I'm not willing to throw Mike D'Antoni under the bus. I'm giving this man a chance.

He deserves a strong chance. He's an excellent basketball coach.

This is the 1st year that he's had any talent to work with as NY's head coach; & the Knicks are in strong position to strike for a playoff birth (for the 1st time in whats been too long).

The Suns were a top 3-5 power house each & every year under MDA. In an extremely tough Westen Conf too. The Suns never won a championship, but just look @ how many wins they had under MDA... They were an outstanding team.

Everyone attacks MDA because of our defense, but yet, no one gives him credit for NY having a top 3 offensive attack.

Before the trade, MDA was working with 4 of 5 starters in Felton, Fields, Amare & Mozgov who weren't even with the Knicks last year. As of right now? 5 starters who weren't with us last year. Defense doesn't happen over night. It's a work in progress. It takes time to gel as a defensive unit. Fields is a learning rookie, we have NO Center what so ever & we have 5 new starters. MDA deserves a chance. He's a good coach.

I'm also willing to give Jeffries a strong chance this time around. I've seen so many NY fans attacking JJ after only his 1st game back with the Knicks that it's sad. Oakley was horrible on offense, but the man gave us toughness & was great on defense. Not saying JJ will become a 'great' defender, but he can become great for our defense. He brings a lot of toughness to the defense too; just ask the neck of Carmelo Anthony. The man plays with intensity & heart & thats what the Knicks have been lacking since the days of Stakrs, Oakley, Ewing & Mason of the 90's.... And even those guys had years & years of working together on the defensive aspects of the game.

Before the trade? Our defense allowed 90 pts or less only two times. After the trade? We've allowed fewer than 90 pts two times after only 6 games (Heat-Hornets). We're improving. We're still not consistant but lets be real here; D'Antoni hasn't been given a chance to become a consistant team on defense. How many players were on this team...last year?

What about beating the Lakers, Heat (2 times), Bulls (2 times), Hornets, Spurs etc, etc this year? Yeah... Blame the coach for the players playing down to the level of their opponent when speaking of the Cavs.

Attack the coach when the team loses & praise the players when they win an upset. Funny.

KingofNy

Starter
What about beating the Lakers, Heat (2 times), Bulls (2 times), Hornets, Spurs etc, etc this year? Yeah... Blame the coach for the players playing down to the level of their opponent when speaking of the Cavs.

Attack the coach when the team loses & praise the players when they win an upset. Funny.

Do you even watch the games? We never beat the Lakers... Our players are out of position when playing D. It's not that they're just getting outplayed. These guys are in the NBA, they know how to play D. It's bad coaching on both sides of the ball sucks. The Cavs beat Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Boston and our Knicks (3 times)....What the hell does that prove? Based on your logic Cleveland is pretty good. LOL

My fault, still doesn't change the fact that we've beat the Bulls (2x), Heat (2x), Hornets & Spurs just to name a few.

We lost to the Cavs 3 times. The players deserve just as much blame as MDA. It's not MDA fault they blew a 10+ point lead during the 4th quarter. He was a reason with some of the moves, but then again, the Players were the one's who blew the game. D'Antoni holds a clip board, not the ball.

KingofNy

Starter
My fault, still doesn't change the fact that we've beat the Bulls (2x), Heat (2x), Hornets & Spurs just to name a few.

We lost to the Cavs 3 times. The players deserve just as much blame as MDA. It's not MDA fault they blew a 10+ point lead during the 4th quarter. He was a reason with some of the moves, but then again, the Players were the one's who blew the game. D'Antoni holds a clip board, not the ball.

Since you're into repeating a bad example I'll repeat my response.

The Cavs beat Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Boston and our Knicks (3 times)....What the hell does that prove? Based on your logic Cleveland is pretty good. What does your point prove? Nothing. Bad teams beat good teams all the time. A good coach prepares their team to beat both the good and the bad teams and holds his players responsible for not following his game plan correctly. When a team isn't consistent, that falls directly on the coach...never the players.

When's the last time a player got fired for his team losing?

Last edited:
You know why the players are playing out of position? Because before the trade we have 4 starters who weren't with the team last year. After the trade, we have 5 brand new starters. Think defense comes "over night"? Wrong.

Find me ONE team... That made the playoffs with 5 new starters who weren't on the team the previous year. Better yet, find me a team that had 4 od 5 new starters who ranked as a top 12 defense. I'll be waiting.

Who holds the players responsible for not playing D correctly? Just wondering?
Damn i really have no idea...
dantoni.jpg

The answer is to find a defensive minded assistant. Simple as that. Not "fire" the coach who had plenty of Success with the Suns inside of an extremely tough Westen Conf. The answer is not to "fire" the coach who's leading us into the playoffs with one of it not the best offensive attack in all of basketball.

Call me out for not "watching the games"? I watch every game. NBA league pass works wonders. Have you watched the Knicks over the past 10+ years? If so, you would enjoy our recent success instead of bashing the coach and everything about our NEW team.

KingofNy

Starter
You know why the players are playing out of position? Because before the trade we have 4 starters who weren't with the team last year. After the trade, we have 5 brand new starters. Think defense comes "over night"? Wrong.

Find me ONE team... That made the playoffs with 5 new starters who weren't on the team the previous year. Better yet, find me a team that had 4 od 5 new starters who ranked as a top 12 defense. I'll be waiting.

I forgot that our defense was good the 2 years prior. Nice point. :rolleyes:

Oh well, you all can contunue to bash MDA all you want. Have fun with it. Me? I'll support the man & enjoy the season for what it is; a chance to make the playoffs in whats been too long led by two superstars & a team that has yet to gel.

I'm not gonna "argue" about D'Antoni from here on out. I'm just gonna enjoy tonights big game against Atlanta & enjoy our team heading into the playoffs.

You say defensive minded assistant but do you know Dantoni has rejected that suggestion everytime he's been pressed about it? Does that change your stance on him?

petescud

Starter
I don't know what to think aside from if Herb Williams is our defensive coach, he should be let go. Also look at the Net game the other night. They gave up 136 points, and Avery Johnson was always defensive orientated, so whats the deal?