Where does Amare and Melo rank in the top 10 players in the NBA

WrongIslander

Rotation player
You sir, are a moron.

No need to get personal. I don't see how a player that hasn't played in the NBA can be in its top 10 (even my boy Ricky) but I can say that without resorting to childish insults.

Kobe is the best players in the world, 5 rings, still a go to guy, still can shut you down and still playing for the best team in the world, the champions.

You're playing today, it's him you've got to beat, the team he leads, his ring total.

Greatness personified? Look at Kobe, if he was ours we'd never let anyone say this punk LeBron was fit to lace his boots.

No need to get personal. I don't see how a player that hasn't played in the NBA can be in its top 10 (even my boy Ricky) but I can say that without resorting to childish insults.

Kobe is the best players in the world, 5 rings, still a go to guy, still can shut you down and still playing for the best team in the world, the champions.

You're playing today, it's him you've got to beat, the team he leads, his ring total.

Greatness personified? Look at Kobe, if he was ours we'd never let anyone say this punk LeBron was fit to lace his boots.
I didn't think it was that bad. He just has a really stupid opinion.

A guy playing in Europe who has never set foot on an NBA court is better then Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

Mods should know the Johnboy guy is a Nets fan following another MAN from a jets forum.. Quite Gay.. Theres a reson hes just talking nonsense. Just ban him already.. His name on TGG is JOHNNYThaJET.. Huge troll. He think derron williams is going to stay a net :teeth::teeth::teeth:

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
With the Knicks new addition of Melo Amare and Philly Stackz as a fan where do these players rank out of Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Howard, CP3, Rose, DWill, Rubio, Gasol, etc.

My list via my friend HighFlyingJets

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Melo
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Amare
7. Wade
8. Rubio
9. Rose
10. CP3

close 10th Philly Stackz, Gasol, Deron Williams, and Ginobli

Whats your list?? :peace:

Ok, :teeth: at Rubio.

My List:

1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Melo
4. Rose
5. Durant
6. Dwight
7. Amare
8. Wade
9. Gasol
10. Deron Williams

KingCharles34

All Star
Kobe
Rose
Durant
Lebron
Howard
Stoudemire
Wade
Gasol
D williams
Chris Paul
Carmello
Ginobili
Westbrook

Just off the top....Got Stat at 6 and Melo at 11

Rubio is a faggit and so are his supporters

1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. Carmelo
4. Dwight Howard
5. Wade
6. Deron Williams
7. Derrick Rose
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Amare Stoudemire
10. Chris Paul

The next 10 are....

11. Pau Gasol
12. Rajon Rondo
13. Tim Duncan
14. Blake Griffin
15. Kevin Love
16. Al Horford
17. Chris Bosh
18. Kevin Garnett
19. Monta Ellis
20. Gerald Wallace

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
time to separate the real from the fake..

Some crazy lists in here. Letz see if I can class this thread up a bit.. Pay attention

My Definitive Take,

1. Kobe ~ still the best player in the game right now.. 5 chips.. so smart.. dfends.. he aint Jordan but he's the closest thing we have right now to that level of greatness..

2. Lebron ~ best all around player other than the Mamba

3. Wade ~ one of the 5 best shooting guards of all time

4. Howard ~ has new post moves to go w his unbelievable Supermaness

5. Paul ~ still the best, grittiest 2 - way player at the PG position and look at where he has his scoring-inept squad.. he's having a down year, for him.., but is still top 5 in all categories pertinent to high-level PG play

6. Amare ~ our MVP.. contrary to what you hear he averages 1.0 steals and 2.1 blocks per game.. he's focused more on D this year.. also leads the league in 4th quarter scoring and is 5th in the league in ppg

7. Gasol ~ Kobe's Robin.. just an extremely skilled, long (pause), smart player.. so fundamentally sound, defends very well too.. just an awesome talent

8. Anthony ~ the best Pure scorer in the league.. let us be careful not to overrate him because he's on our team.. needs to defend better and use his greatness @ a scorer to create easy shots for teammates.. mid-range jumper and game is second to only the Mamba IMO:peace:

9. D.Rose ~ he's the quickest PG in the league though not the best.. gives good, consistent effort at the defensive end.. very dominant right now because of his ability to penetrate and create havoc in the paint.. his jump shot is gotten more consistent.. is more of a scoring PG

10. Durant ~ not quite as dominant a scorer as Melo yet, but still extremely potent

Best of the Rest

11. Dirk ~ he's still unbelievable.. he's shooting it so well this year.. his rebounding numbers have fallen off however

12. Bosh ~ so fundamentally precise, mid-range jumper/game is money for a PF, defends and rebounds well @ his position

13. Nash ~ he's still basically Nash.. he's just as efficient and still does all of the things we're used to seeing from him.. he just no longer has Amare, which is the reason his team's not positioned for a playoff birth currently

14. Pierce ~ still a solid 2 -way talent.. the Truth is still just that.. he's shooting it at over 50% this season

15. T. Parker ~ RIGHT NOW the most important and best player on the Spurs.. he's the best finishing PG in the league (yes still better than Rose)

16. Garnett ~ people underrate him but if Allen weren't on the team his ppg numbers would be higher (around 18-20).. his rebounding numbers are still really good, defense too.. Doc manages his minutes well

17. D.Williams ~ can you say.. overrated.. there's a reason why Utah dumped him and Sloan hated him.. shoots too much for a PG and doesn't defend as well as other players above him (other than Nash) at his position on this list..

18. Duncan ~ this aging GOAT@ the PF-C position will come alive in the post season, Pop keeps his minutes low for this reason

19. Manu Ginobili ~ i like Manu, but he's a bit erratic and can fall in love w the 3 ball a little too much.. that said, he has a gritty mental toughness that's unflappable.. he doesn't back down from anyone.. clearly benefits from playing along side other really good/great players, but his skills at penetrating and finishing are still unreal and he passes well when he draws help

20. J.Johnson ~ not worth a 100 mil, but he's real talented offensively and underrated defensively.. he's having a down year

Love, Rondo, Boozer, Westbrook and Ray Allen would have been next up if you were wondering- in that order BTW.
:gony:

Last edited:
Long time reader been a Knicks fan for years. Favrite all time player is Allan Houston. Nothing was better than the days of LJ's 4 point play against the Pacers and Houston's finger roll against the Heat. I am not a bandwagonner who just started following after the Carmelo trade, I just never had an interest in posting always a reader. The only reason I signed up because I was having this argument with a few buddies and would like to add my two cents on this.

In my opinion I think there are currently 13 "Franchise" players in the NBA. I will rank those first.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kevin Durant
4. LeBron James
5. Dwight Howard
6. Carmelo Anthony
7. Amare Stoudemire
8. Chris Paul
9. Pau Gasol
10. Derrick Rose
11. Dirk Nowitzki
12. Derron Williams
13. Chris Bosh

Then I think you have a bunch of older players who can still dominate, but I would not conisder them franchise players but can go toe to toe with any of these players on any given night. Those players are Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Steve Nash.

Finally I have a few players who can eventually one day be franchise players but are still young and I need to see a little more. Those players are in no particular oder:

1. RaJon Rondo
2. Eric Gordon
3. Kevin Love
4. Blake Griffin
5. LaMarcus Aldrige
6. John Wall
7. Russell Westbrook

It amazed me how bad of shape the NBA has gotten there is a realistic possibility that 12 out of those 20 players who I listed as franchise players and future franchise players could all end up being up on the same team.

Knicks: Amare-Carmelo-Paul
Lakers: Kobe-Gasol-Dwight
Heat: LeBron-Wade-Bosh
Clippers: Derron-Gordon-Griffin

It is only a matter of time before Durant and Rose team up and form there own super team.