Does Brewer getting a 3 year deal mean we definitely made a mistake?

portega1968

El Cacique
It seems ya'll didn't hear last night when it was explained that Brewer's agent asked the Knicks to buy him out cause the guy wanted to play elsewhere. He's basically anti-Knick and I'm glad he's not here.

moneyg

Starter
It seems ya'll didn't hear last night when it was explained that Brewer's agent asked the Knicks to buy him out cause the guy wanted to play elsewhere. He's basically anti-Knick and I'm glad he's not here.

and billups wanted to stay in denver too.... so i guess we should just buy him out too

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Just read an article that Brewer said he was really excited to come to NY, but it was obvious after the first week that D'Antoni wasn't going to play him, so he asked to be bought out....

Before the game, Brewer told The Post he would have loved to stay in New York if coach D'Antoni wanted him.

"You could tell [I wasn't going to play]," Brewer said. "I had been there a week. I didn't play one game, then was inactive for two games, so I kind of felt it was best to go somewhere else and have a chance to play.

"I would've loved to have a chance," he said. "I felt great coming to New York."
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...spension_CX5CXEWxUfL0PDKsvpHyxK#ixzz1GJDOrnZ2

Another defensive minded player bites the dust under D'Antoni....

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
He played a bit part in what was overall a dominant Mav's performance. You're telling me if he was on our team last night he would have shut down Terry or something? I think he would have looked just as bad as Jeffries did; a guy we were raving about before last night.\

Also, the guy seems really small. We needed bigger bodies not smaller ones.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
He played a bit part in what was overall a dominant Mav's performance. You're telling me if he was on our team last night he would have shut down Terry or something? I think he would have looked just as bad as Jeffries did; a guy we were raving about before last night.\

Oh no. We would have lost, just the same. The whole team needs to play D, not just one or two guys. I'm just saying it would be nice to have another hustle guy, who is a great individual defender on the team, instead of someone like Andy Rautins (Sorry Andy, but it's true). He could have helped us for the rest of the year and in the play-offs, but because D'Antoni plays favorites and doesn't care one lick about D, except paying lip service to it, we got rid of him...

Guy's a genius. Some of the top teams in the league want him, but they don't know jack. It's not like the Celts and Spurs championships mean something....

STAT1

Starter

I don't think having Brewer would have necessarily won the game for us definitely not but I do think he would have done a much better job of checking Terry than Jeffries did last night on some possessions. Btw, I haven't been raving about Jeffries I've always felt he was a scrub player he looks OK next to superstars but play him too much & he quickly gets exposed for his complete & utter lack of an offensive game. His defense is not as good as Mike Breen gushes about either. He's OK as a hustle energy player off the bench, nothing more. In certain situations he's a nice player to have, but not trying to guard quick guards that can shoot from the perimeter because he's not good at running over screens.

STAT1

Starter
Just read an article that Brewer said he was really excited to come to NY, but it was obvious after the first week that D'Antoni wasn't going to play him, so he asked to be bought out....

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Before the game, Brewer told The Post he would have loved to stay in New York if coach D'Antoni wanted him.

"You could tell [I wasn't going to play]," Brewer said. "I had been there a week. I didn't play one game, then was inactive for two games, so I kind of felt it was best to go somewhere else and have a chance to play.

"I would've loved to have a chance," he said. "I felt great coming to New York." </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1GJDOrnZ2

Another defensive minded player bites the dust under D'Antoni....

It really is a shame I really did think Corey was excited as hell to be a Knick the first game in uniform you could see it all over his face, he was smiling from ear to ear. This makes several players now that grew disenchanted w/this head coach very quickly & ended up being dealt away before even playing any appreciable amount of games. It's worrysome when the GM is using up trade assets & draft picks to bring in certain players & then those players end up not seeing any playing time under this head coach.

KingofNy

Starter
It really is a shame I really did think Corey was excited as hell to be a Knick the first game in uniform you could see it all over his face, he was smiling from ear to ear. This makes several players now that grew disenchanted w/this head coach very quickly & ended up being dealt away before even playing any appreciable amount of games. It's worrysome when the GM is using up trade assets & draft picks to bring in certain players & then those players end up not seeing any playing time under this head coach.

Be careful talking about MDA like that, a bunch of homers here will degrade you at all costs to defend their boyfriend (MDA)...lol, anyways... I think you are dead on and that Antoni forces good players off of our team because he just doesn't like them because they either don't EXACTLY fit his style of play or they at one point in time were upset that he out-casted them to Antoni Island.

Also, I personally think that he NEVER wanted the Melo deal to happen because he knew that acquiring Melo and Billups forces him to have to win now with a half-court offense that doesn't fit hit run and gun style of play. If it wasn't for Dolan we wouldn't have Melo now because Walsh wasn't ready to give up anything for him but Dolan forced his hand. So, don't be surprised if both Antoni and Walsh are both gone after the season... I think Dolan wants Antoni gone and he knows Walsh is Antoni's butt buddy so that's probably why he hasn't extended Walsh.

IMO it will be nice when Antoni's gone and we don't have to worry about having to drop/trade good players (Brewer/AR, ect.) just because the coach isn't smart enough to be able to run an offense around them. He needs the players he wants for his offensive style and without them you see how effective he is.

KingofNy

Starter
Be careful talking about MDA like that, a bunch of homers here will degrade you at all costs to defend their boyfriend (MDA)...lol, anyways... I think you are dead on and that Antoni forces good players off of our team because he just doesn't like them because they either don't EXACTLY fit his style of play or they at one point in time were upset that he out-casted them to Antoni Island.

Also, I personally think that he NEVER wanted the Melo deal to happen because he knew that acquiring Melo and Billups forces him to have to win now with a half-court offense that doesn't fit hit run and gun style of play. If it wasn't for Dolan we wouldn't have Melo now because Walsh wasn't ready to give up anything for him but Dolan forced his hand. So, don't be surprised if both Antoni and Walsh are both gone after the season... I think Dolan wants Antoni gone and he knows Walsh is Antoni's butt buddy so that's probably why he hasn't extended Walsh.

IMO it will be nice when Antoni's gone and we don't have to worry about having to drop/trade good players (Brewer/AR, ect.) just because the coach isn't smart enough to be able to run an offense around them. He needs the players he wants for his offensive style and without them you see how effective he is.

bump. :barf:

KingofNy

Starter
Yes, i said this the other day, he is the same player as JJ, but can actually play basketball.

Yup exactly. Brewer is exactly what this team is missing ... A guard who can actually guard AND score. And we gave him away for a bag of peanuts because Dumbtoni mismanages everything about this Knicks team. When an NBA team is struggling, a NORMAL coach would put some proven shooters in the game to get some points... ala Novak. Not Dumbtoni, he's been using the same rotation, subs at the same exact time (melo early 4th), and runs the same two plays all game. FIRE D'Antoni NOW!!!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yup exactly. Brewer is exactly what this team is missing ... A guard who can actually guard AND score. And we gave him away for a bag of peanuts because Dumbtoni mismanages everything about this Knicks team. When an NBA team is struggling, a NORMAL coach would put some proven shooters in the game to get some points... ala Novak. Not Dumbtoni, he's been using the same rotation, subs at the same exact time (melo early 4th), and runs the same two plays all game. FIRE D'Antoni NOW!!!

I love you man:agreed:

Wargames

Starter
I said it when it went down that letting Brewer leave because he didn't like D'antoni or think he was going to get minutes was a really stupid move. He would of at least bother Ray Allen in that playoff series. Then he won a ring with the Mavs sitting on the bench.

Anyhow to be fair that was as much on Donnie as it was on D'antoni. People love to idolize Donnie but he did give into D'antoni's personnel demands a lot to appease him.