Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 120

Thread: Crucial Remainder - Monitoring Threat Teams - Playoff Match Ups - Critical Games

  1. #91
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default As recently as mar11th

    Originally Posted by miked1958
    However, what no one is mentioning is how ordinary Dallas made us look the other night. We could not stop them period. NO DEFENSE. They scored close to 70 in one half. Defense like that is not going to win many playoff games. We are getting better at it though. At first we had NO defense whatsoever. then after the trade it was 1great defensive game followed by a very bad one. That went on like that back and forth for about 6games. Then we put together a nice little run of 3games in a row with decent D. So the trend has been showing us going for longer periods playing good D. Lets hope this showing in Dallas was a glitch and we get back to doing what was working in those great efforts against really great teams.
    People on here were talking like we actually had a shot at the 5th seed. Comeon PEOPLE. This team has regressed back to very little or NO Defense at all. The same as prior to the trade. We were around a .500 type team prior to the trade (flashes of greatness, then huge FLOP Games) just 2 games above at 28-26. What are we now? We are around a .500 type team with flashses of greatness, and then HUGEEEE FLOPS. We are just 2games above at 34-32. We play little or NO DEFENSE!!! So the faces have changed but the result is exactly the same. maybe worse.

    HOW can you justify in this 6-6 stretch of games losing to the cavs twice and the pacers twice??? and in all 4games the teams scored way over 100 on us and in some cases almost 120. These are BAD BAD teams making us look ever worse. I dont think the old team loses all 4 of those. however the old team would not have held the Heat, hornets and hawks all under 90 either.
    people keep comparing what Denver is doing and that they are 8-2. Sure, and felton and chandler are contributing. But they are in no way the focal points of that team. They already had really good players in place playing at a high level Lawson, nene, smith and others. They really dont need chandler and felton to be successful. Its not an apples to apples comparison. They were a good team for a long time before this trade and melo and billups were not the only reason.

    So we were 6-3 and heading in right direction and now 3 BAD losses in a row later we are 6-6 and going in the opposite direction. Well so what. IN the NBA things turn around on a dime. Look at the HEat. Losing everyway you could think of and looking bad doing it. On a 5game losing streak with no end in sight with the lakers, grizz and spurs coming up. Now 3 blow out wins later they are going in a different direction. Spurs lookin unbeatable blowing out heat by 30.. Opps they get blown out by 30 by the same Heat team.
    I am not saying we are going to flip on Winning like a light switch, but i would not throw in the towel on the season just yet.

    First and foremost we need to stop thinking about the 5 seed and worry about just holding onto a playoff spot at this point. They way we are playing we will own the 7th seed very shortly, and with losing 2 to the pacers we helped their cause and now the bobcats and bucks at 9 and 10 are lurking. IF we continue to lose and either of those teams gets hot, we could be on the outside looking in before you know it. I doubt either of them makes up 6 games on us in this short a time before season ends but you never know, we could drop to 8th instead of going up to 5th. thats not how u want to enter the playoffs. We are a laughing stock right now around the NBA. Only wins can make that go away, and with no defense or consistient bench play, those wins will be few and far between.
    Sorry for the RANT

  2. #92
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Also we may as well throw out all the calulations at the start of this thread on what games are SURE wins and what not. With this team not playing any D, there is no such thing as a SURE win no matter who the team we are playing is. Alot of people thought we had an easy schedule down the stretch having us winning all but 4 or 5 of final 20 or so games. Thats not going to happen. NOT when u let teams like the Cavs and Pacers run all over you twice each in that short a time span. So its back to the drawing board on those calulations.
    Do it over more non bias.......

  3. #93
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Wow

    Originally Posted by miked1958
    Also we may as well throw out all the calulations at the start of this thread on what games are SURE wins and what not. With this team not playing any D, there is no such thing as a SURE win no matter who the team we are playing is. Alot of people thought we had an easy schedule down the stretch having us winning all but 4 or 5 of final 20 or so games. Thats not going to happen. NOT when u let teams like the Cavs and Pacers run all over you twice each in that short a time span. So its back to the drawing board on those calulations.
    Do it over more non bias.......
    A week ago people were all over this thread calculating how we could move up to the 5th or even maybe the 4th seed, after winning those 3games in a row. LOL> Now, 3 BAD LOSSES IN A ROW Later, I make 2 posts yesterday morning, and there has not even been 1 post after me, either related to what I said, or otherwise. I guess everyone has given up on the season...

    I think expectations were WAY TO HIGH and we read into those 3 wins when we held 3 good teams under 90. Its was way to early to think we had corrected YEARS AND YEARS worth of Defensive Flaws ( or no D at all at times) in just 3 games time. I think the realistic goal this year was to just get back to the playoffs. Smell what its like, get that feeling back again of postseason play. SO what if we lose in first round. Use it as a learning experience and a stepping stone. Then try to build on that next season. I think with 4 of the 5 starters and TD they have a good Core to build around. Get some better key role players that play D to go around those 5 or 6 and maybe u start to build a Championship type team.

    I think its safe to say that NONE of the games left on our schedule are what some called SURE Wins. We are at a place we have not been in awhile. Forget all the talk about 45, 46 or more wins. We need to close this out at .500 or a little above and that will get u at least the 7th or 8th seed most seasons. Get in playoffs and get that much needed exp and then next year go for 45+ and 2nd round. Then 3rd year together they should be ready to get 50+ and make a deep run into playoffs. Us fans have waited almost 10yrs (other then that 1playoff run) just to have a so, so year. I think we can wait 2 or 3 more years to build a Solid team that will compete over say the next 5 or 6 seasons for a possible title

  4. #94
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Celtics and Miami are tied with the Heat having one more win and one more loss. Bumston is down by 5 right now to the spurs in the 2nd, i think they might end up droppin down to 3rd which means the knicks will get Miami in the 1st round. Before i preferred Miami as a 1st round opponent but im not really sure anymore. If the Knicks can win 2 against either team ill be happy

  5. #95
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You guys are right. Hey i started a thread about 3 weeks ago about how many games we would win this season. I guessed 42 and most of the guys were like, i see close to 50 wins. So you see what your dealing with here

  6. #96
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Celtics and Miami are tied with the Heat having one more win and one more loss. Bumston is down by 5 right now to the spurs in the 2nd, i think they might end up droppin down to 3rd which means the knicks will get Miami in the 1st round. Before i preferred Miami as a 1st round opponent but im not really sure anymore. If the Knicks can win 2 against either team ill be happy
    I just say win as much as we can and we get who we get. If we really worked our butts off we could be facing Orlando. But noe it's between Boston and Miami.

  7. #97
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Unhappy Re Boston: Front Court Imbalance Breakdown

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Celtics and Miami are tied with the Heat having one more win and one more loss. Bumston is down by 5 right now to the spurs in the 2nd, i think they might end up droppin down to 3rd which means the knicks will get Miami in the 1st round. Before i preferred Miami as a 1st round opponent but im not really sure anymore. If the Knicks can win 2 against either team ill be happy
    It goes without saying that both match-ups have detractors for us. But after some deliberation, I still can't pinpoint which in particular works most in our favour over all??

    However. in Boston's case - **** I hate Boston - the imbalance in the front court, our weakest point defensively and offensively (no post game), is just silly.

    Boston's bigs are a concern for any team. But when it comes to us, they're a major obstacle. Shelden Williams has played well in limited minutes, but with his propensity to over foul with his physical approach as well as Ronny's sporadic arthritis, we'd be constantly teetering on front court question marks throughout what could, or at the same time could not, be a very short series and elimination for our boys.

    Shaq, as mentioned by Sprewell-Houston in another thread, could be our bane in that series depending on his health. The combination of both he and Big Gaby Davis off the bench is not a combo that our second, or even first unit, could defend competently given what they've brought to the low post since, and before, the trade. And that goes for both ends seeing we have zero post offence and would be driving/cutting in to a lane full of blubbery, playoff worn goliaths.

    Those 2 ****ers must way 3/5 of a ton between them.

    Just for the sake of a comparative, I'll put the weight and height of each team's forwards.

    Boston:

    SHAQ - 7'1" ~ 330
    Garknee - 6'11" ~ 253
    Jeff Green - 6'9" ~ 235
    Jermaine O'neal - 6'11" ~ 255
    Big Gaby - 6'9" ~ 290!
    Krstic - 7'0" ~ 240


    Against the weakest interior defence in the league and a NY team that is often out rebounded by double digits, has gone from 1st to 4th on the team BPG list since Chandler left, 28th (last I checked) in the league in points allowed in the paint, we rotate defensively like there's a ****ing glitch in the matrix and we don't box out.

    STAT - 6'10" ~ 240
    Girafferies 6'11" ~ 240 with no penis
    Ronny T - 6'10" ~ 245. 230 without the beard.
    Big Shelden - 6'9" ~ 250
    Shawne Williams - 6'9" ~ 230


    And we're a player down, 6-5, in the front court.

    Every single one of Boston's individual bigs has had experience in the playoffs beyond the first round. In our case, Only STAT and the glass man, Ronny T, have been beyond it, STAT only as a pivotal contributor to his team in that regard.

    Boston are one of the league's top defensive teams, NY rely on offence to win games.

    The former champs and reigning EC champs with all their experience, size and an approach that'd F D'Antoni's 'score, score, score' approach in the A, would be a worse match up for our team than Miami.

    That's how I see it!

    I'll elaborate on Miami later.

    Thanks homes!

  8. #98
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Excellent analysis ^^

    Good point, we're probably better off playing Miami. The other side of the argument is that Lebron wade and Bosh look like they've all finally figured it out with the exception of the cleveland loss, and that the Celtics are old and could possibly face fatigue or even injuries in the playoffs. Even by the time the playoffs get here one of their wheelchair players could be on the sideline but if they are healthy....thats where your argument comes in and we have to assume their gonna be healthy until Garknee comes away limping or Pierce pulls his back. Miami doesnt have the size and the ability to clog the middle like Bumston and could be more vulnerable for an unexpected broomstick ass raping upset. Well there probably wont be no broomstick, the heat aint gettin swept so i guess i have to say no homo. Its not gay to rape someone with a broomstick, thats just the way to get people to talk.

  9. #99
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Excellent analysis ^^

    Good point, we're probably better off playing Miami. The other side of the argument is that Lebron wade and Bosh look like they've all finally figured it out with the exception of the cleveland loss, and that the Celtics are old and could possibly face fatigue or even injuries in the playoffs. Even by the time the playoffs get here one of their wheelchair players could be on the sideline but if they are healthy....thats where your argument comes in and we have to assume their gonna be healthy until Garknee comes away limping or Pierce pulls his back. Miami doesnt have the size and the ability to clog the middle like Bumston and could be more vulnerable for an unexpected broomstick ass raping upset. Well there probably wont be no broomstick, the heat aint gettin swept so i guess i have to say no homo. Its not gay to rape someone with a broomstick, thats just the way to get people to talk.
    That's true! And nicely put! You can dig it out!

    I read something else as well, like "Carmelo when playing against LeBron is ahead 12-4 in their personal H2H series", and ahead of Wade as well in theirs!

    Random, but excellent.

    Nice post.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Miami
    Chicago
    Boston

    Miami being our best matchup due to the fact that Melo & Amare match up well with LeBron & Bosh, Miami has a really weak Center game as well, this team also lacks size down low, the Heat have the worst bench in all of basketball, some question marks & concerns with Bibby & Chalmers @ PG and overall... A team that also lacks team chemistry & playoff experience working together.

    Boston being the toughest because of team chemistry, playoff & championship experience together, an all-star PG in Rondo feeding the rock to 3 future HOF players in Pierce, KG & Allen. Explosive talents coming off the bench in Big Baby & Green. Shaq is the least of my worries. He's 39 years old, banged up & only averaging 9 & 5 per this year. Against us? That 9 & 5 could seriously turn into 18 & 10 but in reality, Shaq is the least of my worries. Boston as a franchise is my #1 concern. If we play Boston I want them during the 3rd round where we could run em during the Eastern Conf Finals.

  11. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Final thoughts about BOS? I believe we can compete. Billups would give Rondo a real fight & maybe even plenty of problems as a true playoff warrior. TD23 is a good option when trying to take some steam & energy out of Rondo. Melo & Amare would compete strong against Pierce & KG. Fields can stick with Allen & at least contest his shots. Fields is also a strong off the ball player on offense, so the movement & action could also get to the aging Allen which could pretty much weaken his legs which would then alter his mid to long range shot attempts.

    I'd love to see NY take the 6th seed but I'm also enjoy the 76ers winning ways right now. The 76ers could become our best friends during the playoffs. Same goes for ATL. In a perfect world we get MIA & the 76ers get the CHI during the 1st. Of course NY must eliminate MIA, but do not be shocked if the 76ers upset Chicago. This is why I want the 6th seed so the 76ers face the #1 seed (If BOS takes it). Another upset in the making is ATL over ORL. NY vs ATL 2nd round?

  12. #102
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    It goes without saying that both match-ups have detractors for us. But after some deliberation, I still can't pinpoint which in particular works most in our favour over all??

    However. in Boston's case - **** I hate Boston - the imbalance in the front court, our weakest point defensively and offensively (no post game), is just silly.

    Boston's bigs are a concern for any team. But when it comes to us, they're a major obstacle. Shelden Williams has played well in limited minutes, but with his propensity to over foul with his physical approach as well as Ronny's sporadic arthritis, we'd be constantly teetering on front court question marks throughout what could, or at the same time could not, be a very short series and elimination for our boys.

    Shaq, as mentioned by Sprewell-Houston in another thread, could be our bane in that series depending on his health. The combination of both he and Big Gaby Davis off the bench is not a combo that our second, or even first unit, could defend competently given what they've brought to the low post since, and before, the trade. And that goes for both ends seeing we have zero post offence and would be driving/cutting in to a lane full of blubbery, playoff worn goliaths.

    Those 2 ****ers must way 3/5 of a ton between them.

    Just for the sake of a comparative, I'll put the weight and height of each team's forwards.

    Boston:

    SHAQ - 7'1" ~ 330
    Garknee - 6'11" ~ 253
    Jeff Green - 6'9" ~ 235
    Jermaine O'neal - 6'11" ~ 255
    Big Gaby - 6'9" ~ 290!
    Krstic - 7'0" ~ 240


    Against the weakest interior defence in the league and a NY team that is often out rebounded by double digits, has gone from 1st to 4th on the team BPG list since Chandler left, 28th (last I checked) in the league in points allowed in the paint, we rotate defensively like there's a ****ing glitch in the matrix and we don't box out.

    STAT - 6'10" ~ 240
    Girafferies 6'11" ~ 240 with no penis
    Ronny T - 6'10" ~ 245. 230 without the beard.
    Big Shelden - 6'9" ~ 250
    Shawne Williams - 6'9" ~ 230


    And we're a player down, 6-5, in the front court.

    Every single one of Boston's individual bigs has had experience in the playoffs beyond the first round. In our case, Only STAT and the glass man, Ronny T, have been beyond it, STAT only as a pivotal contributor to his team in that regard.

    Boston are one of the league's top defensive teams, NY rely on offence to win games.

    The former champs and reigning EC champs with all their experience, size and an approach that'd F D'Antoni's 'score, score, score' approach in the A, would be a worse match up for our team than Miami.

    That's how I see it!

    I'll elaborate on Miami later.

    Thanks homes!


    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Excellent analysis ^^

    Good point, we're probably better off playing Miami. The other side of the argument is that Lebron wade and Bosh look like they've all finally figured it out with the exception of the cleveland loss, and that the Celtics are old and could possibly face fatigue or even injuries in the playoffs. Even by the time the playoffs get here one of their wheelchair players could be on the sideline but if they are healthy....thats where your argument comes in and we have to assume their gonna be healthy until Garknee comes away limping or Pierce pulls his back. Miami doesnt have the size and the ability to clog the middle like Bumston and could be more vulnerable for an unexpected broomstick ass raping upset. Well there probably wont be no broomstick, the heat aint gettin swept so i guess i have to say no homo. Its not gay to rape someone with a broomstick, thats just the way to get people to talk.
    To speculate as to who we "match up" better with is a shot in the dark at this point because essentially we should be fielding a better, more cohesive unit; one that both the Heat nor Boston has seen complete (unless you count the game against MIA, which was our 3rd game with this regime).

    We did however have to comeback from 16 down to beat MIA- having to constantly do that will spell doom.

    But if Melo is playing then like he is now, at the least we can say the best player is in a Knick uniform.

  13. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Nice to see the Bucks knock off the 76ers tonight. Back to 2 games back of the 76ers for the 6th seed.

    I fully expect us to play the 76ers fighting for soul right of the 6th seed with our meeting against the 76ers 3 games from now.

    With our game against the Cavs @ home in MSG tomorrow night + the 6ers having an off night? We better close this gap to 1.5

    Then, while the Knicks host the Raptors @ Home & Philly travels to Boston to take on the Celtics, there stands a good chance NY only trails the 76ers by .5 of a game heading into a big time game against Philly for rights to the 6th seed.

    That Knicks vs 76ers has all the making of a playoff type of game with plenty of fight & intensity coming from both teams. Hopefully we can escape Philly with an important win on the road.

  14. #104
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    To speculate as to who we "match up" better with is a shot in the dark at this point because essentially we should be fielding a better, more cohesive unit; one that both the Heat nor Boston has seen complete (unless you count the game against MIA, which was our 3rd game with this regime).

    We did however have to comeback from 16 down to beat MIA- having to constantly do that will spell doom.

    But if Melo is playing then like he is now, at the least we can say the best player is in a Knick uniform.
    Our blaring weaknesses are front court post defence and rotation and rebounding.

    Neither the Heat nor the Celtics are ideal in any sense regarding that. 2 of the best penetrating players in the game in Wade and James.

    As you say, we had to come back from 16 down to beat the Heat in Miami. Wade also had one of his worst games of the year. Udonis Haslem is set to return apparently, as well.

    I'm interested to know more specifically what you mean by cohesively complete.

  15. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ATL's a sleeper team poised to eliminate ORL. They've only improved & gotten much better since pushing BOS 7 games as an 8th seed.

    ORL could be deadly against NY during the playoffs due to the simple fact Dwight makes for the most dominating Center in the game today; while NY has the largest NBA void @ the 5 position.

    I love ATL over ORL. This is an ATL squad thats only 4 games back of ORL, on pace for 50 wins; inside the toughest Easten Con division. Just beat BOS on Friday.

    ORL lives by the 3 & the'll die by the 3. I'm taking Joe Johnson over any ORL shooter. @ 6'10, 245, Al Horford is giving Howard all he can handle down low. Dude just put up 16 pts & 15 boards vs BOS. Then they have Josh Smith who ORL won't have an answer for @ the PF position. Hinrich was a mid-season steal for ATL. Ability to lock down Nelson. Crawford as a 6th man? Kills ORL. Just put up 20 vs BOS. Pachulia is a C who plays with energy.

    "IF" PHI can upset either BOS/MIA...& we take out either MIA/BOS? It's NY vs ATL during the 2nd.

Similar Threads

  1. Chad Ford ESPN Insider Ten Teams
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2011, 17:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •