Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67

Thread: I'm not willing to throw Mike D'Antoni under the bus. I'm giving this man a chance.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I'm not willing to throw Mike D'Antoni under the bus. I'm giving this man a chance.

    He deserves a strong chance. He's an excellent basketball coach.

    This is the 1st year that he's had any talent to work with as NY's head coach; & the Knicks are in strong position to strike for a playoff birth (for the 1st time in whats been too long).

    The Suns were a top 3-5 power house each & every year under MDA. In an extremely tough Westen Conf too. The Suns never won a championship, but just look @ how many wins they had under MDA... They were an outstanding team.

    Everyone attacks MDA because of our defense, but yet, no one gives him credit for NY having a top 3 offensive attack.

    Before the trade, MDA was working with 4 of 5 starters in Felton, Fields, Amare & Mozgov who weren't even with the Knicks last year. As of right now? 5 starters who weren't with us last year. Defense doesn't happen over night. It's a work in progress. It takes time to gel as a defensive unit. Fields is a learning rookie, we have NO Center what so ever & we have 5 new starters. MDA deserves a chance. He's a good coach.

  2. #2
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    D'Antoni is the man and has 10x the basketball knowledge of ANYONE on this board

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm also willing to give Jeffries a strong chance this time around. I've seen so many NY fans attacking JJ after only his 1st game back with the Knicks that it's sad. Oakley was horrible on offense, but the man gave us toughness & was great on defense. Not saying JJ will become a 'great' defender, but he can become great for our defense. He brings a lot of toughness to the defense too; just ask the neck of Carmelo Anthony. The man plays with intensity & heart & thats what the Knicks have been lacking since the days of Stakrs, Oakley, Ewing & Mason of the 90's.... And even those guys had years & years of working together on the defensive aspects of the game.

    Before the trade? Our defense allowed 90 pts or less only two times. After the trade? We've allowed fewer than 90 pts two times after only 6 games (Heat-Hornets). We're improving. We're still not consistant but lets be real here; D'Antoni hasn't been given a chance to become a consistant team on defense. How many players were on this team...last year?

  4. #4
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    D'Antoni is the man and has 10x the basketball knowledge of ANYONE on this board
    The Cavs fans around the world totally agree with you and hope that we keep Antoni forever.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What about beating the Lakers, Heat (2 times), Bulls (2 times), Hornets, Spurs etc, etc this year? Yeah... Blame the coach for the players playing down to the level of their opponent when speaking of the Cavs.

    Attack the coach when the team loses & praise the players when they win an upset. Funny.

  6. #6
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    We never beat the Lakers..

  7. #7
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    What about beating the Lakers
    I stopped reading after this,We never beat the Lakers this season.

  8. #8
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    What about beating the Lakers, Heat (2 times), Bulls (2 times), Hornets, Spurs etc, etc this year? Yeah... Blame the coach for the players playing down to the level of their opponent when speaking of the Cavs.

    Attack the coach when the team loses & praise the players when they win an upset. Funny.
    Do you even watch the games? We never beat the Lakers... Our players are out of position when playing D. It's not that they're just getting outplayed. These guys are in the NBA, they know how to play D. It's bad coaching on both sides of the ball sucks. The Cavs beat Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Boston and our Knicks (3 times)....What the hell does that prove? Based on your logic Cleveland is pretty good. LOL

  9. #9
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Has anyone noticed that whenever our players are guarding they never have their hands up.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My fault, still doesn't change the fact that we've beat the Bulls (2x), Heat (2x), Hornets & Spurs just to name a few.

    We lost to the Cavs 3 times. The players deserve just as much blame as MDA. It's not MDA fault they blew a 10+ point lead during the 4th quarter. He was a reason with some of the moves, but then again, the Players were the one's who blew the game. D'Antoni holds a clip board, not the ball.

  11. #11
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Has anyone noticed that whenever our players are guarding they never have their hands up.
    Who holds the players responsible for not playing D correctly? Just wondering?

  12. #12
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    It's not MDA fault they blew a 10+ point lead during the 4th quarter.
    Yeah it was.Mike D'antoni doesn't teach defense and that why we lost.

  13. #13
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    My fault, still doesn't change the fact that we've beat the Bulls (2x), Heat (2x), Hornets & Spurs just to name a few.

    We lost to the Cavs 3 times. The players deserve just as much blame as MDA. It's not MDA fault they blew a 10+ point lead during the 4th quarter. He was a reason with some of the moves, but then again, the Players were the one's who blew the game. D'Antoni holds a clip board, not the ball.
    Since you're into repeating a bad example I'll repeat my response.

    The Cavs beat Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Boston and our Knicks (3 times)....What the hell does that prove? Based on your logic Cleveland is pretty good. What does your point prove? Nothing. Bad teams beat good teams all the time. A good coach prepares their team to beat both the good and the bad teams and holds his players responsible for not following his game plan correctly. When a team isn't consistent, that falls directly on the coach...never the players.

    When's the last time a player got fired for his team losing?
    Last edited by KingofNy; Mar 06, 2011 at 15:24.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You know why the players are playing out of position? Because before the trade we have 4 starters who weren't with the team last year. After the trade, we have 5 brand new starters. Think defense comes "over night"? Wrong.

    Find me ONE team... That made the playoffs with 5 new starters who weren't on the team the previous year. Better yet, find me a team that had 4 od 5 new starters who ranked as a top 12 defense. I'll be waiting.

  15. #15
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Who holds the players responsible for not playing D correctly? Just wondering?
    Damn i really have no idea...

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 17:27
  2. Can We Win w/ D'Antoni
    By BleedOrange&Blue in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: Nov 27, 2011, 14:33
  3. Holy Crap! Mike D'antoni fired!!!
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Apr 01, 2011, 23:16
  4. ESPN rates Dantoni's first 2 seasons as coach
    By nyk_nyk in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Apr 16, 2010, 14:45
  5. Let's End This Now.
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2010, 12:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •