Who do you want taking the final shot Billups Carmelo Or Amare???

I was watching the Mike D show yesterday and this question was asked He said he will always put the ball in Billups hands and let him make the decision... makes since because this a point guard centric offensive but if you were the coach who would you give it to? I never knew Amare was clutch until he got to the knicks but i personally would give it to Melo he has always shown he as that innate clutch gene...just wish he would stop driving to the lane and just pop for a mid range jumper

Sons of Thunder took the words right out of my mouth. Well played man.

This is nothing like the Miami situation. Wade is the only real closer they have. Bosh is no where near being a closer & LeBron fails under 10 seconds time & time again. This is a great problem to have, because all 3 are proven closers. Amare really came on strong as a potential closer this season as our leader. If ONLY there were .2 of a second left on the clock... Amare would have closed out the Celtics with the game winning 3. Also hit a huge 3 for us last night. As far as iso goes? I want the rock in Carmelo's hands all day.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
I was watching the Mike D show yesterday and this question was asked He said he will always put the ball in Billups hands and let him make the decision... makes since because this a point guard centric offensive but if you were the coach who would you give it to? I never knew Amare was clutch until he got to the knicks but i personally would give it to Melo he has always shown he as that innate clutch gene...just wish he would stop driving to the lane and just pop for a mid range jumper

Chauncey. I'll rely on him 100% whether he hits it or dishes.

I wouldn't doubt 'Melo either in winning a game for us, everyone is saying he can't finish after the Offensive Foul last night- But the stats actually show that he is the most clutch player over the last couple of years when it comes to nailing game winning shots.

Either Chauncey or Melo I am confident with.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Billups ! He has experience and has the patience and experience to be calm enough to take those big shots..He has a ring something that none of these guys have.

phantom9000

Benchwarmer
Billups or stat they both are clutch stat with 3 yesterday and the 3 that should have counted against the celdicks

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I wouldnt mind any of the Big 3 having the ball in they're hands in the final seconds. Depending on matchups, whichs make our offense so versatile. 9 time out of 10 just let billups run the play, he's probably gonna get it to melo

bogey1964

Rookie
Just heard on the radio the other day and they claim that Mello has the highest shooting percentage in the nba with less than 24seconds left in the game at 47%

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Chauncey. I'll rely on him 100% whether he hits it or dishes.

I wouldn't doubt 'Melo either in winning a game for us, everyone is saying he can't finish after the Offensive Foul last night- But the stats actually show that he is the most clutch player over the last couple of years when it comes to nailing game winning shots.

Either Chauncey or Melo I am confident with.

i hate the media their full of shit always looking for bullshit stats, theories and stories. Jordan didnt hit every game winner he took, im sure he had a few turnovers final seconds, charges final seconds etc. Melo is probably the best clutch performer of this era he had 6 game winners in ONE SEASON! thats something, for me personally i look for melo everytime for that final shot. either him or billups but as far as PG's go theres no other pg i'd trust with the ball in his hands in the final 2 minutes other than Billups

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Give Billups the ball and trust him, whether he takes the shot or passes it to Melo. There are stats to back up that Melo is the best clutch player in the NBA (go look it up if you don't believe me) and Chauncey...well, look what he's done for Detroit and Denver.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'd want Billups to have the ball in his hands @ the end of a game. Depending on what kind of night he or Melo is having, I'd want either of the two to take the last shot. :beer:

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
This is why we brought melo in to do this abviously he isnt shhoting well right now but soon when he doesnt care about the MSG media/ crowd on his every move and feels like he owns the garden we will see him demand for the ball and take games over.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Melo has more buzzer beating shots than anyone in the NBA since he was drafted in '03. I'll take him or Billups shooting the game winner, but there's no legit argument against either.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I would be fine with either of the 3 taking the final shot, but if I had to pick one then its Melo. If its a 3 we need then Billups, the guy isn't called "Big Shot" for nothing, just look at the 3 he hit against Miami for example.