I have a question in regards to Ricky Rubio.

I'd love to sign this kid as a FA this year. I believe he's eligible to come back to the states this offseason. 25+ teams will go after this PG with guns blazing. The city of New York & what we stand for is our key advantage. MSG is legendary. I'm confident that Rubio will join Amare & Melo in NY. I truly believe he's the next coming of D.Rose. He'll take the league by storm under D'Antoni's system. Excellent court vision, outstanding passing ability & would become a dream come true for MDA, our players, the fans & most importantly NY's offensive style of play. I love Paul but I'd appreciate Ricky in a NY minute. Chris Paul should be great for a whie, but Rubio is who I want moving forward. D-Will, Rose & CP3 are the elite class at the PG position, obviously, but it shouldn't take long before Ricky ranks right up there with the best.

Question- what type of contract will he demand as a free agent on the open market? Since he's not an NBA proven star, I hope it's at least 7 million away from a MAX. Thoughts?

I don't see Minnesota letting him get away at all after how hard they've insisted on him being a TWolve if he ever comes to the States. Our best bet is they finally come to the conclusion he will never play for them and they trade him to us.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Don't know if I want a player who put an organization through that trouble just because he didn't want to play in Minnesota (if that is the reason).

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I don't see Minnesota letting him get away at all after how hard they've insisted on him being a TWolve if he ever comes to the States. Our best bet is they finally come to the conclusion he will never play for them and they trade him to us.

Exactly, and if Minnesota does trade him they are going to get better offers than ours. Too bad he would be one hell of a player on this team in this offense.

Damn, I had no idea about his actual situation. Might as well dump this thread & idea of mine. I was wrong, but I thought by refusing to play for the T-Wolves after the drafting of Rubio, that once he came back to the states he'd become a free agent on the open market. I was wrong. I cant picture us trading for Rubio. They can get much better offers & a much better package than anything NY would or could offer.

Thanks.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
He can sit out and re enter the draft or get picked up once his rights are exhausted by Minny...He has stated big interest in playing in the Garden