View Poll Results: How do you view the Hawks?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overrated

14 48.28%
  • Underrated

2 6.90%
  • Rated right

13 44.83%
Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Hawks 3/6 6:30 PM

Hybrid View

Game Thread Knicks @ Hawks 3/6 6:30 PM

vs
    New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks
    (31-29, 14-16 away) | (37-25, 18-10 home)

Date: March 6, 2011
    6:30PM ET
    Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA
    TV: ESPN, MSG

Atlanta, GA

<table class="season-leaders" cellspacing="4"><thead><tr class="periods"><th> </th> <th style="text-align: left;">Points</th> <th style="text-align: left;">Rebounds</th> <th style="text-align: left;">Assists</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr><td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td><td style="text-align: left;">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 26.5</td><td style="text-align: left;">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 8.4</td><td style="text-align: left;">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 6.0</td></tr><tr><td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td><td style="text-align: left;">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 19.2</td><td style="text-align: left;">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 9.9</td><td style="text-align: left;">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 5.3</td></tr></tbody></table>

Gameday Matchup

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th> </th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: right; line-height: 25px;" width="30%">New York
    </th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 43, 92); text-align: right; line-height: 25px;" width="30%">Atlanta
    </th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">W-L</td><td style="text-align: right;">31-29</td><td style="text-align: right;">37-25</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Avg Points</td><td style="text-align: right;">106.4</td><td style="text-align: right;">96.1</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Avg Points Allowed</td><td style="text-align: right;">105.8</td><td style="text-align: right;">95.3</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Home Record</td><td style="text-align: right;">17-13</td><td style="text-align: right;">18-10</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Road Record</td><td style="text-align: right;">14-16</td><td style="text-align: right;">19-15</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Current Streak</td><td style="text-align: right;">L1</td><td style="text-align: right;">L1</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Last 10</td><td style="text-align: right;">5-5</td><td style="text-align: right;">4-6</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last 5 Games

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: left;" width="30%">New York</th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 43, 92); text-align: left;" width="30%">Atlanta</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr valign="top"> <td style="text-align: left;">Mar 04 CLE Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Mar 02 NO Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Mar 01 @ORL Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 27 @MIA Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 25 @CLE Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    </td> <td style="text-align: left;">Mar 04 OKC Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Mar 02 CHI Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 28 @DEN Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 27 @POR Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 25 @GS Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td></tr></tbody></table>

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] have both played their last two games without key starters. Each club earned a victory in the first game before a disappointing loss in the second.
    It's unclear if the Knicks' [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or the Hawks' [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] will suit up Sunday night when these teams meet at Philips Arena.
    Billups has missed the last two games for New York (31-29) since he bruised his left thigh in Tuesday's 116-110 loss at Orlando. The Knicks won 107-88 over New Orleans on Wednesday without him before Friday's 119-115 home loss to lowly Cleveland.
    "It's a tough loss," star forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] said. "I really don't want to say it's embarrassing, but it is a tough loss ... knowing how important it is to take care of home court."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], a Georgia native, has started the last two games in place of Billups and averaged 17.5 points and 5.0 assists.
    Smith, second on the Hawks (37-25) in scoring (16.7 points per game) and rebounding (8.7), has been out with a right knee ligament sprain. Atlanta won 83-80 over Chicago on Wednesday without him, then lost 111-104 to Oklahoma City on Friday.
    Hawks coach Larry Drew has used a bigger lineup without Smith, inserting [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] alongside [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in his frontcourt.
    Smith's possible absence could be a huge boost to the Knicks. He has averaged 17.0 points, 6.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists in three meetings this season.
    Atlanta won the first two matchups before a 102-90 loss Feb. 16 in New York. That was the Knicks' final game before acquiring Billups and Anthony, and the Hawks realize they will be seeing a different opponent.
    "Obviously with the changes they have made, it's going to be a grind," Drew said. "It's going to be a game that we're going to have bring playoff intensity and playoff energy. Anything less, it could be a disappointing night for us."
    New York may also be short-handed in its frontcourt since center [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] sat out Friday with a sore left knee. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] received his first start, with All-Star [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] sliding to center.
    Atlanta will present a different look with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], acquired from Washington on Feb. 23, starting the last two games at point guard. Hinrich had 21 points Friday for his highest total since Nov. 19.
    Drew felt that Smith's energy was sorely missed against the Thunder, who become the fourth team to score more than 110 points against the Hawks.
    "These teams are going to bring energy, they're going to bring intensity," the coach said. "We have to bring ours."
    The Knicks have struggled defensively while splitting six games since their roster changes, allowing 115 points or more in each of the losses.
    "I think the more we practice, the more we communicate off the court, the more we sit down and really talk about our schemes, and then the quicker we can execute, the better we'll be defensively," Stoudemire said.
    Stoudemire matched a season high with 41 points and Anthony had 29 on Friday.
    Stoudemire's 29.7 points per game at Philips Arena are his most in any building while Anthony's 39.6 percent shooting there is his second-lowest mark.
    -ESPN.com

OFFICIAL JPZ PREDICTION

Knicks- 109

Hawks- 101

presents

JPZ17's

FAVE 5 KEYS TO WINNING

1. Billups must play!! and be healthy!
    2. Amare needs to get past the Hawks solid defense and still score
    3. Let Fields shoot more, seriously. The man doesn't miss..
    4. Don't play Jared Jeffries, he sucks
    5. Don't get into a fight..
    Did you know??
    • On March 6th 1996 Patrick Ewing grabs nine rebounds in 89-82 win at Toronto, passing Willis Reed (8,414) for first place on the Knicks all-time rebounding list
    • On March 6th 1970 Knicks become the first team in NBA history to surpass the 1 million mark in regular-season total attendance in 107-103 victory versus San Diego Rockets at Madison Square Garden.
    • Amar’e Stoudemire and Hawks forward Josh Smith competed against each other in the 2005 NBA Slam Dunk Contest. Smith edged Stoudemire in the finals to claim the title
    • Anthony Carter was born and raised in Atlanta
    • Toney Douglas went to high school in the Atlanta area
    • Shelden Williams was selected by Atlanta in the first round (fifth overall) of 2006 NBA Draft
    Starting Lineups

HAWKS
    PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

HINRICH--------JOHNSON---------WILLIAMS---------SMITH-----------HORFORD

KNICKS
    PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

BILLIPS---------FIELDS---------ANTHONY---------STOUDEMIRE---------TURIAF

JPZ17's Key matchup

Amare Stoudemire vs Josh Smith

JPZ17's Player Pressure
    Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????

The answer: Chauncey Billups

Knicks fan anxiously await Billups' return as the Knicks have struggled without him. They probably would have beat Cleveland pretty easily with Billups, so now we need him to be healthy and in the game.

JPZ's YouTube of the Day

Thanks for joining me
    for knicksonline I'm JPZ17
    Stay classy New York

Go New York Knickssss!

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Great thread. We need this game in the worst way. Lose this game & we have no chance @ the 5th seed. Win this game, and we're only 3 games back of Atlanta in the loss column with 20 games or so to go.

Must win. I love the NBA league pass, but I'm glad the game is on ESPN tonight. Something different.

Billups, Turiaf and Bill Walker are all out tonight against the Hawks and iffy to play tomorrow at the Jazz.

That spells trouble. Also, Josh Smith is a go tonight. Going to be a rough game, hope we pull this one out.

Originally Posted by kylepicklehead
    Billups, Turiaf and Bill Walker are all out tonight against the Hawks and iffy to play tomorrow at the Jazz.

That spells trouble. Also, Josh Smith is a go tonight. Going to be a rough game, hope we pull this one out.
    We need Fields, Douglas and Williams to step up if we're going to have any chance to win.

Banned

Gametime is right around the corner. Huge game for the Knicks. Still fighting for the 5 seed; win tonight & it's a step in the right dirrection.

Also heard Billups is expected to start (probable). Which I hope turns out to be the case. I like the trio of Billups followed by Douglas & Carter.

Nice to see Amare never took the back burner to our team after the addition of Carmelo. Both averaging 26 per since the trade. Amare (26.8) Melo (26.6). Nice duo right there. We just need to D-Up & get production from our supporting cast.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

hoping we can pull off a W here and get some consistency going in the win column. believe it or not one person i hope to see play is Mason. dude can really help us off the bench.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Gametime is right around the corner. Huge game for the Knicks. Still fighting for the 5 seed; win tonight & it's a step in the right dirrection.

Also heard Billups is expected to start (probable). Which I hope turns out to be the case. I like the trio of Billups followed by Douglas & Carter.

Nice to see Amare never took the back burner to our team after the addition of Carmelo. Both averaging 26 per since the trade. Amare (26.8) Melo (26.6). Nice duo right there. We just need to D-Up & get production from our supporting cast.
    Billups and Turiaf are out. J.Jeffries and T.Douglas will start. R.Mason and D.Brown made the rotation as well for tonights game.

Daaamn wtff! Billups, Walker and Turiaf all out...****

Banned

Gonna be tough to win without Billups, Turi & Walker... I'm glad to see JJ starting though. I like his defense & feel he's gonna work out for the Knicks this go around. Didn't have the best game against the Cavs but it was ONLY his first game back.

I'm expecting Jeffries to put up around 4-8 points, 8-12 rebounds & 1-2 blocks while taking 1 offensive charge. Sucks not having Billups but I'm confident in Douglas @ point. We need a strong game from TD as a leader tonight.

Come on JJ... Bring some DEFENSIVE INTENSITY to the Knicks tonight!

This is a must win, if we lose then we're tied with Philly.

Banned

Is it just me, or did the Mail Man (Karl Malone) just look high as a kite? lol, dude had his eyes on LOW.

I kinda wanna face the Heat rather than the Bulls right now.. If we drop to 7th and the Heat stop sucking SO much and stay in 2nd I'll be content..

Melo and STAT gonna bring it, we need a big night from fields and either williams or TD, preferrably both. I got a feeling this is gonna be a blow out win for us tonight!

Great start by the boys, hope they can keep the intencity up.

I have never heard of an away team cheer for the Knicks so loudly.