Forget all the talk about 45, 46 or more wins. We need to close this out at .500 or a little above and that will get u at least the 7th or 8th seed most seasons. Get in playoffs and get that much needed exp and then next year go for 45+ and 2nd round. Then 3rd year together they should be ready to get 50+ and make a deep run into playoffs. Us fans have waited almost 10yrs (other then that 1playoff run) just to have a so, so year. I think we can wait 2 or 3 more years to build a Solid team that will compete over say the next 5 or 6 seasons for a possible title

KingCharles34

All Star
Celtics and Miami are tied with the Heat having one more win and one more loss. Bumston is down by 5 right now to the spurs in the 2nd, i think they might end up droppin down to 3rd which means the knicks will get Miami in the 1st round. Before i preferred Miami as a 1st round opponent but im not really sure anymore. If the Knicks can win 2 against either team ill be happy :smokin:

petescud

Starter
You guys are right. Hey i started a thread about 3 weeks ago about how many games we would win this season. I guessed 42 and most of the guys were like, i see close to 50 wins. So you see what your dealing with here

Celtics and Miami are tied with the Heat having one more win and one more loss. Bumston is down by 5 right now to the spurs in the 2nd, i think they might end up droppin down to 3rd which means the knicks will get Miami in the 1st round. Before i preferred Miami as a 1st round opponent but im not really sure anymore. If the Knicks can win 2 against either team ill be happy :smokin:

I just say win as much as we can and we get who we get. If we really worked our butts off we could be facing Orlando. But noe it's between Boston and Miami.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Re Boston: Front Court Imbalance Breakdown

It goes without saying that both match-ups have detractors for us. But after some deliberation, I still can't pinpoint which in particular works most in our favour over all??

However. in Boston's case - **** I hate Boston - the imbalance in the front court, our weakest point defensively and offensively (no post game), is just silly.

Boston's bigs are a concern for any team. But when it comes to us, they're a major obstacle. Shelden Williams has played well in limited minutes, but with his propensity to over foul with his physical approach as well as Ronny's sporadic arthritis, we'd be constantly teetering on front court question marks throughout what could, or at the same time could not, be a very short series and elimination for our boys.

Shaq, as mentioned by Sprewell-Houston in another thread, could be our bane in that series depending on his health. The combination of both he and Big Gaby Davis off the bench is not a combo that our second, or even first unit, could defend competently given what they've brought to the low post since, and before, the trade. And that goes for both ends seeing we have zero post offence and would be driving/cutting in to a lane full of blubbery, playoff worn goliaths.

Those 2 ****ers must way 3/5 of a ton between them.

Just for the sake of a comparative, I'll put the weight and height of each team's forwards.

Boston:

SHAQ - 7'1" ~ 330
Garknee - 6'11" ~ 253
Jeff Green - 6'9" ~ 235
Jermaine O'neal - 6'11" ~ 255
Big Gaby - 6'9" ~ 290!
Krstic - 7'0" ~ 240

Against the weakest interior defence in the league and a NY team that is often out rebounded by double digits, has gone from 1st to 4th on the team BPG list since Chandler left, 28th (last I checked) in the league in points allowed in the paint, we rotate defensively like there's a ****ing glitch in the matrix and we don't box out.

STAT - 6'10" ~ 240
Girafferies 6'11" ~ 240 with no penis
Ronny T - 6'10" ~ 245. 230 without the beard.
Big Shelden - 6'9" ~ 250
Shawne Williams - 6'9" ~ 230

And we're a player down, 6-5, in the front court.

Every single one of Boston's individual bigs has had experience in the playoffs beyond the first round. In our case, Only STAT and the glass man, Ronny T, have been beyond it, STAT only as a pivotal contributor to his team in that regard.

Boston are one of the league's top defensive teams, NY rely on offence to win games.

The former champs and reigning EC champs with all their experience, size and an approach that'd F D'Antoni's 'score, score, score' approach in the A, would be a worse match up for our team than Miami.

That's how I see it!

I'll elaborate on Miami later.

Thanks homes!:thumbsup:

KingCharles34

All Star
Excellent analysis ^^

Good point, we're probably better off playing Miami. The other side of the argument is that Lebron wade and Bosh look like they've all finally figured it out with the exception of the cleveland loss, and that the Celtics are old and could possibly face fatigue or even injuries in the playoffs. Even by the time the playoffs get here one of their wheelchair players could be on the sideline but if they are healthy....thats where your argument comes in and we have to assume their gonna be healthy until Garknee comes away limping or Pierce pulls his back. Miami doesnt have the size and the ability to clog the middle like Bumston and could be more vulnerable for an unexpected broomstick ass raping upset. Well there probably wont be no broomstick, the heat aint gettin swept so i guess i have to say no homo. Its not gay to rape someone with a broomstick, thats just the way to get people to talk.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Excellent analysis ^^

Good point, we're probably better off playing Miami. The other side of the argument is that Lebron wade and Bosh look like they've all finally figured it out with the exception of the cleveland loss, and that the Celtics are old and could possibly face fatigue or even injuries in the playoffs. Even by the time the playoffs get here one of their wheelchair players could be on the sideline but if they are healthy....thats where your argument comes in and we have to assume their gonna be healthy until Garknee comes away limping or Pierce pulls his back. Miami doesnt have the size and the ability to clog the middle like Bumston and could be more vulnerable for an unexpected broomstick ass raping upset. Well there probably wont be no broomstick, the heat aint gettin swept so i guess i have to say no homo. Its not gay to rape someone with a broomstick, thats just the way to get people to talk.

That's true! And nicely put! You can dig it out!

I read something else as well, like "Carmelo when playing against LeBron is ahead 12-4 in their personal H2H series", and ahead of Wade as well in theirs!

Random, but excellent.

Nice post.

Miami
Chicago
Boston

Miami being our best matchup due to the fact that Melo & Amare match up well with LeBron & Bosh, Miami has a really weak Center game as well, this team also lacks size down low, the Heat have the worst bench in all of basketball, some question marks & concerns with Bibby & Chalmers @ PG and overall... A team that also lacks team chemistry & playoff experience working together.

Boston being the toughest because of team chemistry, playoff & championship experience together, an all-star PG in Rondo feeding the rock to 3 future HOF players in Pierce, KG & Allen. Explosive talents coming off the bench in Big Baby & Green. Shaq is the least of my worries. He's 39 years old, banged up & only averaging 9 & 5 per this year. Against us? That 9 & 5 could seriously turn into 18 & 10 but in reality, Shaq is the least of my worries. Boston as a franchise is my #1 concern. If we play Boston I want them during the 3rd round where we could run em during the Eastern Conf Finals.