In the 3rd loss to Cavs did we Start Jefferies?

Kiyaman

Legend
Headcoach Byron Scott vs Celebrity coach D'antoni

Just another slight against coach D'antoni. Jeffries is terrible. Corey Brewer, Mike Bibby, Rasual Butler, Troy Murphy, Powe, Barron... No. We sign JJ. How funny is it on his return home we allow 119 points.

For all you bitching about the refs... WAKE UP! Samuels had feet planted outside the circle. It was great coaching from Scott. He bested Dantidiot. Knew exactly what our fool coach was calling for, and had his team ready. A charge all the way.

I realize we need time to gel. We need Billups. I don't even expect much this year... But I know the real problem is MD. We'll never win with him. Clippers, Cavs... Teams drop 115+ points easily on us. This is b/c coach is a moron.

This lost just assured Knicks of 6 weeks of meaningless hoops. Nobody who knows anything respects NYK now. Good story. Got players with names. Maybe we force a 6th game after falling behind 3-1... But this team is nothing more than a first roubd casualty

To some this is good. To me, when you have Amare and Carmelo... You better coach your team to a W vs a team like Cle.

I hate MD so much... I don't even mind if Thomas returns. At least he'll fore coach.
I missed the game, so I have to :agreed: with Mafra.
Nothing changed since our first lost to the Cavs this season.
Byron Scott exposed all of Damnphony weakness as a headcoach in
our first and second game vs the Cavs this season. So I didnt miss much.
:smokin:
Did Damnphony actually let "Jared Jefferies" be a starter in this game?
I know Turiaf and Shawn Williams performance at the center spot show
alot of weakness in the starting lineup, but damn are they that awful to
where a player like Jefferies get the "go ahead" to start ahead of them?
:crossfingers:
Clueless Isiah learned quick in Jefferies first season as a Knick that rookie
"Tazman" Balkman was ten times a better performer than Jefferies in
defensive-hustle, ball-handling, passing skills, and rebounding.

For years I been mentioning the type of defensive-performance Jefferies
give is not suppose to be exposed untill the 2nd half of the game.
Jefferies is a bench-player u dont put into the game untill the middle of
the 3rd quarter alongside of a defensive guard & a rebounding-bigman in
Jefferies lineup to have a 2nd half change of strategy.

knicksin60

Starter
It would not have made a difference.The Knicks weren't going to stop the best pg in the NBA in Barron Davis.

mafra

Legend
Scott's smirk after the final charge was great. He played Dantoni and knew it.

Brewer doesn't play against Mia? At least test how he would guard Wade or Lebron? But Jeffries starts in his 2nd game here?

In theory, MD is right. If only we scored on every possession... Then his SSOL system would be lethal, amd show that everybody else is clueless and that 70 years of mba history is wrong... You can win w/out a C.

The only reason why jefferies started over turiaf is because turiaf as we have seen all season is injured who else do we have as are starting C on this squad think about it for a second:2cents:

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
I would rather play small ball and start Shawne Williams over JJ. This team isn't playing defense anyway so it's not like JJ at C is going to help them.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Its not about him starting though, itsabout him finishing. He was in the game giving up BIG points down the stretch (in the 4th) when we were up double figures. Not to mention him diving into the lane on Melos' last drive and his man drew the charge. U could also blame the coach on that though, spread the floor!!

Even tho JJ is a offensive liability he did show defensive prowness by taking charges and blocking shots getting his hands in passing lanes etc.. unlike amare he did make his presence known in the paint. Very difficult to watch grab a rebound miss twice then dunk it in your face the third time around

iSaYughh

Starter
So...

MDA is slammed for playing Jeffries (while Isiah, who incidentally signed Jeffries to a long, franchise-crippling, ML contract, gets more backhanded praise and support).

And the solution and alternative to him starting Jeffries -- a surprise to even see a legit solution -- is to,

Have played Williams,

Who incidentally, MDA gets slammed for when he has played him at C and as a big.

(Turiaf, as poster noted above, is injured)

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
The problem was with our two best defenders, Tony and JJ, they simply didn't play good defence, where is the lock on defence of Tony, he was giving up positions all the game. maybe he is not used to play full games.
JJ seemed tired too, in the bigining they played a very good defence, but in the 4th JJ and tony were tired or too much relaxed to defend well.
and of course, there is a huge difference between games leaded by tony or games leaded by billups. he is not a floor general at all.... good defender, ok, but thats it.

KingofNy

Starter
Jeffries picked up three fouls five minutes into the second quarter. He finished with one point and four rebounds in a season-high 26 minutes.

Brewer averaged triple those stats (minus the fouls) in less minutes along with almost 2 steals per game. Buying out brewer for this fool was a humongous mistake courtesy of Antoni. Only our organization would make the same mistake twice.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Jeffries picked up three fouls five minutes into the second quarter. He finished with one point and four rebounds in a season-high 26 minutes.

Brewer averaged triple those stats (minus the fouls) in less minutes along with almost 2 steals per game. Buying out brewer for this fool was a humongous mistake courtesy of Antoni. Only our organization would make the same mistake twice.

JJ's Role is not offense, so he will not put any points in the next games. he is a very good defender on all positions while 6'11 but this time he was tired or high or something.
of course i don't mean he is the perfect for us, but if we are planing to get a legit big later on then JJ is a great backup.

KingofNy

Starter
JJ's Role is not offense, so he will not put any points in the next games. he is a very good defender on all positions while 6'11 but this time he was tired or high or something.
of course i don't mean he is the perfect for us, but if we are planing to get a legit big later on then JJ is a great backup.

Brewer is just as good at defending/rebounding as he is at scoring. We easily could of just dropped Azu and picked up JJ without even wasting his talent. Imagine if we had both?

Toons

is the Bo$$
we had to get a big. Jefferies can guard 4's and 5's.....brewer can guard neither. Keeping brewer would mean less minutes for fields. Fields will be better than brewer, mark my words. Fields will make us all forget about brewer. no disrespect to brewer and his defense. we dont need a 2 guard right now.