Vinsanity speaks

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Saw this article this AM...if Damp signed the MLE we just might still have the pieces to make this work...but would VC really help?

Vince pushes for Knick deal

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Vince Carter's agent revealed yesterday that the All-Star swingman met with Toronto Raptors management two weeks ago and asked the club to explore trade possibilities.
"We did meet and asked them to look into trades," Mark Steinberg said in a telephone interview. "They know where we stand."

Steinberg would neither confirm nor deny reports that Carter is trying to orchestrate a trade to New York. Last week, a person close to Carter told the Daily News that he "absolutely wants to be traded to the Knicks."

Raptors first-year GM Rob Babcock has stated publicly that Carter, who has four years remaining on his contract, will remain in Toronto. Still, the Knicks and Raptors have had had preliminary discussions regarding Carter and would likely have to include a third or even fourth team to make a deal.

Knicks president Isiah Thomas has let it be known that under no circumstances would he trade point guard Stephon Marbury, which makes it all the more difficult to pry Carter from Toronto. Tim Thomas could be included in a potential deal, although Isiah Thomas has strong feelings for the player he acquired last February for Keith Van Horn.

In all likelihood, if the Raptors were to trade Carter, they would want some of their high-salaried players (Alvin Williams, Jalen Rose) included in the deal. It's hard to imagine the Raptors trading their most marketable player to the Knicks and to Thomas, the former Raptors president who had a falling out with Toronto's ownership group.

The Knicks can only hope that Carter puts enough pressure on Toronto to force its hand. Shaquille O'Neal and Tracy McGrady forced their teams to trade them to Miami and Houston respectively. Of course, both players had leverage because they were entering the final year of their contracts while Carter's deal doesn't expire until after the 2008 season.

well Carter is about to Pull a Shaq but they ned 2 trade him so the keep kobe and i think if he does get traded to another hes gona Pull a T.O and make it bak to the knicks for nothing and toronto should take houston and T.T and help us while gteing 2 good players even tho there contract are high

e_D

Benchwarmer
I say screw Vince. While he probably would make the team a bit better, we don't need another hobbed allstar with a megamillions contract. Keep TT til his contract expires and let it come off the books.. By that time Ariza/Dermarr will be able to do the job nicely.

dacash

Benchwarmer
i agree with e_d .screw carter,i dont think he would make our team that much greater.tt will do a nice job,he just needs to toughen up

theres no way Isiah gives up Marbury 4 Carter, Every1 loves him and he loves NY and Isiah loves him, n isiah sai dhe would trade any 1 exept Marbury

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
if we trade marbury for carter it is stupid but we i think we have to get skip......this is not a bad line up

C- dampier
PF - tim thomas(it is the east)
SF - carter
SG- crawford
PG - skip

bench - houston , kurt thomas (if he still available) , sweetney , nazy ( if dampier takes the mid level) and penny

is not that bad but i doubt that isiah will do it
( i dont wont want this to happen but i wont be mad )

JJtheKnick

Starter
they want a big player for carter. the knicks would have to trade marbury in order to get carter and i would never do that.