Since the trade: The Knicks have held the Heat, Hornets & Hawks all under 90 pts!

Our defense, under MDA; is improving by leaps & bounds.

It's key to know that before the trade, NY only held teams under 90 pts two times. Since the trade, in only 7 games? 3 times. Held Atlanta to 79 points in a 92-79 road victory in a MUST win type of game.

I put that Cleveland loss behind me. I've moved on. It was a classic example of a team playing down to the level of their opponent. This huge win, on the road, against a tought Atlanta team (without Billups, Turiaf & Walker) is a big time step in the right dirrection.

Fields, Carter, Douglas, Jeffries... They can all D up. The potential is here. Even Melo can be a defensive force when focused on defense. Same goes for Amare. Even Walker & Shawne Williams play with heart. The best of the Knicks defense has yet to come. I truly believe that.

With our explosive offense, if our defense can become consistant... We can, & will; make plenty of noise come playoff time.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Remember how we let the Bucks have a 3 point party?

And of course the Cleveland loss. Not to rain on your optimism but our defense isn't THAT great...yet. We're getting there. Now the problem isn't whether these guys care about playing D, it's being consistent with it night in and night out.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
Well we're 3-1 against playoff teams that we've faced so far, and all the sub-90 games were against those playoff teams. We were on track for a similar performance against Orlando, another playoff team, if it wasn't for Nelson's 4th-quarter explosion.

I never said anything about us being great or even become great. I simply made a point on how our defense is improving. The numbers don't lie. After about 60 games, we only allowed fewer than 90 on two seperate occasions. Since the trade, add to the fact that Melo is a much better defender than Gallo ever was for us. Carter combined with the defense of Douglas is an upgrade over Felton @ the point. Or at least an even wash because Felton & TD also made for a solid defensive PG duo. Mozgov was only averaging 2 & 3 or 3 & 4 as a starting center. I love the heart & INTENSITY that Jeffries is on the verge of bringing us.

We're improving. Thats the bottom line. Wanna bring up the games against the Bucks, Cavs & Magic (4th Q) since the trade? So be it. I'll just mention the 50+ games prior to the trade.

consistency consistency consistency if the players stop taking nights off with garbage teams like the cavs we would be 7-1 instead of 4-4 I realize it takes time for the team to gel so the future looks promissing

& sorry StreetDreams but you nor any other Knicks fan can quote on quote 'rain on my parade'. The Knicks recent success this year has been my so called parade. It's a feel good feeling. I remember loving the Knicks of the 90's (since 92 to be exact) like no tomorrow. I'm feeling like a kid again. Haven't been to the playoffs since 2000 freakin' 4. We're on the verge of heading into the playoffs with two of the NBA's top 10 stars. We have the most explosive offensive attack in all of basketball. Fields is the most productive Knicks rookie since god knows when? Billups is the most experienced playoff leader @ the Point since who? Derek Harper right. We also have a strong 6th man in Douglas coming off the bench. I hear way too much MDA & Knicks hate/doubt around here. I'm not shy to say that I love this Knicks team. I'm not embarrased to admit that I'm 25 years of age & this teams brings the kid out of me. I'm not scared to believe in this team come playoff time either. We did it in 99 as the 8th seed.

This is exactly what I said, when we play hard defense and hustle we are one of the 3 best teams in the NBA (beside the Lakers and Celtics).

On offense we're always going to score around 90, even against the best defensive teams in the league. All of our success depends on our own defense. If we turn up and take it seriously like we did in the wins you mentioned, sky is the limit.

Good thing about playing Miami (if we can hold on for 6th) is that we won't have any motovation problems (like we have against shit teams like the Cavs or Kings), Melo and STAT will play their hearts out to prove that they are better than Chris Bitch and Lechoke James. Carter is a good defender on Wade and Billups shits on Bibby. The only quality big man they have is Udonis Haslem. Dampier is a cry baby and Ilgauskas one of the slowest guys in the league these days. Chalmers and Arroyo are not better than Toney Douglas.
I think it'll be a good series and we have a chance.
Only thing that's going to hurt us is Miami's home court advantage. It'll be very vry vry hard to win 4 games against them with 58% of the games beeing played on their home court.

Our hope is that they crack under the pressure before the regular season is over. Bosh said that some players were close to tears and nobody said a word for about 10 minutes in the locker room last night :peace:

Come on you Lakers and beat the Heat!

How sweet it would be to eliminate a mentally unstable Heat team in the first round..after all that hype sorrounding Lechoke and the so called 'big 3'.

Maybe the Heat are next in row of the biggest upsets in sports history?
I would love it!!! :gony:

& sorry StreetDreams but you nor any other Knicks fan can quote on quote 'rain on my parade'. The Knicks recent success this year has been my so called parade. It's a feel good feeling. I remember loving the Knicks of the 90's (since 92 to be exact) like no tomorrow. I'm feeling like a kid again. Haven't been to the playoffs since 2000 freakin' 4. We're on the verge of heading into the playoffs with two of the NBA's top 10 stars. We have the most explosive offensive attack in all of basketball. Fields is the most productive Knicks rookie since god knows when? Billups is the most experienced playoff leader @ the Point since who? Derek Harper right. We also have a strong 6th man in Douglas coming off the bench. I hear way too much MDA & Knicks hate/doubt around here. I'm not shy to say that I love this Knicks team. I'm not embarrased to admit that I'm 25 years of age & this teams brings the kid out of me. I'm not scared to believe in this team come playoff time either. We did it in 99 as the 8th seed.

Don't you think you may be taking this a little TOO seriously?

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
This is exactly what I said, when we play hard defense and hustle we are one of the 3 best teams in the NBA (beside the Lakers and Celtics).

On offense we're always going to score around 90, even against the best defensive teams in the league. All of our success depends on our own defense. If we turn up and take it seriously like we did in the wins you mentioned, sky is the limit.

Good thing about playing Miami (if we can hold on for 6th) is that we won't have any motovation problems (like we have against shit teams like the Cavs or Kings), Melo and STAT will play their hearts out to prove that they are better than Chris Bitch and Lechoke James. Carter is a good defender on Wade and Billups shits on Bibby. The only quality big man they have is Udonis Haslem. Dampier is a cry baby and Ilgauskas one of the slowest guys in the league these days. Chalmers and Arroyo are not better than Toney Douglas.
I think it'll be a good series and we have a chance.
Only thing that's going to hurt us is Miami's home court advantage. It'll be very vry vry hard to win 4 games against them with 58% of the games beeing played on their home court.

Our hope is that they crack under the pressure before the regular season is over. Bosh said that some players were close to tears and nobody said a word for about 10 minutes in the locker room last night :peace:

Come on you Lakers and beat the Heat!

How sweet it would be to eliminate a mentally unstable Heat team in the first round..after all that hype sorrounding Lechoke and the so called 'big 3'.

Maybe the Heat are next in row of the biggest upsets in sports history?
I would love it!!! :gony:

Dopest post Ive seen today! Only thing is aaroyo is with Boston now. Wht alot of people dnt realize is that those playoff teams like Boston, Miami, Chicago etc, fear the names on our teams aswell, they know its gonna be tough for them to play NY, avantage KNICKS. We just have to be strong willed and show some heart! Allen Iverson heart!

Agreed, anyone who does not guarantee the Knicks will win the championship is a Knicks hater and has no place here.

miked1958

Rotation player
i think

consistency consistency consistency if the players stop taking nights off with garbage teams like the cavs we would be 7-1 instead of 4-4 I realize it takes time for the team to gel so the future looks promissing
we are now 5-3 since the the trade if i am not mistaken. win vs bucks, loss cavs, win miami, loss magic, win hornets, loss cavs, win hawks, win jazz. but you are right about the part if we had beat the cavs like we should have we would be 7-1 since the trade and 35-27 instead of 33-29. However we should win 5 of next 7 at least. Maybe even 6-1 or 7-0 if we can take down the Mavs. I was thinking a loss to the mavs and falter 1 other time against one of those bad teams. so at worst we could be 38-31 going into that tough stretch with boston and orlando twice

Last edited:

miked1958

Rotation player
with the bulls losing tonight though they are only a 1/2 game up on the Heat, so things can change fast and there is still a long long way to go down the stretch.

PizzaLover

Banned
Dopest post Ive seen today! Only thing is aaroyo is with Boston now. Wht alot of people dnt realize is that those playoff teams like Boston, Miami, Chicago etc, fear the names on our teams aswell, they know its gonna be tough for them to play NY, avantage KNICKS. We just have to be strong willed and show some heart! Allen Iverson heart!
The kind of heart that doesn't want to show up to practice?