Thread: Riley watch is on...

Veteran

Default Riley watch is on...

I think Spoelstra hung himself with this crying remark. Perfect storm for Riley to ride in on his white horse. Heat look lost, he instantly refocuses them, and impliments better system. I'm shocked if he does not take over

Banned

Nba Logo

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I think Spoelstra hung himself with this crying remark. Perfect storm for Riley to ride in on his white horse. Heat look lost, he instantly refocuses them, and impliments better system. I'm shocked if he does not take over
    I have March 18th in the pool.

i say after the season

Riley knows the Heat are not yet ready to win it all. Once he feels they're ready he's taking over.

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

The longer it takes Riley to become coach (it's already been too long) the better it is for the NBA.

I would love for Riley to take over as of right now or a week from today. He hasn't coached in a while & MIA would be forced to start all over again; in terms of learning another offense, playbook, defense, sets etc, etc; could become too much for them to handle in a short period of time.

Riley isn't dumb, he knows this MIA team is a C & PG away from making it out of the East. With the cap hell their in... MIA may never fill those two positions with true talent. Unless they strike gold during the draft like NY stole Fields. Riley may never suit up again; unless they add PG & C talent.

The young coach made a rookie mistake. Not a small mistake; a huge one. Players cant trust him anymore. He deserved to be fired on spot. What happens in an NBA locker room - Stays in the locker room. We all know Wade was balling his eyes out. He's always tear eyed. Wade HATED getting asked if he was crying by the MEDIA.

Banned

Spolestra sucks. The guy looks absolutely clueless on the sideline. I guess "Pass it to Will" is the only strategy he's got.

But we already knew that Riley has been calling the shots.

Riley will take over next season after the Heat get bounced in the second round.

**** Riley And **** The Miami Heat

Originally Posted by TampaLovesSayuki
    Spolestra sucks. The guy looks absolutely clueless on the sideline.
    totally disagree, i dont think he can handle the egos and media but as a coach i think he is excellent. Just listened to Hubie Brown and the info he gave about Spolestra and what he has done in particular with Wade is nothing short of sensational.

It's not easy to coach a person like Lebron and it's not easy to have two superstars on the same team who play the same way and don't complement each other at all. The situation in Mia would look a lot different if they had a guy like Howard instead of Wade or Lebron. Imo, the only way it could work is if they put Lebron at point and have Wade as the number 1 scoring option. Make Lebron a more offensive minded Scottie Pippen and make Wade the scorer. This strategy would also cause a lot of mismatches for opposing guards because the opposing point would be forced to guard Wade. We saw Anthony Carter do a good job on him, but most would have difficulty matching up with him. I can't imagine a point like Nash guarding him.

Riley knows what the flaws of this team are he is not stepping within two feet of this team until perhaps next season but def not now he is very much distancing himself from this circus