Knicks @ Hawks 3/6 6:30 PM

How do you view the Hawks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Masso

Rookie
Great win.

Back to back wins would be nice now, stop this win-loss trend since the trade!

Amare was sick in that last quarter.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, our guards Douglas/ Carter/ Fields/ and Mason Jr. took this WIN in Atlanta over the Hawks.
Knicks-92 Hawks 79
Mason Jr. made a 4th qtr. statement on Crawful

Headcoach Chauncy Billups 4-guard rotation is better than the 3 seasons of Dantoni's 3-guard rotation...
:gony:

Great win in a much needed game. Like you've all stated: We must protect our home court & take out the Jazz to stop this win followed by a loss, tough to swallow thrend.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
Great feeling to win tonight. We should have won in similar fashion on Friday night, but what's done is done. We can only work on what's coming up next.

I think the greatest part of tonight's victory is not just that we played great TEAM D, but that Melo had a really quiet night offensively but our role players stepped it up in a huge way. We had 7 different players in double figures tonight.

miked1958

Rotation player
you hit the nail on the head

this is a feel good win...now we gotta buck the trend and win tomorrow

good to see Ma$e get some minutes:gony:
They looked GREAT tonight on both offense and defense. Alot of misses in 2nd quarter when hawks started coming back. It was like we had no one that could score other then Stat and Melo. Then all of the sudden everyone else started scoring.
However, We have done this with the gread D against 3 really GOOD teams (miami, Hornets and Hawks) but then totally Flopped against the Cavs both times giving up HUGE number to them. Like you said we have to BUCK the Trend against Utah if nothing else to give these guys some confidence that they can do it night in and night out.
Overall I am happy with what i am seeing. Playing GREAT D every other game I guess is better then what we used to do which was NEVER play D.. So its a huge turn around from what we are used to.
Sixers won again tonight to keep the pressure on us only a half game back.
Hey guys how many of you would like to slip to 7th and play the Heat in the first round instead of the Bulls. I think we get eliminated by Chicago in 6or7 games, but for some strange reason I feel we can beat the HEAT in 5or6. call me crazy

Sage

Rotation player
Good win today, nice to see them string a really good 4th quarter together.

Meanwhile the heat are crying in their locker room, love it. :)

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Great win tonight. We scored at will towards the end of the game, while playing solid D.

Melo really had an off-night tonight while Amare did his thang. Sure he will rebound tomorrow when we square off against the Jazz.

Loved Landry Fields' play tonight, played hard on both sides of the ball and shot the 3 ball well which he hasn't much lately.

This was a must-win and an important one so that we can catch back up to the Hawks and didn't fall behind the 76ers.

Hope to have Chauncey back to run the O again real soon, if not tomorrow night against the Jazz- Next game against the Grizzlies. I don't know if I can deal with Toney running the point any longer. Doesn't pass much which really gets on my nerves. Chauncey our leader and brains on Offense and hope he recovers and is back on the court real soon.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Nice win tnite..

Safe to say Mike D had this team primed and ready to cut heads. Whatever he said to em it definitely got across. The fact it was almost like a home game helped as well.

Amare played like the MVP he is. He owned Horford and Smith in this one.

Fields was key to this win also. He played hard-nosed and consistently suffocating D on J.Johnson. He also made big shots.

Bad news: The Sixers won tnite also.

We need another victory tomorrow. Melo needs to bring his A-game..

Go Knicks.. :cool:

great win tonight i love seeing the defensive hustle out there crazy how in ATl Amare was receiving MVP chants! on to Utah hopefully the defensive consistency will be there tomorrow and we can climb into the 5th seed:beer:

mafra

Legend
Nice win tnite..

Safe to say Mike D had this team primed and ready to cut heads. Whatever he said to em it definitely got across. The fact it was almost like a home game helped as well.

Fields was key to this win also. He played hard-nosed and consistently suffocating D on J.Johnson. He also made big shots.

ACTUALLY, I prefer to play MIA over CHI. MIA is lost right now... Cannot close games. 1-16 shooting ball under 10 seconds left in game for win/tie (worst in NBA). They're trying to find themselves... CHI has ROSE and a solid front court. I almost feel as if we match up better against MIA.

PLUS, CHI has been through the playoffs together already, while this is MIA's first go at it (like us). AND, let's not forget Thibby vs D'antoni isn;t fair for us.

SO, who cares if we finish with the 7th seed. BRING ON THE HEAT!

KingofNy

Starter
Great win tonight. We scored at will towards the end of the game, while playing solid D.

Loved Landry Fields' play tonight, played hard on both sides of the ball and shot the 3 ball well which he hasn't much lately.

Landry was a beast tonight! I also think Anthony Carter was the spark that turned the game in our favor though...I loved his intensity. I wish we could keep that defensive intensity up consistently. I applaud D'Antoni's (yes I put the D back in there after that showing) coaching tonight. He stayed on the refs and stayed on his players and got on guys when they weren't putting in a good defensive effort.

Overall great win though.... Hopefully this win will give us some confidence to go on a little run here against Utah then Dallas.

ACTUALLY, I prefer to play MIA over CHI. MIA is lost right now... Cannot close games. 1-16 shooting ball under 10 seconds left in game for win/tie (worst in NBA). They're trying to find themselves... CHI has ROSE and a solid front court. I almost feel as if we match up better against MIA.

PLUS, CHI has been through the playoffs together already, while this is MIA's first go at it (like us). AND, let's not forget Thibby vs D'antoni isn;t fair for us.

SO, who cares if we finish with the 7th seed. BRING ON THE HEAT!
Don't forget that the Heat don't have a center or any inside scoring players.

iSaYughh

Starter
Nice win tnite..

Crazy how whenever we have good defensive games, the one constant observation -- from pretty much every faction of KO --,

"love that HUSTLE"

"that's the type of defensive EFFORT I like to see"

"we just need to see those boxing outs and going for rebounds and we are GOLD"