What do you think of Mike Brown as being our coach.

Starks

Starter
No. Just NOOOOO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Close this thread ASAP. This is the worst idea I've heard since some genius suggested Lawrence Frank a few months ago

pat

Starter
No. Just NOOOOO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Close this thread ASAP. This is the worst idea I've heard since some genius suggested Lawrence Frank a few months ago

There was this cartoon around a while ago. Unfortunately I cannot find it. What you can see is Mike Brown during a timeout, painting a picture of Lebron on his board, dunking the ball. That's all you need to know about the Cavs strategy during the Lebron years. They are not called the "Mike Brown" era for a reason.

KBlack25

Starter
The coach who couldn't keep his star player motivated in the last playoff series he coached him? That Mike Brown? No thanks.

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
He's really underrated but I'd like him more as an assistant to teach defense. D'Antoni isn't a bad coach as far as offense is concerned. He's really not as bad as some of you say he is.

The MDA hate around her is too much.

Did any MDA haters actually watch or pay attention to PHX under MDA? He never won a ring, but the Suns were a top 5 power house each & every year; inside an extremely tough Westen Conf. What was his winning % with the Suns? Exactly. Look it up; you'll be shocked. He also led PHX to the Westen Conf Finals & played extremely tough against the Spurs going I believe 7 gms. That was when Duncan & the Spurs were great too.

Jesus people... This is ONLY his 1st year that he's had some talent to work with & NY is in position to fight for the 5 seed. RUN MDA outta town, before giving him a fair chance? Pathetic.

He's doing everything he can. He's even played & started a rookie in Fields since pretty much day one after the Toronto game. He's been running with a 10 man rotation since the trade. Guys like Shawne Williams, TD, Carter, Walker & JJ all get playing time. Even Mason got a chance to shine last night. WE held MIA & NOH under 90. We held ATL under 80. Defense is IMPROVING.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer

LOL, I agree, Mike Browns' offensive pays are trash, and he used to get ran over by his team. We dont need that kind of coach anywhere near our team. NY has tough written all over it, we need somebody to push that in our teams mind.

moneyg

Starter
LOL, I agree, Mike Browns' offensive pays are trash, and he used to get ran over by his team. We dont need that kind of coach anywhere near our team. NY has tough written all over it, we need somebody to push that in our teams mind.

MIke brown didnt call offensive playes in cleveland.. his assistant did...mike brown is a good defensive coach.. should be an assistant though..

however.. i don not think the cavs would be this bad with mike brown as coach..not knocking b scott.. but when lebron was out a game here and there.. the cavs still played pretty good without him...

i understand they are missing varajo.. but what happen to the games he played in the beginning of the season..

vangundy and sloan are probably two of the best coaches available on the market.. if we can't replace o'antoni with either one....i think he needs to bring in a defensive asst like a mike brown

and if if means saying bye bye to herb or brother dan.. so be it.. or that other assistant the looks like a zombie out there (not webber)

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
@moneyg true mikes assistant clled the plays but at the end of the day, when a play needs o be drawn up, was it not mike? He would be a nice assistant, but the thread said head coach.

Van gundy would be a pretty good fit, I defiately agree there, just not afan of mike brown. I say keep Dantoni over alot of coaches out there. I thnk he knows his job is on the line, that D will get better as we get more experience together

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
If Walsh doesn't re-up and D'Antoni gets fired, the Knicks are finished. It probably means Isiah still has influence and there just aren't coaches out there up to D'Antoni's quality. If Van Gundy was that good, he'd be back coaching with someone already. We have waited 3 years to get the proper players in. Let Walsh and D'Antoni finish the job. They can get us the championship.

Firing Antoni and acquiring Jeff Van Gundy should be the Knicks top priority this off-season if we ever want a championship. The only way this will likely happen though is if we don't extend Donnie Walsh.

I have a feeling the reason Walsh hasn't received an extension yet from Dolan is because Walsh wants to keep Antoni while Dolan wants a new coach. If Walsh doesn't get the extension I will jump for joy because
IMO that means Antoni is going to be fired. Don't get me wrong, that joy could turn to fear if Dolan brings Isiah back which I doubt will happen unless Dolan wants the media and the fans on his @ss for a few years.

Honestly we don't need Antoni anymore. We already have the scorers we need to be successful on offense in any system. We need a coach with a true defensive philosophy/mindset/players to compliment our offensive players. For all you guys still sticking up for Antoni, come talk to me at the end of the season when we get destroyed in the first round and then tell me we don't need a defensive minded coach. Defense wins championships.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
You cannot and should not be taken seriously if you think Scott Skiles is any where near the coach Mike D'Antoni is. Mike D won 60+ games four years in a row in an extremely difficult western conference. Not only is he good, he is hungry. He'll coach defense and do whatever it takes to get over the hump he didn't get over with Phoenix.

Mike D'antoni is just going to waste all of the talent of this team.He's stupid,he's stubborn,and he's doesn't teach ANY defense.I really wish we got Scott Skiles instead of Mike D'antoni.

The MDA hate around her is too much.

Did any MDA haters actually watch or pay attention to PHX under MDA? He never won a ring, but the Suns were a top 5 power house each & every year; inside an extremely tough Westen Conf. What was his winning % with the Suns? Exactly. Look it up; you'll be shocked. He also led PHX to the Westen Conf Finals & played extremely tough against the Spurs going I believe 7 gms. That was when Duncan & the Spurs were great too.

Jesus people... This is ONLY his 1st year that he's had some talent to work with & NY is in position to fight for the 5 seed. RUN MDA outta town, before giving him a fair chance? Pathetic.

He's doing everything he can. He's even played & started a rookie in Fields since pretty much day one after the Toronto game. He's been running with a 10 man rotation since the trade. Guys like Shawne Williams, TD, Carter, Walker & JJ all get playing time. Even Mason got a chance to shine last night. WE held MIA & NOH under 90. We held ATL under 80. Defense is IMPROVING.

I agree that the D'Antoni hate has gone too far, but you're not exactly helping him by pointing out that he's never won a ring with the Suns. I mean, his lack of a defensive mind could be the main reason.

As a Knicks fan, I want to see them win a championship, not be one and done.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I agree that the D'Antoni hate has gone too far, but you're not exactly helping him by pointing out that he's never won a ring with the Suns. I mean, his lack of a defensive mind could be the main reason.

As a Knicks fan, I want to see them win a championship, not be one and done.

:agreed:. Wrote a thread showing how coaches can help individual player's defense. MDA is doing better. He has increased the rotation, slowed the offense. Our points per game since the trade are 104 ppg and 101 ppg allowed. Versus 106.5 and 106 from before the trade.

But, to be elite, you need to play defense. JJ should help too. A big will help too. But, without team defense, we will always be a first or second round team, and never considered elite.

moneyg

Starter
@moneyg true mikes assistant clled the plays but at the end of the day, when a play needs o be drawn up, was it not mike? He would be a nice assistant, but the thread said head coach.

Van gundy would be a pretty good fit, I defiately agree there, just not afan of mike brown. I say keep Dantoni over alot of coaches out there. I thnk he knows his job is on the line, that D will get better as we get more experience together

we basically dropped the ball with tom tibs....

im hearing mark jackson...nah.. like to see him as an assistant first..not a fan of non experienced head coaches....
Dolan/Walsh has to force o'antoni to bring in a better defensive assisitant.. thats the key...